*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,160 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rosario Dawson seems to pivot back and forth on the hotness scale, depending on the role she's in. However, she was the best surprise in that crappy Alexander movie with Colin Farrell.

I've thought Mary Elizabeth Winstead was hot since Sky High

The actress playing Sabine is pretty hot, too.
The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

MBAR said:

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Why can Disney make good CGI for this series but not for a Marvel movie?
Because the AI isn't sophisticated enough to understand the prompt "Danerys Targaryen with Groot's arm shooting laser beams through the chest of English black guy skrull in rundownsoviet union power plant."
Here's the Mage.Space interpretation, however!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Death Proof wasn't Rosario's best look, but it's definitely peak hotness for Winstead.

jabberwalkie09
AG

MBAR said:

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Why can Disney make good CGI for this series but not for a Marvel movie?
Because the AI isn't sophisticated enough to understand the prompt "Danerys Targaryen with Groot's arm shooting laser beams through the chest of English black guy skrull in rundownsoviet union power plant."

I mean, that looks like Fantastic 4 in an image to me...
The Porkchop Express
jabberwalkie09 said:

MBAR said:

I mean, that looks like Fantastic 4 in an image to me...
mage.space is almost as bad of a rabbit hole as pitch meeting for me. I've created a lot of photos of beagles surfing, running for president, and fighting with lightsabers in the past month.
redline248
AG
Quote:

and fighting with lightsabers in the past month.
Yo. You just gonna leave us hanging?
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Let's find out.

Hot or not?

I need a few more pics to decide
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Someone went to s lot of trouble to hide a dang map. And why would there be a map anyway? Seems kinda weird.

Also lots of over-acting in this one.

And how do lasers explode in mid flight?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Let's find out.

Hot or not?

Cute, but she's not like Gal Gadot or Scarlett Johansson hot. Put her in a room of SEC sorority girls and she's not exactly going to stick out.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hot or not?

Pretty, but not like old school VS Angel hot. She's good looking, just not outstandingly attractive.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hot or not?

I'm on the fence here. She has an amazing body, but her nose is oddly wide. Would I do her? You bet your ass I would, but that's not the question and we gotta respect the game. Ii, however, lean towards hot.
cbr
AG

cbr said:

lol, no matter how decrepit i get, i wont be going back to disney. done my time there.

but come on, if we are really taking a poll, does anyone really consider these actresses particularly 'hot'?

Rosario Dawson had been throwing 99-MPH heat for 25 years, dating back to when she was Ray Allen's girlfriend in "He Got Game" in 1998. If this person isn't doing it for you, give Frank Thomas and the low-T clinic a call.

Now this is how you 'hot' debate!

She was smoking hot. And she is over 40 now and no longer smoking hot in this role. She's still a pretty lady, no doubt. But nothing about her costume here does anything for anyone here.

The others? Not hot and never were. As in, damn near any college class i went to had more talent. They may be right for their roles, or good actresses or whatever. But my opinion stands.

cbr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Death Proof wasn't Rosario's best look, but it's definitely peak hotness for Winstead.

Now this is terrible. Absolutely hideous for dawson, wish i'd never seen that. The other girl is just a totally average thin girl.
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

Quote:

and fighting with lightsabers in the past month.
Yo. You just gonna leave us hanging?

On Cloud City

On the Death Star

Beagle jedi council

Darth Beagle, Lord of the Sniff

Mandalorian Beagles - This is the Bay

Johnny Football with a "maroon" lightsaber at Kyle Field.

The Porkchop Express
cbr said:

cbr said:

lol, no matter how decrepit i get, i wont be going back to disney. done my time there.

but come on, if we are really taking a poll, does anyone really consider these actresses particularly 'hot'?

Rosario Dawson had been throwing 99-MPH heat for 25 years, dating back to when she was Ray Allen's girlfriend in "He Got Game" in 1998. If this person isn't doing it for you, give Frank Thomas and the low-T clinic a call.

She was smoking hot. And she is over 40 now and no longer smoking hot in this role. She's still a pretty lady, no doubt. But nothing about her costume here does anything for anyone here.

The others? Not hot and never were. As in, damn near any college class i went to had more talent. They may be right for their roles, or good actresses or whatever. But my opinion stands.

How much can I put in a GoFundMe for you to stop posting on this thread?
cbr
AG

cbr said:

cbr said:

How much can I put in a GoFundMe for you to stop posting on this thread?
Well, clearly the plot isnt keeping anyone's attention. However, throw me a number and i'll consider it.

