***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,315 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you've not listened to The Dollop tell the story of 10-cent beer night, you need too.

AgBQ-00
AG
That had to be a complete fiasco to see in person.
AgBQ-00
AG
Rusty Greer walks off the second game of Rangers' first interleague series

mAgnoliAg
AG
What is the refund policy? I had tickets to two games last weekend and I haven't heard anything and there's no updates on the rangers website since the original one mid March
Proposition Joe
I imagine if you contact them they will refund you.

As a whole, they are going to hold the money as long as some type of a 2020 season is still possible.
wbt5845
AG
Yeah, they have my half season ticket money (seats and parking). Only thing refunded so far was the cancelled pre-season game (total of about $2600 - I don't have top end seats). AP told me it would be credited towards whatever is played this season and then towards next year, unless I really need a refund.

But since this year is still in play, I get no money back until there's a plan. The tickets are for Games #1 through #81. It is still unkonown if the season will start with Game #1 - or Game # whenever it starts - or whether it'll all be thrown out and reshuffled.

Quincey P. Morris
AG

Got this card in the mail today for my Rangers card display. I forgot Gossage had pitched for the Rangers.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I met a guy who was the bat boy during that era...I think he was a junior in high school and even traveled with the team some....
He gave me some amazing stories...he said Nolan Ryan had his own area in the locker room and everyone stayed away. He said one day after a blown save by Gossage, Nolan came over to tell him his thoughts and Gossage stood up cursed him out....said it got super quiet and everyone thought they were gonna fight...then they started busting out laughing....said they were friends the rest of the year

One of the bat boys primary job was getting notes to girls in the stands from Ruben Sierra and Palmeiro
Proposition Joe
wbt5845 said:

Yeah, they have my half season ticket money (seats and parking). Only thing refunded so far was the cancelled pre-season game (total of about $2600 - I don't have top end seats). AP told me it would be credited towards whatever is played this season and then towards next year, unless I really need a refund.

But since this year is still in play, I get no money back until there's a plan. The tickets are for Games #1 through #81. It is still unkonown if the season will start with Game #1 - or Game # whenever it starts - or whether it'll all be thrown out and reshuffled.

IF they play, they ultimately have to start with Game #1 as financially they can't try and tell people their Opening Day tickets are no longer Opening Day.

With a shortened season I could see them crediting back the entire season and at the same time offering half/quarter season plans at a new price that you can use that credit towards.

Hopefully if they try and push people into rolling over to the next season that they offer a significant incentive to do so -- if companies want to hold money for 8-10 months they should compensate people willing to allow it.
investorAg83
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Got this card in the mail today for my Rangers card display. I forgot Gossage had pitched for the Rangers.

I forgot too and I actually have that card somewhere.
AgBQ-00
AG
Longest Homers from last July

AgBQ-00
AG
Adrian and Elvis
DallasAg 94
AgBQ-00
AG
Highlights of Elvis stealing bases and causing havoc.

DallasAg 94
AgBQ-00
AG
Absolutely. Fingers crossed we get some form of baseball this summer. I am not holding my breath though
KT 90
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Absolutely. Fingers crossed we get some form of baseball this summer. I am not holding my breath though

Seems like things are trending in the right direction, but it would be a shortened season and might not involve fans in the stands. We will see though, hopefully things keep improving overall.

The "Arizona" plan now seems to be a Arizona-Florida-Texas plan. Haven't read up on the details on that yet, but that sounds better logistically than just a Arizona plan. I think they'll have to find a way for the players to have some family around for this to work, and Arizona only would make that harder to pull off. Adding more locations and stadiums seems like a better idea. If it happens, hopefully that doesn't last too long, and they can eventually play in the team stadiums.

DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Texas would be an interesting option in general. Two climate controlled baseball stadiums. Two NFL stadiums if they can make it work. The Alamodome for some goofy dimension baseball (of course I guess Jerry World and NRG would likely do the same), and then maybe see if they could lay down some old school turf in the dome for fun. Or even go small and have them play at minor league and college parks as well for night games.
DallasAg 94
_lefraud_
AG
They going to remove the TV at Jerry World?
DallasAg 94
Schall 02
AG
I figured it was for indoors + central time zone.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't really think they'd use all those stadiums that I mentioned, but I would think that you could shuttle back and forth between Houston without too much of an issue.

What condition is the old Ballpark in right now? I know they had the XFL in there so I assume there's grass, but can it be in shape for baseball quickly? If you can use that, I assume you'd use those two for sure and maybe house teams in Houston to use Minute Maid and I'd assume the Skeeters park so long as they're not going to have fans. I wouldn't think chartering flights between the two locations would be much of an exposure risk.

Who knows though. I don't envy the people trying to put this together. You know there are going to be a lot of places unhappy with whatever they decide to do.
KT 90
AG
_lefraud_ said:

They going to remove the TV at Jerry World?

Gonna need some sinker ball pitchers or just play it off the big screen.... live ball.

Seriously, no way in hell they are playing at Jerry World.

KT 90
AG
Quote:

What condition is the old Ballpark in right now?

not positive, but didn't they take some seats out to help reconfigure for football? I'm sure they could work around it if they really needed to. I doubt they'd put them back, but could come up with a way to put the old configuration back.

KT 90
AG
Also, nobody mentioned playing in Round Rock or Corpus. Those fields could work, plus the SA minor league field. The college fields would be too short to the fences I would imagine.

Proposition Joe
I don't believe the old ballpark has any dugouts either.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I don't believe the old ballpark has any dugouts either.

Pop-up tents in the stands?
Schall 02
AG
KT 90 said:

Also, nobody mentioned playing in Round Rock or Corpus. Those fields could work, plus the SA minor league field. The college fields would be too short to the fences I would imagine.

More like Frisco. Or Highland Park HS.
wbt5845
AG
The field was regraded for football at TBiA - no baseball there without major rebuild of the field.
AgBQ-00
AG
Back to Back to Back Walk off wins! This was a fun stretch

_lefraud_
AG
Air Hogs Stadium in Grand Prairie would make sense
Rossko
AG
No way Jerry World is used if they go with the Texas plan. There will still be football and you could only use Jerry World for a month or two anyway, not until October/November or whenever they'd need it.
sburg2007
It's impossible at the moment for baseball. Stands and third bad dugout are gone. Concrete poured for bleachers in left field. The entire surface raised threeish feet or more on top of old playing surface. They installed drainage then gravel then sand, and plastic grass. It was amazing they finished it in 3+ months. No way to go back quickly now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.