***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

234,827 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MLB the show is quenching a little of the thirst. Fake baseball is better than no baseball and I can only watch the MLB network specials for so long.
AgBQ-00
AG
Saw a list of games to rewatch on YouTube posted on MLB.com. This one was on the list thought many here might like to see it in its entirety.

NO-NO x 7

AgBQ-00
AG
AP...along the same lines I there anyway to get the organization to put past games online? Would love to watch Kenny Rogers' perfect game and many others.
TMACsDaMan
Kenny Rogers, the singer passed at 81
CampingAg
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

AP...along the same lines I there anyway to get the organization to put past games online? Would love to watch Kenny Rogers' perfect game and many others.

Agreed. I was reading a Jamie Newberg article on the Athletic and he went down the rabbit trail of the game in San Francisco circa 2006 when Michael Young, Mark Derosa and Mark Teixeira all got ejected. Derosa and Tex were dumped after Tex ripped a ball down the line with the bases loaded in the 9th that kicked up chalk and Tom Hallion called it foul. I remember watching the game and fearing for Tom's life as Tex (already running up the first base line), instead of rounding the bag to head to second base just kept running full speed right at him after it was called foul. I still think of that every time Tom Hallion umps a game.

I'd also like to go back and watch Scott Feldman (well mainly Mark Derosa) vs. Adam Kennedy from 2007ish (?). We had just gotten DVR for the first time in our house and I must've rewound that 25 times.
sburg2007
Mlb network has had some solid classic games on, but they show the same one all day! Fsn could be better too.
CampingAg
AG
I also wouldn't mind running through the series when we swept the Angels all on walkoff HRs.
Rossko
AG
MLB has uploaded every game of every season from 2009-2018 on YouTube. I think you can search for any regular season game by using XXX at XXX and the date. I watched this one the other night.

AgBQ-00
AG

AggieDPT
AG
Still the best game I've ever been to and a memory I won't ever forget
PatAg
AG
Rossko said:

MLB has uploaded every game of every season from 2009-2018 on YouTube. I think you can search for any regular season game by using XXX at XXX and the date. I watched this one the other night.

Still get sports tears.
CampingAg
AG
Being the sports pessimist that I am, I've already resigned myself to the fact that we aren't having baseball this year. Hopefully it won't sting as much if that actually turns out to be the case.
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Rossko said:

Still get sports tears.
Amazing moment!

I still remember where I was.

I also can't believe we didn't pick Robinson cano when we traded A-rod to the yankees.
Proposition Joe
Was thinking about this today. I'd bet if we get a shortened season, that it starts on the same day of the week as originally planed and the first few opening series' for each team gets played before the schedule is re-structured/shortened.

That alleviates the issue of "Opening Day" not being Opening Day anymore since that is the biggest can of worms that a schedule change would have to deal with.
Rossko
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Was thinking about this today. I'd bet if we get a shortened season, that it starts on the same day of the week as originally planed and the first few opening series' for each team gets played before the schedule is re-structured/shortened.

That alleviates the issue of "Opening Day" not being Opening Day anymore since that is the biggest can of worms that a schedule change would have to deal with.
When baseball comes back it will be in empty stadiums first.
Proposition Joe
Not sure i agree. I cant say if/when it will return, but baseball is going to need 30 days of "spring" training to ramp up. So if its safe enough to start training, then 30 days post that one would assume its ready for full public consumption.

Again, thats if we even get to that point.
AgBQ-00
AG

They have a twitter thread going for people to request pictures from different places in the park.
AgBQ-00
AG
today's BLAST from the past... Walk Off Big Fly

Schall 02
AG
Joy.
investorAg83
AG
That ball landed 4 or 5 rows directly in front of me.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had frankly kind of forgotten that Michael Young was on the WS teams. What role was he playing in 2011?
investorAg83
AG
DH and filling random off days in the infield.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I had frankly kind of forgotten that Michael Young was on the WS teams. What role was he playing in 2011?

Really? He was the leader of those teams. Split time all season between mainly 3B, 1B, and DH.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, now I remember the fit he threw between the 10 & 11 seasons.

Frankly, I was never the biggest MY fan. Maybe that's why I forgot him.
Proposition Joe
I can still picture every half-second late dive at 3rd base.
Trucker 96
If I recall, MY made 2 errors that led to 2 runs in game 6. Had a good regular season but he was a liability with NL rules
Grapesoda2525
How many K's would odor have racked up today?
TDub
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah, now I remember the fit he threw between the 10 & 11 seasons.

Frankly, I was never the biggest MY fan. Maybe that's why I forgot him.

Because he got screwed over by JD
toucan82
Happy Opening Day to all of you
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think maybe in honor of opening day I'm going to hook up the old Sega Genesis and play some Sports Talk Baseball. A few hours with the 91 Rangers will make the pain go away.
J.P. 03
AG
Any updates on what the new park's nickname is going to be? I feel like we need to decide soon before people just default to "the gilf," which would obviously be...suboptimal.
Disco Stu
AG
Outside of the Delucci walk off hit against the A's, this game was one of the best Rangers' wins that I have ever witnessed in person.
Rossko
AG
Disco Stu said:

Outside of the Delucci walk off hit against the A's, this game was one of the best Rangers' wins that I have ever witnessed in person.
2011 WS GM 4 for me. Holland crafted a work of art.
AgBQ-00
AG

The final three outs of Kenny Rogers' Perfect game. 1994...if I am not mistaken it also marks the Rangers' last no-no. I can remember watching on TV.

ETA...Mark Holtz was a joy and a pleasure to listen to.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What was the context of that Delucci game? I can't remember. I remember watching it. Was it a down the stretch battling for the division title?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.