***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,780 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is good news. Wondering how long he will be out
KT 90
AG

Quote:

"He's doing all right," Gallo said. "He couldn't talk, but he was texting and writing on his phone. He's good. He has all those tubes in him and is tired from the medicine. But he was saying, 'Tell Woody I am playing as soon as possible.' That's all he could talk about. He just wants to hit. He is in pretty good spirits."
https://www.mlb.com/news/willie-calhoun-undergoes-surgery-for-fractured-jaw

KT 90
AG
I've been busy lately and not keeping up as much as previous, but I would've guesstimated somewhere in the mid teens at least for the Rangers in the rankings of the minor league systems. Jung, Huff, Apostel, plus several nearly mlb ready starting pitchers at the AAA level (although Burke just went down....).

Quote:

21) Texas Rangers
2019 preseason rank: unranked
2019 midseason rank: 14
Top 100 Prospects: Josh Jung, 3B (No. 55), Sam Huff, C (No. 74)
Top 2020 rookie: Nick Solak, 2B/3B/OF
Jung is an exception, but most of the Rangers' best prospects stand out more for their ceilings than their floors and will need time to develop.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-farm-system-rankings

AgBQ-00
AG
So ready for the season to start.
Rossko
AG
Good article about a possibly BP arm. Just hit 'No Thanks' on the pop up...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/youve-never-heard-of-jonathan-hernandez-but-maybe-you-should-have/
aggiefan09
AG
My brother in law bought a couple of SRO tickets for opening day. Any idea of where the best place to stand will be at the new stadium?
Mr Gigem
AG
left field or centerfield concourse
Rossko
AG
That 3D viewer is interesting and it looks like GLF is the only MLB stadium available to view at the moment. With a quick perusal of locations throughout the park there's a much smaller percentage of seats than the Rangers would care to admit that allow a view of the entire field of play and at least one big screen. If this is accurate I could easily envision fans complaining about their season tickets with less than stellar views.

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/texas-rangers/
AgBQ-00
AG

View for April 3. So ready!
aggiefan09
AG
AccidentProne said:

left field or centerfield concourse

Thanks for the info
TDub
AG
Rossko said:

That 3D viewer is interesting and it looks like GLF is the only MLB stadium available to view at the moment. With a quick perusal of locations throughout the park there's a much smaller percentage of seats than the Rangers would care to admit that allow a view of the entire field of play and at least one big screen. If this is accurate I could easily envision fans complaining about their season tickets with less than stellar views.

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/texas-rangers/

Got my tickets for April 1st. Section 130 row 21. Let's goooooo
PatAg
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

View for April 3. So ready!
I don't know if you noticed, or if you are replying ot the guy who said there is limited viewing everywhere, but you can drag that camera around to see your actual view.
AgBQ-00
AG
Yep. It is awesome. Looking forward to finding my favorite area in the new park
Mr Gigem
AG
There's a BBQ restaurant and sky bar in left field near the foul pole
wbt5845
AG
So even at my seat even with 3rd base in the 200 level, there is a little obstructed view of the deep left field corner. I'm guessing that is the kind of thing they're talking about.
TXAggie2011
AG
Its hard to tell from the renderings just how much of the field you can't see, but a whole bunch of outfield seats can't see portions of the outfield.

Seems like most of the outfield's upper bowl can't see everything. Hard to tell just how much, though. It seems like 201-204 under the third base scoreboard might be missing a lot of left field. Moreso as you move from 201 towards 204.

There are even some in the lower bowl, out in centerfield-ish, that can't see around the batter's eye area.
Schall 02
AG
Um, AP, can you say if discussions are being had about delaying the start if the season?

https://www.lonestarball.com/2020/3/11/21174780/texas-rangers-opening-series-seattle-mariners-coronavirus-covid-19-empty-stadium-moved-arizona?fbclid=IwAR2wY1ELfmIBXbsdFrt7P7WtM6r9l0RN3aeEfRIu1sK0M5vRkh4oSijEfNw
Mr Gigem
AG
As of today, we along with MLB are closely monitoring this situation. As of now, the plan is to open the season and Globe Life Field as planned.
Schall 02
AG
I'm not saying that's optimistic, but just saying the line I am in at Costco is insane.
mavsfan4ever
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Its hard to tell from the renderings just how much of the field you can't see, but a whole bunch of outfield seats can't see portions of the outfield.

Seems like most of the outfield's upper bowl can't see everything. Hard to tell just how much, though. It seems like 201-204 under the third base scoreboard might be missing a lot of left field. Moreso as you move from 201 towards 204.

There are even some in the lower bowl, out in centerfield-ish, that can't see around the batter's eye area.

This is insane.
KT 90
AG

DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
I haven't been able to keep up as much lately, but no real surprises. I think Evans came into camp with an outside shot at a bullpen spot. Taveras needs more time, defensively he'd probably be fine but he has progressed quickly and he typically struggles at the plate after he moves to a new level, then starts to pick it up with the bat. Might as well give Santana a shot in CF.

And yes, it probably speaks well to the other rotation options that they aren't rushing Allard. If anyone goes down, he'd probably be next man up. Brock is out injured and I believe Hearn is now a reliever.
Legal Custodian
AG
Rangers opening series at Seattle is being moved to possibly Arizona
wbt5845
AG
Mariners looking at using their spring training facility in Peoria. Might make a mighty fine day trip! $157 RT same day round trip!
CampingAg
AG
Opening Day at GLF is going to be played in an empty stadium isn't it?
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

Mariners looking at using their spring training facility in Peoria. Might make a mighty fine day trip! $157 RT same day round trip!
Since those are road games......

I really don't care where we play as long as we are playing and it's on TV.
Mr Gigem
AG
CampingAg said:

Opening Day at GLF is going to be played in an empty stadium isn't it?
No
Rossko
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I could see Solak going to AAA to get some additional experience in CF.

Solak - CF AAA
Ummm Solak is one of our 6 best hitters and sending him to AAA would be ridiculous. Word out of camp all along has been finding ways to get him consistent ABs. He is likely the LF as long as Willie is out and he will practice CF as much as he can between games if they are serious about putting him at the 8 any this year. If Rougie struggles to the point of losing faith the Solak is likely the 2B going forward.
DallasAg 94
cmiller00
AG
Would be very surprised if Solak is sent to AAA. If he isn't the opening day starter in LF he'll start one of the first three games in the outfield IMO.
PatAg
AG
Feel like its either played normally or start of season is delayed.
KT 90
AG
I'm going to say Solak has established himself as a pretty consistent hitter over his professional career, including .293 with the Rangers last year. Need to find a position (or two) for him to settle info. I think he's been mentioned as a possibility pretty much everywhere except Pi-CA-SS.

http://m.milb.com/milb/player/669256
Aggie_3
I'm praying we don't postpone start of season or close it to public and that all this hysteria helps drop ticket prices for opening day

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.