*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,122 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Full list of Ahsoka directors. There's 8 episodes so at least one of them is doing more than one.

-Dave Filoni
-Steph Green
-Peter Ramsey
-Jennifer Getzinger
-Geeta Patel
-Rick Famuyiwa
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
Lars introduced as Thrawn

What he sounds like in character for the animation snobs of the board. This is essential Thrawn from the very beginning and his trademark ability to understand and one-up enemies by studying their culture and artwork.

and the final appearance of both Thrawn and Bridger (along with Grogu's purgills) in Rebels.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
New character pictures from the Ahoska panel that just happened. Panel included on Favreau, Dave Filoni, Rosario Dawson (Ahsoka), Natasha Liu Bordizzo (Sabine Wren), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Hera Syndulla), Diana Lee Inosanto, Ray Stevensen, and Ivanna Sakhno.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera. She is a general in the New Republic, must as she was a General in her Rogue One cameo.

Natsha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine.

Rosario Dawson said that Chopper has a problem with most other droids and confirmed that David Tennant will voice the droid Huyang as he did in Rebels.

Ray STevenson plays Baylan Skoll and Ivanna Sakhno plays SHin Hati, who are both working for Morgan Elsbeth (from Mando Season 2) and are both "deeply loyal to Grand Admiral Thrawn". They weren't allowed to say anything as Filoni says everything about the is a spoiler.

FIloni said that Ahoska's stunt coordinator MIng Qui is also playing a villain in the series, looks like the potential inquisitor we saw from the end of the trailer.

They then showed an alternate trailer from yesterday with new quick shots including:

Thrawn's face
Speed chase on Lothal
Sabine using Ezra's green lightsaber vs. Shin
Sabine flying alongside the Purgills

Grainy first pic of Thrawn. Glowing red eyes confirmed. I wonder how Tim Zahn is feeling today.

Color adjusted by someone on Reddit

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
hunter2012
AG
This one was my personal favorite.
The Porkchop Express
The celebration-only trailer; hope it lasts the night!

Thrawn!
Sabine using Ezra's green saber!
Sabine being a bad ass on a speeder!

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
Sabine with Ezra's green saber that he entrusted her to keep.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
tk for tu juan
Sabine did an Akira bike slide
TCTTS
AG
I finally had a chance to dig into the trailer a bit more, and even though I don't know a ton about Ahsoka (save for the broad strokes), I have to say, from the 1:08 mark, when Ray Stevenson appears and ignites his lightsaber, to the end of the trailer, is up there with the best stretch of any trailer in the entire franchise. The dialogue, action, and especially the score get me so amped up…

"The Jedi fell a long time ago. There aren't many left."

WARRIOR

OUTCAST

REBEL

JEDI

"Perhaps it is time to begin again."

So damn good. That's such a great, four-word tagline and the way the music ramps up as those each of those words come up… hell yeah.

This really does look like it could be something special.
cbr
AG
TCTTS said:

I finally had a chance to dig into the trailer a bit more, and even though I don't know a ton about Ahsoka (save for the broad strokes), I have to say, from the 1:08 mark, when Ray Stevenson appears and ignites his lightsaber, to the end of the trailer, is up there with the best stretch of any trailer in the entire franchise. The dialogue, action, and especially the score get me so amped up…

"The Jedi fell a long time ago. There aren't many left."

WARRIOR

OUTCAST

REBEL

JEDI

"Perhaps it is time to begin again."

So damn good. That's such a great, four-word tagline and the way the music ramps up as those each of those words come up… hell yeah.

This really does look like it could be something special.
You really should pick up, say the top 10 ashoka clone wars episodes, and the last 4 episodes. That is good entertainment and adds a lot to the sw universe. If you like thst, then maybe the top 3-4 ashoka rebels episodes
TCTTS
AG
At the recommendation of many here, I watched the final four Clone War episodes a few years back. But I definitely need to see the relevant Rebels episodes that help lay the groundwork for this. Will likely just follow the Ahsoka playlist on Disney+, depending on how long it is.
The Porkchop Express
You can get away with just watching the Rebels' episodes on there, don't worry about the Clone Wars ones. By now you should know she was Plo Koon's Padawan as a young girl, then Anakin's during the Clone Wars. She learned a lot of his unorthodox mannerisms, she got accused of a crime she didn't commit (just like the A-Team), and when Anakin was able to prove her innocence, the Jedi tried to apologize by raising her to the level of Jedi Knight.

