***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,759 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I understand the heat issue. I tried earlier to see what time things started to cool off there and couldn't find anything. I just wonder if they could manage it for an hour if things were starting to tail off temperature wise. I guess that's one of those we'll just have to wait to see on.
TXAggie2011
AG
Triple headers all day long, every day in Chase Field would allow teams to rotate through the A/C
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My biggest concern with all this is that the Yankees and they're ilk get the playoff treatment all year long and have the lions share of evening games.
wbt5845
AG
15 teams in AZ - 7 games per day. Triple header at Chase Field. Two morning games - two night games.
Grapesoda2525
Schall 02 said:

Might have a chance in that division...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2020/04/10/mlb-realignment-league-considers-radical-move-for-2020-season/5128935002/
Hopefully I'm not the only ranger fan who loves those divisions.

I'd like to see that season happen.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So is there a way to stream Korean baseball? I'd love to be able to get some kind of live sports on the tv. Hell, I'm watching what happens with Australian rugby to see if they get something going I can watch.
bigcat22
AG
I love this, I think Snell was really pissed Gallo bunted

https://instagr.am/p/B-2A0AJHaep
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Am I the only one that thinks Snell is the most annoying sounding human being on the planet?
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
MLB.com article on future closers for the AL West. Evans gets the nod for the Rangers:

Quote:

Rangers: RHP Demarcus Evans

Evans was impressive in his first big league camp, throwing four scoreless innings, allowing two hits and two walks, and striking out five. He was even given credit for two saves, further evidence the Rangers see him as a future closer. Evans, who stands 6-foot-4, throws 93-96 miles per hour with excellent vertical movement on his slider and a swing-and-miss curveball. He still has some control issues, allowing 5.85 walks per nine innings last season between Class A Advanced Down East and Double-A Frisco. But he also struck out 15 batters per nine innings while allowing just 3.45 hits alongside a 0.90 ERA and a 1.03 WHIP. Evans could use more time in the Minor Leagues to work on his control, but the Rangers clearly see him at the back end of their bullpen in the future. -- TR Sullivan
KT 90
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Snell is the most annoying sounding human being on the planet?

Wouldn't mind it at all if he was pitching for the Rangers

Quincey P. Morris
AG
There's a lot of things I can deal with if a guy is playing well for my team....
KT 90
AG
Interesting read on MLB pitchers and velocity and injuries.

link: https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/new-york-mets-noah-syndergaard-tommy-john?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI%20Extra%20Personalization%20041020&utm_term=SI%20Extra%20-%20USE%20THIS%20-%20List

Quote:

Over the past five years, 18 starting pitchers have averaged 96.5 mph or more with their fastball in a season (some multiple times). Eleven of those 18 have had Tommy John surgery, or 61%. The overall Tommy John rate among MLB pitchers is about 25%.

DallasAg 94
PatAg
AG
I'm all for these players streaming and doing things to get their personalities out there. MLB is HORRIBLE at marketing their players.
AgBQ-00
AG
Floating butterflies are very Charlie Hough

Quincey P. Morris
AG
ESPN has Nolan's 6th No-Hitter on demand on ESPN+.
TDub
AG

Have a hard time picking between 2 or 3
Schall 02
AG
I'm pretty high on #5.
_lefraud_
AG
Guess we're going to pretend Hamilton wasn't ever a part of the organization.

Each house has a player I dislike, but I kind of like #1. There's also zero doubt that I'd burn #2 to the ground first.
sburg2007
House 3 because party at napoli's alone.
DallasAg 94
TDub
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Each house has a player I dislike, but I kind of like #1. There's also zero doubt that I'd burn #2 to the ground first.

That's a little harsh
94chem
1 and 4 both have 2 HOF (including Palmeiro). But I'll take 6. Lotta winning in that group. Most of you guys don't understand how good Sundberg was. Too spoiled by Pudge.
94chem
_lefraud_ said:

No Buddy Bell, Al Oliver, Julio Franco, Mickey Rivers, Toby Harrah, Tim Henke, Fergie Jenkins, Jeff Burroughs...
AgBQ-00
AG
One of two jerseys I own. Though it may be a little small for me now

ChipFTAC01
AG
I remember that home run but man, I had completely forgotten that Hank Blalock was ever an AS
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Was that the first year of the stupid All-Star Game decides the WS home field advantage deal? I noticed the wall says "this time it counts"
AgBQ-00
AG
Yep. Was the first year after the tie
investorAg83
AG
94chem said:

1 and 4 both have 2 HOF (including Palmeiro). But I'll take 6. Lotta winning in that group. Most of you guys don't understand how good Sundberg was. Too spoiled by Pudge.

6 was an easy decision for me. Sundberg was around the club for a long time and has to have some crazy stories. Kenny Rogers always had a great personality. Greer was one of my faves; curious to hear his opinion on the club at the time. Gallo would be fun to play MLB the show against on the reg.

And Nellie can sit his ass by the back door. When he knocks on the window and asks why, I'll just write 'game 6...' on a piece of paper, tape it to the glass and flip him the bird as I walk away with a bourbon at my lips.
AgBQ-00
AG
Will Clark powers one to the bull pen

Grapesoda2525
AgBQ-00 said:

One of two jerseys I own. Though it may be a little small for me now

Sadly, the main thing I remember about this is that teams were playing to win the ASG because of home field advantage in the World Series.

Blalock just helped the Yankees get a World Series.
AggieDPT
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Will Clark powers one to the bull pen

Still probably my favorite swing of all time
AgBQ-00
AG
I know how y'all love Tom Grieve. But this story makes me laugh.

Seven Costanza
AG
Here's some more:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.