***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,731 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TwoTimeAg said:

Any hopes for Rangers/A&M caps returning this year?
I did get confirmation last week that there will be an A&M night this season
MSFC Aggie
AG

Another LH bat?
investorAg83
AG
TwoTimeAg said:

Yes. The licensing was renewed and the rangers are the first metro team to have an Aggie night. We're doing one for the mavs soon but it's not 'official'.
DFWag84
Grapesoda2525 said:

AccidentProne said:

Rossko said:

Will there be 10 game plans with Opening Day included this year?
Negative. Smallest ticket plan will be a 20 game plan.

With 9,000 less seats and the increased demand in full and half season plans, we are not projecting that we'll have the inventory for 10 game plans
Will single game tickets still be " easy to get"?

How much more expensive, compared to the globe, will it be to sit in the lower first deck? As in 1st and 3rd base line.

It will be much like the Astros. Tickets will be easy to get, but from the Rangers they are going to be dynamically priced and the face value low between the bases is a "corporate" pricing structure, so the common folk's best bet for those games will be the secondary market anyways.
Grapesoda2525
DFWag84 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

AccidentProne said:

Rossko said:

Will there be 10 game plans with Opening Day included this year?
Negative. Smallest ticket plan will be a 20 game plan.

With 9,000 less seats and the increased demand in full and half season plans, we are not projecting that we'll have the inventory for 10 game plans
Will single game tickets still be " easy to get"?

How much more expensive, compared to the globe, will it be to sit in the lower first deck? As in 1st and 3rd base line.

It will be much like the Astros. Tickets will be easy to get, but from the Rangers they are going to be dynamically priced and the face value low between the bases is a "corporate" pricing structure, so the common folk's best bet for those games will be the secondary market anyways.
I'm guessing kind of like mavs tickets where you pay a value 1.5x higher than face value on the ticket.
TwoTimeAg
AG
investorAg83 said:

TwoTimeAg said:

Yes. The licensing was renewed and the rangers are the first metro team to have an Aggie night. We're doing one for the mavs soon but it's not 'official'.
Thanks for the update. Hope the Stars get back in the loop as well, I get lots of questions on where did I get my Stars hat with A&M on it.
investorAg83
AG
Next season. Stars and mavs started their seasons before the licensing agreement.
Baby Billy
AG
This thread sucks. Can we make a DallasAg stats thread?
DallasAg 94
Jimtim1216
S
Jimtim1216
S
Well, never mind...
AggieDPT
AG
Angels gonna have to win each game 13-11
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

ehrmantraut said:

This thread sucks. Can we make a DallasAg stats thread?
35% of the Rangers posters on here don't like stats about baseball.

100% of the Rangers posters on here like AccidentProne.

Grape and I will disagree 95% of the time, about player productivity and 50% of the time it will be about Odor.

So accurate
DallasAg 94
toucan82
Quote:

Grape and I will disagree 95% of the time, about player productivity and 50% of the time it will be about Odor.

Can't wait
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Ross Stripling included in the Joc Pederson deal from LA to LA. Not going to enjoy rooting against him.
Schall 02
AG
So I've been to 23 straight Opening Days (est. 1997). Always managed a ticket somehow with my same high school buddy. Some years that has been mini-plans, some years secondary market. In the early years, we camped out at TBIA the night before tickets went on sale (even made the front page of The Dallas Morning News once doing so).

Demand has changed a lot since 1997, and now the stadium is smaller. I'm not afraid that I won't make it, but my pragmatic side has me questioning how much this is gonna set me back. (Flights to town are free with points.)

So what say ye, Rangers board? How much coin must I drop?

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
$185 per ticket. Just saying that because the cheapest ticket on StubHub is $188.

I wanted to go to Opening Day this year (I've never been on Opening Day) but can't justify the prices. Especially if I was going to spring my kid from school to go.
Aggie_3
They'll come down a little before then but this is one opening day I'm not missing
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Hunter Pence back to SF.
PatAg
AG
I'm going to wait to go to my first game when the temperature is in the upper 90s and sunny/daytime.
Fully appreciate it.
Grapesoda2525
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Hunter Pence back to SF.
At least he didn't go to the hated Astros.
Danny Vermin
He gave them the Heisman. He knows that place will be a dumpster fire .
Schall 02
AG
AccidentProne, are the Rangers gonna do a ticket lottery for opening day again this year that you can enter online?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
The Pederson/Stripling trade to the Angels fell through.
Mr Gigem
AG
Schall 02 said:

AccidentProne, are the Rangers gonna do a ticket lottery for opening day again this year that you can enter online?

That's still TBD.
Baby Billy
AG
Free flights and $200/ticket? You're all in for about $500-700 after hotel depending on how long you stay.

I'm not letting $500 stop a streak like that if it were me.
Schall 02
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Free flights and $200/ticket? You're all in for about $500-700 after hotel depending on how long you stay.

I'm not letting $500 stop a streak like that if it were me.

It's a valid point, especially considering I can stay with my folks. But it's almost as if I feel my connection to the team fraying. Maybe it's the new stadium or me just hitting middle age or getting plenty of baseball in Colorado.

Talk me off the ledge.
GrapevineAg
AG
I guess it comes down to what else you would do with that money that might be a higher priority for you. I can totally understand how watching baseball in CO would have way more appeal than baseball on fake grass in a convertible stadium. I'm going to give the new place a few games before I make up my mind, but I'm not very excited about it. Coors Field is one of my favorite ballparks.

Just my $.02, YMMV.
Schall 02
AG
The cost matters, sure, but I agree you don't break a 23-year streak for a couple hundred bucks. What might make me break it, however, is the time cost of being away.
AgBQ-00
AG
Big milestone for offseason today. pitchers and Catchers report today!
sburg2007
AP,

Any idea when chuck is announcing promotions schedule?
Mr Gigem
AG
sburg2007 said:

AP,

Any idea when chuck is announcing promotions schedule?
I believe it will be announced after single game tickets go on sale on 2/28
BryanAggie2013
AG

Wahoo! Baseball is close, folks!
Mr Gigem
AG
A&M Night is June 13th

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.