In the pivotal moment of the Clone Wars animation and perhaps the last 10-15 years of Star Wars as a whole, she rejected the elevation and left the Order. She returned briefly in the final season of Clone Wars when she helps liberate Mandalore, captures Maul, and escapes Order 66 with the help of Captain Rex.

What happens in Rebels is far more important to her story that is coming in Ahsoka.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
Good to know, thanks.
cbr
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

You can get away with just watching the Rebels' episodes on there, don't worry about the Clone Wars ones. By now you should know she was Plo Koon's Padawan as a young girl, then Anakin's during the Clone Wars. She learned a lot of his unorthodox mannerisms, she got accused of a crime she didn't commit (just like the A-Team), and when Anakin was able to prove her innocence, the Jedi tried to apologize by raising her to the level of Jedi Knight.

In the pivotal moment of the Clone Wars animation and perhaps the last 10-15 years of Star Wars as a whole, she rejected the elevation and left the Order. She returned briefly in the final season of Clone Wars when she helps liberate Mandalore, captures Maul, and escapes Order 66 with the help of Captain Rex.

What happens in Rebels is far more important to her story that is coming in Ahsoka.
Maybe so, but i enjoyed the rebels arc a good bit more. Her character is one of the very strongest in all sw, and the surprising thing is her arc in clone wars made revenge of the sith go from kind of hokie to being a really solid tragic story when woven together.
The Porkchop Express
cbr said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Maybe so, but i enjoyed the rebels arc a good bit more.
Uh, that's what I said too.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
tk for tu juan
The playlist on Disney+ is 16 episodes of Clone Wars, 3 episodes of Tales of the Jedi, 8 episodes of Rebels, S2E5 Mando, and S1E6 BoBF
TCTTS
AG
Awesome, thanks. Will probably knock out just those 8 Rebels episodes then, sometime this summer.
jeffk
AG
Those three Tales of the Jedi episodes are a good quick watch too.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Awesome, thanks. Will probably knock out just those 8 Rebels episodes then, sometime this summer.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
bearamedic99
AG
I recently finished clone wars and haven't started Rebels.

Have they ever discussed how most Jedi use one saber, two-handed but Ahsoka uses two sabers of different lengths?
redline248
AG
Not really
RebAg13
hunter2012
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Have they ever discussed how most Jedi use one saber, two-handed but Ahsoka uses two sabers of different lengths?
Anakin addresses in in clone wars(EDIT: it might be from the Ahsoka novel), her saber form(inverted grip) while swift is weak in defense which is where the second blade is supposed to help.

The Porkchop Express
bearamedic99 said:

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
ChipFTAC01
AG
What color are ahsoka's lights bets in the Mandolin?
redline248
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

You wanna try that one again?
XXXVII
ChipFTAC01 said:

Blurple
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
AliasMan02
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Funny autocorrect, but the answer is white. They are the redeemed kyber crystals from an Inquisitor's lightsaber.
ChipFTAC01
AG
redline248 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Ha. I saw the Mandolin but was too lazy to go back and fix. Missed lights bets.
DallasTeleAg
ChipFTAC01 said:

redline248 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Ha. I saw the Mandolin but was too lazy to go back and fix. Missed lights bets.
The Porkchop Express
Baylan and Thrawn

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
I'm really interested to see where and what Hera is when Ahsoka starts. Is she still a general in the New Republic? Is there still a fleet? Is her son actively part of the Ghost squad? Also, something I had forgotten since Rebels, she possibly has the biggest grudge of all of them (other than Ezra) about Thrawn; he imprisoned her dad and stole her family cultural heirloom and I don't think she ever got it back.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Mathguy64
AG
Ezra gave it back to her at the end.
DartAg1970
AG
May have already been asked, but what are the key episodes from rebels I should have my wife watch so I don't have to explain everything to her about who these people are?
The Porkchop Express
DartAg1970 said:

May have already been asked, but what are the key episodes from rebels I should have my wife watch so I don't have to explain everything to her about who these people are?
If you go on Disney Plus they've made a list of essential viewings.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.