***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,708 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
bigcat22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

So give JD one more year then luhnow becomes available to hire?

No...just, no...
wbt5845
AG
I can't wait for the Astros to come visit GLF. The signs should be awesome.
Grapesoda2525
CrawlingNo5 said:

So give JD one more year then luhnow becomes available to hire?
Are you an astros troll?

Luhnow will never be respected again. The man is tainted. Any success he has going forward will and should be highly highly scrutinized by MLB.

He's a dirty low down skunk who has no ethics and no morals.

They should've kept the name of their ballpark as "Enron field". Bunch of good for nothing crooks.
CrawlingNo5
AG
Whatever, clutch your pearls. I just look at that team he built. Not too shabby.
bigcat22
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

Whatever, clutch your pearls. I just look at that team he built. Not too shabby.

Plenty of GMs are capable of putting together championship level teams without cheating or purposely being historically bad for several years to get draft picks.
Grapesoda2525
CrawlingNo5 said:

If you want luhnow to come in and have the following happen

1) watch the team be so bad for 5 years in a row that we lose 110+ games and the tv networks don't show our games anymore.

2) establish a reputation for playing hardball with our own players during salary negotiations and not minding going to arbitration ( that's where George springer is headed).

3) be known for ripping the other team off in trades repeatedly.

4) signing players with an extensive history of abusing women ( Osuna and Miley)

Then go right ahead.

I will say that I think the rangers organization game day atmosphere is a little too " Walt Disney" for my tastes, but at least this organization has class and respect for the integrity of the game.

Luhnow would send his family to Syria indefinitely if it meant his team would get 3 championships in a row.
Seven Costanza
AG
Kind of funny. After Ronald Guzman let a foul ball go uncaught in order to allow Mike Minor a chance to get his 200th K, Alex Cora said "we play the game the right way."

After Cora's cheating was exposed and he was fired yesterday, Minor tweeted "But he plays the game the right way".
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Here's the tweet. Seems like it's always the cheaters going on and on about playing the game "the right way".
hawk1689
AG
"I refuse to leave college football in the hands of the Jackie Sherrill's and Barry Switzer's of the world"
-Joe Paterno
SbisaVictim95
AG
wbt5845 said:

I can't wait for the Astros to come visit GLF. The signs should be awesome.

Need Zonk back to bang on his drum during their half-inning
Mr. White
The banging sounds will be deafening during the top of the first of the first Astros game at GLP. The fans will find a way.
BryanAggie2013
AG
94chem
Ranger #007 said:

Here's the tweet. Seems like it's always the cheaters going on and on about playing the game "the right way".

Nice. A verbal earholing by Minor.
EastSideAg2002
Mr. White said:

The banging sounds will be deafening during the top of the first of the first Astros game at GLP. The fans will find a way.
Please pass out bobblehead trash cans
South Platte
Seven Costanza said:

Kind of funny. After Ronald Guzman let a foul ball go uncaught in order to allow Mike Minor a chance to get his 200th K, Alex Cora said "we play the game the right way."

After Cora's cheating was exposed and he was fired yesterday, Minor tweeted "But he plays the game the right way".
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I live in Houston so naturally I have a lot of brand new life long Astros fans on my feed. The number that think the issue is just that they stole signs is astounding. Of course these same people want the Astros to hire Jeff Bagwell as the manager and Craig Biggio as the GM.
Mr Gigem
AG
GrapevineAg
AG
wow! If true that's awful.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Astros thread already has a tweet reporting the Beltran's say she is no relation to them. No denial of her info but she's not his niece.
DannyDuberstein
AG
There were already rumors of them wearing some sort of buzzer device, so this would not be surprising.
Chipotlemonger
AG
"But the road record was better! Wah wah wah. We aren't the only team cheating. It doesn't matter!"

It's so comical.
hawk1689
AG
The tweet looks jumbled. Can someone explain?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You have to click on the pictures. A woman falsely claiming to be Beltran's niece is saying Astros players were wearing buzzers under their jersey so the dugout could communicate pitches. This isn't the first that's been heard about this though.
AggieDPT
AG
Think of how much pressure is on the Astros players to do the same offensively this year. If anyone has any dip in numbers at all, it's going to bring up all kinds of discussion that they were cheating.
hawk1689
AG
I've always wondered how Marwin Gonzalez hit .300!
wbt5845
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

"But the road record was better! Wah wah wah. We aren't the only team cheating. It doesn't matter!"

It's so comical.
And I want to retort - "How else do you explain a dwarf hitting 31 home runs?"
twilly
AG
Ranger #007 said:

You have to click on the pictures. A woman falsely claiming to be Beltran's niece is saying Astros players were wearing buzzers under their jersey so the dugout could communicate pitches. This isn't the first that's been heard about this though.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Would be funnier if it read "when pager buzzes, look for an offspeed pitch."
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Hiring Banny would be hysterical to watch the reaction. Hiring John Gibbons would make them even more hatable than they already are.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They should hire Banny. They'd save a ton by not having to do any analytics and can just use that money to buy cheesy motivational posters for the clubhouse.
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

They should hire Banny. They'd save a ton by not having to do any analytics and can just use that money to buy cheesy motivational posters for the clubhouse.
They'd have a team that " never ever quits" and a sexy volleyball playing daughter at Baylor to oogle.
Proposition Joe
Lord I would love to see Buck Showalter running a team with Alex Bregman on it.
Baby Billy
AG
Well this makes a lot of sense now....

cmiller00
AG
The players got immunity for talking but if they lied will there be suspensions?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
cmiller00 said:

The players got immunity for talking but if they lied will there be suspensions?

IF...I would imagine the no suspensions thing would be off the table. MLB has said they found no evidence of body worn devices though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.