***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,717 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Legal Custodian said:

I don't understand how this hasn't become more of a local story. I figured the DMN would be all over this, do people really just not care?

Engel wrote an article about it, but he's been so critical of every franchise that it just kinda gets lost in the noise.
Mr Gigem
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I don't understand how this hasn't become more of a local story. I figured the DMN would be all over this, do people really just not care?
Fear tactics
Schall 02
AG
MLB, and especially the Rangers, have done themselves so much harm during the pandemic. It's hard to imagine giving them much of any money in the future.
gomerschlep
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Legal Custodian said:

Engel wrote an article about it, but he's been so critical of every franchise that it just kinda gets lost in the noise.
This is what happens when you build a career writing nothing but clickbait, trolling garbage. The guys is an absolute joke. There's a reason nobody listens to him.
KT 90
AG
Initial roster projection. Remember we start the season with 30 on the roster, so bullpens will be loaded up.

https://www.lonestarball.com/2020/7/8/21317213/2020-texas-rangers-opening-day-roster-guess

PatAg
AG

Ignore the message, no need to start a debate.

This picture looks NICE
sburg2007
Looking out the window towards the temple.
wbt5845
AG
Stadium looks incredible. Ignore the haters.
J.P. 03
AG
Looks like they're only allowing advertisers on the outfield walls to use green and white instead of whatever colors they want. That would certainly be a welcome change from the last place.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The A's are wearing Mike Fiers masks.

Dallasag02
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Looks like they're only allowing advertisers on the outfield walls to use green and white instead of whatever colors they want. That would certainly be a welcome change from the last place.

The old place started that way too. With this ownership group, I expect it to look like Times Square within 3 years.
AgBQ-00
AG
Anyone gonna do the doppleranger?
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
TV Casualty
AG
Just realized that the doppelganger thing was for charity so my post was stupid. For charity I say go ahead and do it if ya want.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Anyone gonna do the doppleranger?
I'm considering it. Sounds like it's all going to charity so why not?
sburg2007
Will they send me a ball if it hits me?
AgBQ-00
AG
That would be awesome!
sburg2007
I thought I read another org was doing it
Quincey P. Morris
AG
sburg2007 said:

I thought I read another org was doing it

That's what the A's are doing if I remember right.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
What is this doppleranger?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You pay $50 and upload a picture of yourself and they make a life sized cutout and put it in on the seats from first to third behind the plate for the season.

Some orgs are also doing a deal where if a foul ball hits your cutout they're going to box it up and send it to you.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Does my $300 they still have count?
Aggie_3
So serious question how much will tickets cost if we do get to sit in the stands and watch?
Farmer1906
AG

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/13/texas-rangers-team-name-must-go/
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Sweet, another "Texan" who moved to a liberal bastion and now feels they need to lecture inhabitants of their former home. Hard pass.
AgBQ-00
AG
Seems she did not read the team's response to this nonsense a couple of weeks ago. They did a good job of nicely telling this agenda to eff off.
_lefraud_
AG
Umm...has anyone drank Coke-Cola mixed with beer?
AgBQ-00
AG
Saw the story below. Seems the players are learning the quirks of the new field. Good reviews of the playing surface but limited number of comments so who knows. Anyone seen anything else about it?

Globe Life impressions
TXAggie2011
AG
I wonder why the wall is so different from other ballparks

Quote:

The outfield will be more of an issue, especially during day games with the roof closed. The roof is dark, and there is a lot of natural light coming through the enormous side windows.

"There are some issues out there for sure," said Rangers manager Chris Woodward. "It's not just the roof, but the side wall -- it goes light, dark, light, dark, back and forth. It's really tough on our outfielders, so for them to get the reps is huge for us. We need to continue to work on it.

"The angles of the fence are something I don't think we were anticipating when we first saw the designs of the stadium. There are a lot of little ones you can't see with the naked eye that, when it hits off, it shoots in a completely different direction. And it comes off the padding a lot harder than in other stadiums, so there is going to be some potential for easy triples or inside-the-park home runs."
J.P. 03
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

I wonder why the wall is so different from other ballparks

Not sure if this made it into the final design, but at one point I thought the team released a bunch of random, we're-trying-way-too-hard-to-create-history-for-a-park-that-has-none dates and milestones they were going to "honor" with the distance of the wall from home plate. Wouldn't shock me if they ended up building all of them, resulting in an outfield wall that juts in and out all over the place without regard for how it would actually play.
PatAg
AG
We won't know how the ground actually is to play on for these guys until about halfway through the season.
_lefraud_
AG
The walls were clearly designed (and made) for the acoustics during concerts.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
MLB.com has the Rangers rotation ranked 7th in MLB ahead of NYM, HOU, and StL.

What is everyone's thoughts? We have to get the same kind of production out of Lynn and Minor as last year. Kluber has to be healthy and rested, Lyles and Gibson have to be serviceable. If the Rangers actually put together a Top 10 rotation I'll be pretty excited.

As an aside, can anyone see teams with less SP depth possibly going to a 4 man rotation. That takes potential starts from 12 to 15. Four days rest would be tough. What about a 4.5 man rotation?

This is certainly going to be an interesting year.
investorAg83
AG
The way they're squeezing games in I think it will be incredibly difficult for anyone to go to a 4 man.
KT 90
AG
I've seen some writers mention the possibility of a 4 man rotation, with the shortened season. You can use off-days and an occasional bullpen day to keep your starters on 4 days of rest for the most part.

Mr Gigem
AG
a fun press release will be coming out at some point today

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.