***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,285 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is awesome. Those guys call a great game.

Watch "MLB The Show 20: Gary, Keith, and Ron on the call for Mets @ Astros, Game 10" on YouTube
KT 90
AG
Ran across this article, discusses some of the Texas/Arizona/Florida possibilities.

https://www.dallassportsfanatic.com/2020-rangers-baseball-at-globe-life-field-why-its-becoming-a-growing-possibility/

Proposition Joe
sburg2007 said:

It's impossible at the moment for baseball. Stands and third bad dugout are gone. Concrete poured for bleachers in left field. The entire surface raised threeish feet or more on top of old playing surface. They installed drainage then gravel then sand, and plastic grass. It was amazing they finished it in 3+ months. No way to go back quickly now.

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME Baseball.
AgBQ-00
AG
I really think that could be workable.
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
I'd say trying to avoid COViD hotspots and high density urban areas would be why you'd stay way from the NY, LA, and Chi locations
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
You mean argue for the areas that have a small fraction of the cases and deaths vs the LA area? Yes, I could make that argument. They arent going to do this on the west coast or NY, period
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think they're looking for climate controlled so there's not any issues with weather cancellations. I also don't think the AC at either location is likely to be anywhere close to the highest risk to increase transmission. If they're doing this I also don't really see why they would drive versus fly. What's the difference in putting them all together on a bus versus a chartered flight?
sburg2007
DallasAg 94 said:

KT 90 said:

Ran across this article, discusses some of the Texas/Arizona/Florida possibilities.

https://www.dallassportsfanatic.com/2020-rangers-baseball-at-globe-life-field-why-its-becoming-a-growing-possibility/

That is an interesting read, but why would MLB use two stadiums so far apart, other than they are both enclosed.

GLF to MMP is almost 4 hours. I've driven DFW to Hou MANY times. I've done day trips, leaving at 4am and getting home at 9pm. Sure, the 1st 2 or 3 times you forget how terrible it is.

I'd guess Tampa to Miami is equally fun. Article says they are about the same distance apart.

If you plan to use two stadium, then why not use Comisky and Wrigley? They are like 17 mins apart. Sure that is without traffic. Dodgers and Anaheim are 30 mins apart.

Citi Field is 14 mins from Yankee stadium.

I thought the point of using the spring training facilities was to reduce exposure. In Arlington, you rent out the entire hotel and only players, team personnel, and family are on property with the hotel staff. Players stay in their same room for the season or portions of it.

If you are changing hotels where players are in a different room every 6 days, it makes little sense, IMO.

If they needed multiple sites in DFW and GLP and ATT wouldn't work, there is always Frisco's Roughriders AA facility, and don't forget TCU.

I can speak for TCU, and we are not an option. We have cancelled everything on campus for the summer to try and limit exposure. Also, we fraze mowed the baseball field once the season was cancelled, so it will be a while longer before we are ready for play again. However, Clebourne has the indy league team off chisolm trail that is synthetic and a possible option.
investorAg83
AG
It's too bad the light rail from Dallas to Houston isn't completed yet.
AgBQ-00
AG
I wish Dave and CJ would do that for Rangers simulated games.
Schall 02
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I wish Dave and CJ would do that for Rangers simulated games.

Eric Nadel or bust.
AgBQ-00
AG
That would be awesome too.
AgBQ-00
AG
Of all the steroid era players Palmeiro was the one that broke my heart. I guess it was because he seemed like just a dude that was good at baseball and then was uncovered as a liar and cheater. Nonetheless this is a good moment

DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
JRB78
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Of all the steroid era players Palmeiro was the one that broke my heart. I guess it was because he seemed like just a dude that was good at baseball and then was uncovered as a liar and cheater. Nonetheless this is a good moment

I loved watching him play. It seemed he never had a bad at bat. It was one hard hit ball after another. He seemed a natural that would have been almost as great without the steroids.
Schall 02
AG
Would have loved to watch the Mississipp State team with Raffy and Will Clark.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Have you seen the doc that the SEC network did on them?
Schall 02
AG
I have not. Worth watching ?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Absolutely. I think it's called Thunder and Lightning. Despite growing up a Rangers fan, Will Clark was my favorite player as a kid. When we moved to Houston in the fall of 93, the one saving grace I could find as a very unhappy 14 year old was that at least I'd be able to finally watch Clark play in person (against the Astros).

And then he signed with the Rangers in the off-season!

I finally got to see him play at the Ballpark a year or two later and he hit what to my eyes was the hugest home run ever.
investorAg83
AG
Definitely worth watching.
Trucker 96
Raffy's swing looked so smooth and effortless. Ernie Els version of a baseball swing. Would love to know the real story of his roiding. Was it all along in TX helping with the pop in his bat he found in his late 20s (his body never fit the mo of a roider but some don't, especially if you're just using it to help your body get thru a season), something he did as an aging player just trying to get healthy and hang on, or the accidental tainted B12 ****up that has been his story
AgBQ-00
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
Brief highlight of Julio Franco

J.P. 03
AG
Anybody seen any updated GLF construction pics lately? Curious how the finish-out is going.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
It's done

I'll be back in the office on Monday so I can take some pics if you have some specific requests
wbt5845
AG
AccidentProne said:

It's done

I'll be back in the office on Monday so I can take some pics if you have some specific requests
How about pics from my seats?
Mr Gigem
AG
I can do that. Go ahead and shoot me an email about it and I'll reply to that email

Proposition Joe
Clause suspended 80 games for PEDs.

I mean, who knows WHEN we'll actually get to see the fruits of that trade take the field -- but that Kluber trade that looked really good anyways now looks a whole lot better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.