Or give us good content and i wont criticize it.

Or just give us hot women. I'm easy.
cbr
AG
Disney had 4 billion women to choose from, and picked this woman:

Which is not a choice you make if 'hot' is in your criteria. Mildly attractive mom, good actress, fits your perception of the role? Fine. Nothing wrong with that at all. But dont freak out if people dont agree that she's 'hot'. Which is how this all started. Someone basically said 'yeah its at best a decent show but at least the women are hot', and others said, 'hold up'

Open debate.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
So I guess we're done talking about the show. Thanks y'all.
cbr
AG
cbr said:

Disney had 4 billion women to choose from, and picked this woman:

Which is not a choice you make if 'hot' is in your criteria. Mildly attractive mom, good actress, fits your perception of the role? Fine. Nothing wrong with that at all. But dont freak out if people dont agree that she's 'hot'. Which is how this all started. Someone basically said 'yeah its at best a decent show but at least the women are hot', and others said, 'hold up'

here you go. If they Wanted 'hot'…

Open debate.
cbr
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I responded on this 'hot' stuff as a joke, but seriously, let's hope the show takes this thread in good directions with later episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The stars have spoken - hot. Debate is settled. Let's move on.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Haven't watched episode 2 yet, but episode 1 was the perfect start.

- Loved the slightly different take on an opening scroll and spaceship entering picture
- Great intro to our fallen Jedi villains
- Great action intro for Ahsoka
- Fun intro for Sabine. (My wife, who hasn't seen any of the cartoons, instantly said "I like her")
- We saw where it was going with the villains stealing the map, but they still had fun building up the tension for when they showed up and the fight at the end was great. I can't believe they let Sabine get stabbed!
- Lots of great imagery throughout. I hope they can keep this level of quality going forward.
PatAg
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Gotta go back 3 pages or so to see the discussion
The Collective
AG
I also don't get the map. Took me back to TFA. We will see.
jeffk
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Someone went to s lot of trouble to hide a dang map. And why would there be a map anyway? Seems kinda weird.

Also lots of over-acting in this one.

And how do lasers explode in mid flight?

The map wasn't created to lead to Thrawn but to show the purgill migration pathway. But then he's been calling out somehow to this Nightsister chick and they've presumed that's where the purgill took him.

And the blasters thing has always been weird. They load their laser weapons with ammo and cause impacts and force when they hit. Someone explained that they weren't really lasers in a traditional sense once but I can't remember what they are supposed to be. So yeah, lasers blowing up like flak is odd on its face.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
One of my friends complained that Rosario's acting was dull and bland. I think it's part of how the character is written, and part of how Filoni chose scene over dialogue.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, because of the sequels I get nervous any time some gizmo is front and center of the plot, I also wish they'd have connected the dots a little better for the audience on why exactly Thrawn is at the location the map indicates.
PatAg
AG
The way I am viewing it, is he is wherever he is at for some unknown reason. I assume we will find out as the show progresses, or he eventually reappears. Don't really see that as a bad thing
bobinator
AG
It's not bad per se, to me it just kind of creates some unrealistic dialogue. "How does this lead to Thrawn?" should have been Hera's first question about the map. The way it was presented in these episodes sort of makes it sound like someone slapped a tracking device on Thrawn before he vanished.
Madmarttigan
AG
I agree
Formerly tv1113
jeffk
AG
bobinator said:

It's not bad per se, to me it just kind of creates some unrealistic dialogue. "How does this lead to Thrawn?" should have been Hera's first question about the map. The way it was presented in these episodes sort of makes it sound like someone slapped a tracking device on Thrawn before he vanished.

Exactly. They should have been much more upfront with the original purpose of the map (purgill and history of creating hyperspace lanes). As it stands it's confusing how this ancient map somehow leads to Thrawn who disappeared after it was created.
bobinator
AG
Honestly the whole map thing has me kind of annoyed.

Ashoka interrogating Morgan off-screen is a bizarre choice. Because of that choice I'd almost assume they were working together in a sort of "you want Thrawn, I want Ezra" thing except that it would make the plot of these two episodes insanely convoluted if they were.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Am I going to be able to watch this show if I didn't watch the cartoons? All I've watched is the live action movies, and Disney+ series. Never got into all the extended stuff.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just watch the summary posted earlier in this thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.