*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,152 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Dekker_Lentz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

You raise some interesting points, and I want to add that in the OT we had a mostly sci-fi story in which 99% of the characters were with the audience in not understanding the fantasy side of things. It was mysterious for everyone, so it was easier to get down with. I think you might be onto something with the idea of opposing genres/character philosophies muddling the story a bit.

Now...
Quote:

So in four episodes, neither good guy character has grown.

I don't know if I completely agree, here. As discussed a little today, Ahsoka may have let some cracks show up in her stoic appearance. Also, there was a lingering shot of Sabine's helmet lying on the ground as she was fighting or running after the villain. I can't help but wonder if that is an indication of her moving on from (or growing past) her Mandalorian background.

The other possibility is that leaving it behind is symbolic of losing herself in her quest for Ezra. She's basically defied Ahsoka's plan/direction/orders - whatever you want to call it - twice. How often did she do that, even when disagreeing, with Hera or Kanan. (referencing Rebels, here).

I do think you are right in the sense that something has to give between the 2 differing character philosophies.
exitone
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I'd say Marrok was probably some sort dead inquisitor that they re-animated through Nightsister magic. That junk that came out of him reminded me of some of Mother Talzin's magic from Clone Wars.

Could this not be a reanimated Darth Maul. He had the moves.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One thing I've noticed among all the reactions I've seen -- everyone loves Baylan, pretty much across the board. Dude is stealing the show.

He is such an imposing figure, even with very little dialogue. I really hope they give us more of his backstory, because they've done a great job of making him a mysterious, enigmatic figure that you want to learn more about. Really sucks the actor is gone. RIP.
bluefire579
AG

I'd say Marrok was probably some sort dead inquisitor that they re-animated through Nightsister magic. That junk that came out of him reminded me of some of Mother Talzin's magic from Clone Wars.
Doesn't necessarily need to be a re-animated. Could just be a nightbrother in inquisitor armor, seeing as Savage Opress had the same kind of stuff coming out of him after he was killed by Palp in CW.

redline248
AG
exitone said:

Please, no. Just....let him stay dead!
Mathguy64
AG
exitone said:

He doesn't have the legs for it anymore.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

redline248 said:

You raise some interesting points, and I want to add that in the OT we had a mostly sci-fi story in which 99% of the characters were with the audience in not understanding the fantasy side of things. It was mysterious for everyone, so it was easier to get down with. I think you might be onto something with the idea of opposing genres/character philosophies muddling the story a bit.

Now...
Quote:

So in four episodes, neither good guy character has grown.

I don't know if I completely agree, here. As discussed a little today, Ahsoka may have let some cracks show up in her stoic appearance. Also, there was a lingering shot of Sabine's helmet lying on the ground as she was fighting or running after the villain. I can't help but wonder if that is an indication of her moving on from (or growing past) her Mandalorian background.

The other possibility is that leaving it behind is symbolic of losing herself in her quest for Ezra. She's basically defied Ahsoka's plan/direction/orders - whatever you want to call it - twice. How often did she do that, even when disagreeing, with Hera or Kanan. (referencing Rebels, here).

I do think you are right in the sense that something has to give between the 2 differing character philosophies.

Sorry, my post didn't save. You bring up some good points that cracks are showing in the characters. But within the confines of only this story, it would have been more interesting if Ahsoka ended up the prisoner on the ship and Sabine ended up in the "world between worlds".

But for the franchise as a a whole, having Anakin and Ahsoka reunite is more compelling, but I think it was detrimental to the story.
exitone
AG
redline248 said:

exitone said:

Please, no. Just....let him stay dead!

I agree. I love the character, but it's time for him to stay dead. He did have done very overtly Maul type moves though. I don't think we have heard the last of this. There has to be more to this character. Otherwise they would have just killed him without the toxic cloud of green mist.
redline248
AG
Quote:

But for the franchise as a a whole, having Anakin and Ahsoka reunite is more compelling, but I think it was detrimental to the story.
I think we should wait and revisit this after it's all over. The choice here is probably reminiscent of Ben coming to talk to Luke or even Yoda coming to talk to Luke in The Last Jedi. Even though Ahsoka, by most accounts, would probably be considered a "master" in her own right, she can still learn something.

