***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,357 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just don't get it. The Angels need like 3 SPs. Why would they overpay for a 3B. Whatever
Grapesoda2525
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I guess the next move is Donaldson. Going to be difficult to root for him but I guess I'll try.
We probably won't get Donaldson.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Moreno is a Morono. Crap like this is why they have sucked for so long.
Mr Gigem
AG
Honesty feel bad for Rendon. He's going to get paid, yes. But won't compete for anything for the next 6-7 years
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

Moreno is a Morono. Crap like this is why they have sucked for so long.
He's an idiot ( very rich idiot) who makes moves based on emotion.

Remember when he signed Josh Hamilton and CJ Wilson at the same time? I think he has it out for the rangers.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They were signed a year apart. And then CJ promptly quit baseball to race cars.
Rossko
AG

Wouldn't go 7 for Rendon but will give 4 for an older Donaldson???
Grapesoda2525
I want to know how we got outbid by the angels.

They have pujols 200+ million dollar deal on the books

They signed trout for 12 years at $430 million.

The nationals couldn't really compete for him because they used their money to sign Strasburg

The Yankees weren't after him at all.

This one seemed like we had the biggest need and a big advantage in the process and our front office blew it.

I wish we could get a new ownership group who actually wants to win and who isn't afraid to pay big time players. These guys just want to count coins and watch odor ride around the warning track on his pony.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Why would anyone think the Rangers were in prime position if they arent willing to go more than 5? Surely one would have to expect 6-7 to get this done.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gonna run into trouble selling those more expensive tickets down the road if they dont step up getting talent in here. Milking the taxpayer while playing frugal over 1-2 years is crap if it turns out that way.
gigem1223
TR Sullivan is saying Boras only met with them once and the Rangers were never really serious. Sounds about right. Feed the fan base a bunch of lies just to let us down then sign a bunch of 3rd tier free agents. This team will never win with this ownership and JD. Not a good mix. We can't develop talent and won't fork over the money to sign it. Only way we can get it, is by trade
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

TR Sullivan is saying Boras only met with them once and the Rangers were never really serious. Sounds about right. Feed the fan base a bunch of lies just to let us down then sign a bunch of 3rd tier free agents. This team will never win with this ownership and JD. Not a good mix. We can't develop talent and won't fork over the money to sign it. Only way we can get it, is by trade
This ownership group sucks.

Their biggest achievement to date is the odor extension that has made us the laughing stock of baseball. Let that sink in. We are probably the only team who also won't bench him for some reason either.
AggieDPT
AG
Can't wait for more cheap free agent bull***** That new stadium will feel extra cool with all the empty seats while we battle the Mariners for last place
toucan82
I have a sad
Rossko
AG
I've seen reports of 7/$260 for Rendon...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Rossko said:

I've seen reports of 7/$260 for Rendon...

If that is true, I say let them have him. Not sure how they are going to be able to afford any pitching with the rest of their contracts. I half expect them to be trading Rendon or Trout or both in a couple of years because of the high payroll. Screw the Angles! (Intentional misspelling)
KT 90
AG
So move on to Donaldson or Bryant. Supposedly Arrendo is available via trade too.

Also just ran across this, so we're considering 1B options too:

Aggie_3
7 years at $245 are you ****in kidding me and we didn't pay that?!
gigem1223
7/ 245

35 per as expected
AggieDPT
AG
Oh boy CJ Cron! He may sell literally dozens of jerseys
Rossko
AG
Come see the new Ballpark and CJ Cron (if we're facing a LHP)!!!
gigem1223
If we're not gonna spend we may as well trade anyone of value on the roster. Minor, Lynn, Gallo etc. Let's make this a true rebuild.

**** this ownership
Mr Gigem
AG
****ing bull***** Ownership just does not have the cutthroat mentality that it takes to compete. Whatever. I'm out of here after May probably
Grapesoda2525
It's the same ***** Different year.

the last few trade deadlines we expected lots of movement and got nothing.

they literally are in a bind and have no clue on how to get out of it. The Astros rebuild has their heads spinning. The rest of MLB is trying to copy their tanking model. Nobody wants to trade prospects at a time when we are trying to acquire prospects.

we pretty much sat out the last 2 winter meetings. They were very slow with not much activity. I'm guessing the rangers assumed that the winter meetings this year would be slow and rendon would accept a deal on the cheap.

the rangers turned tail and ran when other teams started throwing out big money.

There are no more Teixeira trades to be made any longer, and no more Josh Hamiltons to stumble across. That means no more WS trips with these owners and this GM. They just don't have what it takes.

One pitch away and now nothing ever again as long as these bozos are in charge.

We have what is close to book end gut punches for this decade. A new beautiful stadium and these guys don't do ***** Unbelievable.

AggieDPT
AG
Technically this means Rendon still opens the ballpark....just as a visitor
Grapesoda2525
AggieDPT said:

Technically this means Rendon still opens the ballpark....just as a visitor
I bet he's the first one to hit a home run in it.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
So the Rangers offered 6 for just under $200M? Screw this. Almost 50M less. The Rangers aren't serious and this sucks!
Grapesoda2525
MLB network is questioning the Rangers intent. New ballpark etc and the Rangers have no Plan B. I don't believe the owners and JD have a plan.

This is ****ing ugly now.

We might as well give odor an extension tonight. Give it to him now. Owners probably want to see that pony until it's last dying breath.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I welcome all to the hate JD club
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
They'll probably make up for it by overpaying Donaldson who will get hurt by June and never play again a la Prince Fielder. We're going nowhere fast.

I gotta say, I thought DallasAg was being a drama queen a few days ago but I think we are all beginning to realize the truth.
gigem1223
Levi Weaver is saying the rangers offer was in the same stratosphere as the angels, looks to be 32.5-33 per, but possibly only 6 years. After state income taxes, the Rangers is actually better, so guess the hang up was 6 v 7?
AggieDPT
AG
I'm excited for his 1000 word reply when he wakes up in the morning
Grapesoda2525
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

They'll probably make up for it by overpaying Donaldson who will get hurt by June and never play again a la Prince Fielder. We're going nowhere fast.

I gotta say, I thought DallasAg was being a drama queen a few days ago but I think we are all beginning to realize the truth.
We won't even get Donaldson.

Dodgers, nationals, and Braves are in on him. Much much better choices for him.

I don't feel bad for believing in our ownership group. It's all we could do. Dallasag was right tho and we are probably going to be in the wilderness for a very long time. Rendon would've made us relevant quicker, but oh well.
Grapesoda2525
Simpson and Davis belong in prison for all of the empty promises and downright lies they've fed the fanbase and subsequent tax dollars they flat out stole from everyone for their shiny new stadium.

I would love to put the blame for this squarely at JD's feet, but I refuse to believe that had ownership given him the freedom to bid competitively and actually spend that he would refuse to give more than 5 years and let the Angels win.

In DFW, we've got the worst ownership in sports. A meddling egomaniac who refuses to let someone knowledgeable run the team, a lecherous sleazeball who is more concerned with clubbing and drinking with celebs than building a winner, a short-tempered child who lives thousands of miles away who has his underlings bully his players, and these two old miserly thieves who bought the team with the sole purpose of lining their pockets at the expense of the fan base.
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.