***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,227 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is my pleasure. I enjoy taking a moment each morning and thinking of past Rangers and finding highlights
AgBQ-00
AG
That second pic looks amazing. Can't wait to actually see a game there. hoping it is this year
Trucker 96
Hicks was pissed they gave him $24 mill for 2 years and got 2 injury riddled, mostly useless years from him. So years later he called out how it was a bad move to pay an aging steroid guy. And Juan-do love always paled vs the Pudge love. Pudge embraced the US and the language and the fans loved him for it. Juan didn't and by retirement I think he was in full "****em" mode
DeangeloVickers
AG
Josh Hamilton. Ugh
AgBQ-00
AG
This one is pretty long. 30 min highlight video from the 86 season. These players provide my earliest memories of Ranger baseball. My best friend was chosen to throw out the first pitch for one of the games. He got everyone's autographs on a baseball for me. Earlier that year I had gotten my first ever autograph from Geno Petralli at a player appearance at Stacy Furniture when they were in an old barn of some sort in Southlake. I apologize for the length, but it was really fun seeing this for me.

Baby Billy
AG
Hamilton looking at 2-10 for throwing a water bottle at his daughter and spanking her? Sounds like he is getting screwed over
wbt5845
AG
I spent a long time looking forward to the day when I could not care less about Hamilton's legal problems.

That day's today.
TXAggie2011
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Hamilton looking at 2-10 for throwing a water bottle at his daughter and spanking her? Sounds like he is getting screwed over
What I've read in a couple of stories was he allegedly threw the water bottle at her chest full overhand like he was trying to nail a runner at home from the outfield.

And then a chair was thrown and broken and somehow she ended on the floor, and then face down into her bed mattress. What I've read doesn't sound like he was just spanking her.

If true, he sounds like he came unhinged.
wbt5845
AG
Wish he'd been so passionate about fly balls in Oakland.
Trucker 96
yeah, the allegation is this:

1) She said something that pissed him off
2) He overhand throws a largely (if not entirely) full water bottle at her, hitting her square in the chest
3) He yanks her chair out from under her, she hits the ground and he smashes the chair.
4) Puts her over his shoulder and takes her to her room
5) Throws her on her bed, face down. Pushes her face into her mattress while hitting her butt and legs, with a mix of both closed fist and open hand.

If true, that's losing your **** . I don't know if it's 2-10 worthy, but that isn't your run-of-the-mill parental discipline. And I speak as a guy that got the belt as a kid and didn't see anything wrong with it.
Proposition Joe
Yeah, "the belt" as discipline for most was a controlled disciplined event.

This seems more like him flying off the handle.
Schall 02
AG
Josh is bipolar. His initial treatment plan was crack, then religion, then - at least when this allegedly occurred- probably nothing. It's horrible for anyone to hurt a child. The help Josh needs is medical/mental.

I hope he has an attorney that will tell him that and that he will listen to.
Proposition Joe
I think calling Josh bipolar is a discredit to those who really suffer from it.

It's more likely Josh has significant anger issues and doesn't make smart/good choices.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Ie suffers from the dumbs and a fried brain
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

On a lighter note... MLBTR had a great article on the Halos getting Mike Trout.
so are you going to post it for us, or make us run it down ourselves?

Here is a quick story on Solak and his girlfriend building a mini baseball field in their backyard:

https://www.mlb.com/news/nick-solak-builds-field-in-back-yard

DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
Hamilton's big mistake was leaving for the angels.

The rangers had a support system in place that actually worked for him and his family.

Without that support system, the player on the field and the man off it crumbled.

Sad story.
AgBQ-00
AG
This is true. But to be fair he was starting to implode towards the end here too.
DallasAg 94
Schall 02
AG
Self medicating.
Proposition Joe
Yeah I don't think taking shots off of girls' stomachs and having fun in the bathroom was really considered "working for his family".

He's a child that never really grew up. Surprised it doesn't happen a lot more in MLB.
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

Yeah I don't think taking shots off of girls' stomachs and having fun in the bathroom was really considered "working for his family".

He's a child that never really grew up. Surprised it doesn't happen a lot more in MLB.
It's hard for some of those ball players to grow up.

People have been sucking up to them and worshipping the ground they walk on since middle school. They barely ever had any accountability in their lives. They're treated differently from regular people.
AgBQ-00
AG
David Hulse goes hunting for Angels

Fenrir
Interesting to see that Busby had an affinity for the word "fisted" back then too.
AgBQ-00
AG
I had that same thought. Which made me think of the 2 hole comment as well.
Schall 02
AG
Might have a chance in that division...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2020/04/10/mlb-realignment-league-considers-radical-move-for-2020-season/5128935002/
Dallasag02
AG
If they play exclusively in Arizona, get ready for an entire season of 9:00 p.m. games as the temperatures climb into the 110's in July and August. Ugh.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'll be glad to rent the new stadium for my kids to play MLB the Show on jumbo tron if that's available
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Dallasag02 said:

If they play exclusively in Arizona, get ready for an entire season of 9:00 p.m. games as the temperatures climb into the 110's in July and August. Ugh.
Well at least if that happens it will be during a time where I likely don't have to get up as early to drive to work.

And they're not pacific time right? Maybe it won't be quite so late here?
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm wondering if they might shift that some for that reason. We're annoying by a 9 PM game. You know the east coast teams are going to be annoyed by it. I could see them shifting the time up to something earlier than 7. It's not like you're going to have great viewership for a lot of these games already since more than usual will be played in the middle of the day.
Dallasag02
AG
Ranger #007 said:

I'm wondering if they might shift that some for that reason. We're annoying by a 9 PM game. You know the east coast teams are going to be annoyed by it. I could see them shifting the time up to something earlier than 7. It's not like you're going to have great viewership for a lot of these games already since more than usual will be played in the middle of the day.

The only problem with that will be the heat. They will melt with 5 or 6 o'clock start times. It'll make a sunday 1:00 at globe life park seem like a nice spring day.
AgBQ-00
AG
Dallasag02 said:

Ranger #007 said:

The only problem with that will be the heat. They will melt with 5 or 6 o'clock start times. It'll make a sunday 1:00 at globe life park seem like a nice spring day.
But it's a DRY HEAT!!!
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.