The show is, after all, named for her.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mathguy64 said:

exitone said:

Anyone ever think about how just between Maul, Grievous, and Anakin, Obi-Wan has severed 9 limbs?
Dekker_Lentz
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

I think we should wait and revisit this after it's all over. The choice here is probably reminiscent of Ben coming to talk to Luke or even Yoda coming to talk to Luke in The Last Jedi. Even though Ahsoka, by most accounts, would probably be considered a "master" in her own right, she can still learn something.

I agree with you and for the context of Star Wars as a whole, I think it is going to be awesome how this works out. But I think within the confines of the 4 episodes of Ahsoka, it left Ahsoka and Sabine boxed in four episodes. If this had been the cliff hanger after episode 2 it would have been awesome and I would have no compliant.

Instead we have two more episodes of the characters being told to work together by their friends and then they basically don't do it just so we get to this point.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mathguy64 said:

exitone said:

Anyone ever think about how just between Maul, Grievous, and Anakin, Obi-Wan has severed 9 limbs?
Kept it rolling in A New Hope
TCTTS
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

I agree with you and for the context of Star Wars as a whole, I think it is going to be awesome how this works out. But I think within the confines of the 4 episodes of Ahsoka, it left Ahsoka and Sabine boxed in four episodes. If this had been the cliff hanger after episode 2 it would have been awesome and I would have no compliant.

Instead we have two more episodes of the characters being told to work together by their friends and then they basically don't do it just so we get to this point.

Just realized that episode four did, indeed - quite literally - end on a cliff hanger.
beagle2009
AG
I am finally caught up on this show and this thread, and all
I have to say is:

1. This show is about as good as we've gotten in recent Star Wars offerings (with Andor and Rogue One at the top).

2. cbr is quite possibly one of the worst posters in the entirety of TexAgs.
The Porkchop Express
On my rewatch tonight:

1) Big smiles for Carson Teva calling Hera "Phoenix Leader". And smiles for Carson as well, he has become the Disney+ Wedge Antilles.

2) The Death-Star esque droids on board the Eye of Scion are at Ric Olie Captain Obvious levels, telling Morgan Elsbeth that the drive will be ready in "moments" and then telling her the power was restored right after all the lights came back on.

3) Line of the night from one of my kids. "Her name is Shin? Does she have a brother named Knee?"

4) Much like Anakin, Ahsoka was really thrown off by an opponent who wasn't all rage and anger. Baylon looked happy to talk to her for 5 hours, but she was the one who drew down first. Then he was cool just standing there sizing each other up and finally she attacked. Granted he was there to stall, but still the impatience really came off her in waves.

5) I found myself thinking how profoundly sad Ahsoka must be, perhaps leading to her stoicism. Every single person she knew from childhood up until the end of the Clone Wars, with the exception of Bo Katan and a few other Mandos, is dead. She lost Anakin twice, every other Jedi from her era is gone with rare exception, she reconnected with Bail Organa and his whole planet is destroyed, and one of her only links to the early rebellion is Sabine, who she a massive falling out with. Better than, to stay on her ship flying from place to place seeking trouble to snuff out rather than trying to create a new life for yourself somwhere

6) My only real miss of the episode is Jacen Syndulla saying he has a bad feeling. Not the line, but the timing. The ship just jumped away and 3 of your mom's pilots are dead, dummy! Up there with Anakin's bad feeling in Clone Wars when they're already in chains in that arena surrounded by thousands of Geonosians without their weapons.

7) Really like the ocean shot that fades to Ahsoka, the water is definitely glowing blue like the part of Moana when she finds the stone.
redline248
AG
Quote:

4) Much like Anakin, Ahsoka was really thrown off by an opponent who wasn't all rage and anger. Baylon looked happy to talk to her for 5 hours, but she was the one who drew down first. Then he was cool just standing there sizing each other up and finally she attacked. Granted he was there to stall, but still the impatience really came off her in waves.
Yes, so fascinating. Then you throw in his lines to her about she doesn't know any other way than death and destruction. On the one hand, he's kind of right, and I can't wait (I hope so much) to find out more about him.

