***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,265 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Highway robbery
KT 90
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Clause suspended 80 games for PEDs.

I mean, who knows WHEN we'll actually get to see the fruits of that trade take the field -- but that Kluber trade that looked really good anyways now looks a whole lot better.

Well no wonder he could bring 100mph heat.

At this point, they can't go back and ask for another player can they? That's only if somebody turns out to have a preexisting injury, and within a certain time frame, I believe anyway.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think the only way they could do that would be if they somehow showed that the Rangers knew of the issue and didn't disclose it.
AgBQ-00
AG
Stumbled across this last week. Thought many here might enjoy it. It is from several years ago when Julio Franco was with the Ft Worth Cats.

AgBQ-00
AG
Interview with Jim Sundberg. Tried finding playing highlights but none were forthcoming that I thought fit the thread Enjoy!

Proposition Joe
AccidentProne -- Rangers getting absolutely blasted on LoneStarBall about seemingly being one of the only teams that has not told season ticket holders they can get a refund. What say you?
DeangeloVickers
AG
We built a stadium....now stadiums are not needed

Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

AccidentProne -- Rangers getting absolutely blasted on LoneStarBall about seemingly being one of the only teams that has not told season ticket holders they can get a refund. What say you?
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I still remember one year the rangers organization had dollar hot dog night on a night where the Yankees were the opponent. They quit selling $1 dollar hot dogs after the first pitch.

I also remember when they made some woman who had a " yankees suck" T shirt go to the bathroom and put it inside out. Instead, she just left.

I love the team and I'll always be a fan, but the people who run our organization have always been way to "Walt Disney" for my liking.

investorAg83
AG
We just built a new park. The money has been spent and they don't have it to refund. Has to be as simple as that.
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I still remember one year the rangers organization had dollar hot dog night on a night where the Yankees were the opponent. They quit selling $1 dollar hot dogs after the first pitch.

I also remember when they made some woman who had a " yankees suck" T shirt go to the bathroom and put it inside out. Instead, she just left.

I love the team and I'll always be a fan, but the people who run our organization have always been way to "Walt Disney" for my liking.

Sounds like that woman was a moron then.
Proposition Joe
investorAg83 said:

We just built a new park. The money has been spent and they don't have it to refund. Has to be as simple as that.

Then you get a business loan. They have plenty of lines of credit.

You don't force your customers to float thousands and thousands of dollars for 14+ months in a pandemic. The other MLB teams have all offered refunds (or bonus incentives to leave your money with them). I would expect Rangers to be no different.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I've got a few hundred dollars out with them. Do I have to call or?
Mr Gigem
AG
All 30 teams operate as their own separate business entity under the MLB umbrella. Just because the Red Sox are offering one thing doesn't mean another team has to offer the same. Also, each team has their own unique situation, and I think the Rangers are the most unique being the only team with a brand new stadium. Ownership has funded $800 million and the city of Arlington has funded $500 million, and now there are zero revenues coming in. That makes it tough to just start offering refunds.

As of right now, there haven't been any games officially canceled (except the exhibition games) so we've made the decision do not offer refunds for any of the regular season games. Obviously that policy could evolve later on when we get more information as to when the season will start, how many games will be played, etc. If games do not get rescheduled, then the value of those games will go back as a credit to the account by default.

Single game tickets can be refunded, but there is incentive to leave that as a credit on the account.
Mr Gigem
AG
Proposition Joe said:

investorAg83 said:

You don't force your customers to float thousands and thousands of dollars for 14+ months in a pandemic. The other MLB teams have all offered refunds (or bonus incentives to leave your money with them). I would expect Rangers to be no different.
This is what the Rangers are doing.
Mr Gigem
AG
The truth is MLB corporate leaked all this information without telling all 30 teams first, so now everyone is scrambling.
Proposition Joe
AccidentProne said:

Proposition Joe said:

investorAg83 said:

This is what the Rangers are doing.
Other teams have offered both options. Refund, or credit + 5-10% bonus.

For now I am assuming Texas is just purposely dragging their feet until an official statement comes because Rangers Opening Day is probably more valuable an Opening Day than any other organization and if there's a way to save it they want to save it. That, an the longer you delay having to offer a refund, the closer to the 2021 renewal date we get so more likely for people to say "just roll it over".

But I have to assume that the organization isn't stupid enough to try and tell season ticket holders they have no refund option and are going to hold their money until 2021. Not only will that absolutely decimate any relationship with season ticket holders, but it also doesn't prevent all of them from simply filing a chargeback with their credit card. You can't force people to pay for a 2020 season if there is no 2020 season.
Mr Gigem
AG
I would bet that we have a determination by mid-June if there will be a season at all in 2020. Best case scenario I see is baseball will be played at some point, but there won't be any fans. At that point, we will likely just decide to go ahead and start renewals and people will just roll their money over to 2021
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
AP - Thanks for the information.