On the other hand, he's wrong, b/c Thrawn returning is such a terrible thing, and she knows there is no talking her way into getting Baylan to pull that map.
LB12Diamond
AG
Good points

He seems very wise

Remember his line about losing faith a long time ago

Will be curious if we find out why.
TCTTS
AG

jeffk
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Good points

He seems very wise

Remember his line about losing faith a long time ago

Will be curious if we find out why.

He's been very adamant about Anakin betraying him and everyone else. I'm interested and hoping there's some personal connection they'll make clear soon.
Saxsoon
AG
Even coke baby chuck fell in love with Ahsoka on this episode. It was great
hunter2012
AG
Quote:

6) My only real miss of the episode is Jacen Syndulla saying he has a bad feeling. Not the line, but the timing. The ship just jumped away and 3 of your mom's pilots are dead, dummy! Up there with Anakin's bad feeling in Clone Wars when they're already in chains in that arena surrounded by thousands of Geonosians without their weapons.

So my thought on this was that he has an affinity with the force because of his father. Seemed like a small wink regarding that.

Edit: also the one thing that everyone agrees on:

The Porkchop Express
hunter2012 said:

Quote:

6)
So my thought on this was that he has an affinity with the force because of his father. Seemed like a small wink regarding that.

I get that he has the Force, it's that he decided he had a bad feeling after a bunch of people already got killed and the bad guys got away.

It's like saying "I've got a bad feeling about this" after you've been in a head-on collision on the freeway.
bobinator
AG
I sort of wonder if it's the first time he's really felt the force. So it would be less "I've got a bad feeling about what's about to happen" and more "I'm feeling something new that I don't like."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Based on nothing but gut feeling, calling my shot. Sabine pulled Ahsoka into the World Between Worlds.

She had the choice of saving Ezra or Ahsoka and chose Ahsoka.
bobinator
AG
How would that work?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea. It just feels like it makes narrative sense. It would be a great arc for Sabine to have to finally accept losing Ezra, and making the difficult choice like they talked about this episode. And a great resolution to the clear tension between the two.

Edit: If you mean logistically, that world exists out of time, so Sabine could enter it well in the future, from the other galaxy, and affect the past.
bobinator
AG
I'm leaning HEAVILY toward it being all in Ashoka's head. Real, like she's going to actually talk to Anakin's spirit, but in her head. Then she's going to wake up on Seatos, round up the gang, and they're going to ride the Purrgil to rejoin the party.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think it could easily appear to be this, but then the reveal in the final episode shows that Sabine saved her.
Legal Custodian
AG
I think the final scene will be cartoon Ahsoka waking up and realizing it was all a dream so they can retcon the Sequel Trilogy.

bobinator
AG
I just generally tend to think they're going to steer away from any sort of time shenanigans.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Ahsoka encounters Luke Skywalker holding a DVD of The Last Jedi who looks at it and then throws it off the cliff over his shoulder.

"New" Star Wars moving forward based on Timothy Zahn content.

Everyone goes home happy.
Madmarttigan
AG
If they get ridiculous and start messing with time and the world between worlds they better delete the sequels from canon
The Porkchop Express
Based on the musical cue at the end, I don't think Ahsoka is going to have a fun time with whatever thing that is in there with her. The last person we saw in the World between Worlds was Papatine, and while she might be in some sort of Force coma, you have at least consider that touching the Night Sister magic 8 ball sent her there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Whatever it is, I hope we don't spend an entire episode thinking she's speaking with Anakin, and then the twist comes at the end. If that's the way they're going, I hope it happens early on so we get to see her speak to real Anakin.
TCTTS
AG
Maybe fake Anakin this coming episode, but then a knowing nod or brief words of encouragement from real, Force Ghost Anakin in the finale. I could be on board with something like that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.