I was very close to purchasing a season ticket plan this season and I'm glad now that I opted not to.

This is a tricky situation to be sure. However, I don't like the idea of the Rangers leaving fans high and dry. At this point, I think it would be best to refund those customers that want their money back. At this point there may not be a 2020 season. I understand the owners have a lot of money (debt) tied up right now but that shouldn't be on the backs of season ticket holders. Ownership took a risk and may have options for funding. Some season ticket holders may be in a bind and need their money back sooner, rather than later, and not an option or bonus for next season. Just my thoughts.

Schall 02
AG
Rockies giving 10% bonus with credit or will give you a refund.

Seems fair. If you need the money you can get it back. To not give that option implies teams are treating fans as nothing more than revenue streams, not people facing real challenges.
Grapesoda2525
I would love new ownership more than anything.

Davis and Simpson kinda suck.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Regardless of the new stadium situation, pretty short-sighted and ignorant to treat local fans that way. And not just any fan, but season ticket buying fans.
Trucker 96
Terrible timing for the organization, but also a huge mistake not to get with the program and offer what the rest of the league is. I assume they are scrambling to do that now.
Proposition Joe
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Terrible timing for the organization, but also a huge mistake not to get with the program and offer what the rest of the league is. I assume they are scrambling to do that now.

Yeah, I think the LoneStarBall article seemed to make the leap that Rangers were saying "no refunds" when it's probably a lot more likely the Rangers are just dragging their feat on deciding on their refund plan.

Yeah the timing sucks financially for the Rangers, but guess what it sucks for the Average Joe a lot more.
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Yeah, I think the LoneStarBall article seemed to make the leap that Rangers were saying "no refunds" when it's probably a lot more likely the Rangers are just dragging their feat on deciding on their refund plan.

Yeah the timing sucks financially for the Rangers, but guess what it sucks for the Average Joe a lot more.
No matter what it comes across as tone deaf as hell.

Families are hurting right now. The option for a refund should unequivocally be on the damn table.
wbt5845
AG
AP

I leave my money where it is, roll it into next season, and don't complain...

...IF...

I get a private tour of the new park before it opens.

Please advise.
wbt5845
AG
Speaking of new turf - I TOLD Y'ALL this new artificial turf was different. But everyone was all "muhhhh grass".

Now Joey Gallo supports what I was telling you.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2020/05/04/as-joey-gallo-expresses-concern-about-deep-center-field-at-rangers-new-ballpark-the-good-news-is-it-likely-wont-matter/

Quote:

Gallo was all raves. He's spent some time standing in his field and had nothing but raves about the synthetic surface. Gallo and other players had concerns after spending two games on the same surface at Arizona's Chase Field last year.

That surface, however, had a softer subsurface and also a spongier "performance pad" beneath the turf. The Rangers installed a firmer subsurface and had the benefit of a new performance pad from Shaw Sports turf.

"It doesn't feel like turf," Gallo said. "It's the best turf I've ever been on. There don't seem to be any lingering side effects. It didn't make my legs sore. There is a huge difference with what we saw last year. That was soft and mushy. A lot of guys had sore legs and backs after playing there. We were a little worried."
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
wbt5845 said:

Speaking of new turf - I TOLD Y'ALL this new artificial turf was different. But everyone was all "muhhhh grass".

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2020/05/04/as-joey-gallo-expresses-concern-about-deep-center-field-at-rangers-new-ballpark-the-good-news-is-it-likely-wont-matter/

Quote:

Gallo was all raves. He's spent some time standing in his field and had nothing but raves about the synthetic surface. Gallo and other players had concerns after spending two games on the same surface at Arizona's Chase Field last year.

That surface, however, had a softer subsurface and also a spongier "performance pad" beneath the turf. The Rangers installed a firmer subsurface and had the benefit of a new performance pad from Shaw Sports turf.

"It doesn't feel like turf," Gallo said. "It's the best turf I've ever been on. There don't seem to be any lingering side effects. It didn't make my legs sore. There is a huge difference with what we saw last year. That was soft and mushy. A lot of guys had sore legs and backs after playing there. We were a little worried."

Glad to get a good report on the playing surface. I've been worried about it and I don't even have to play on it.

I still wish they had muhhh grass, though.
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

Quote:

It's what I've been saying all along
Mr Gigem
AG
Sure
Proposition Joe
What do you bet if they polled each member of the Rangers on how they like the look of the new stadium they will all give a glowing review too
TXAggie2011
AG
They promised the fans, what, a $175 million payroll?

Its rather obnoxious to then come in at $145 million and then tell people they have no money.

They could give very season ticket holder at least $1,000 with that $30 million they promised to spend.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
sburg2007
AccidentProne said:

wbt5845 said:

Quote:

It's what I've been saying all along

Go through the grind of an entire season and get back to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.