*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,172 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Literally me.

bobinator
AG
Twist, Ashoka is about to do something real dumb and that's how Palpatine returns
bluefire579
AG
I'm happy, except for having to wait for next week
jabberwalkie09
AG
Madmarttigan said:

TC shattered the glass on the slow dialogue for me so it is still kind of annoying, but that was indeed a hell of an episode. Sabine turning her back on Ahsoka for Ezra was probably the best part.

Turned her back on Ahsoka? I'm not so sure… Trying to keep her work to find Ezra? Imo, yes.

So far from what we have been presented, we're going into uncharted territories.

The New Republic has utterly failed here. Thrawn will return.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, so what's actually going on at the end?

1. Anakin has no face scar
2. He's clearly not a force ghost
3. Ends with a hint of the Imperial March
gougler08
AG
The captions said Vader Theme Plays as it faded to black
jabberwalkie09
AG
We're seeing an Anakin who is from a parallel time or hasn't fallen yet. Perhaps an Anakin who was from Mortis arc who saved Ahsoka after the Son's machinations. Would be interesting to see that Anakin might have accepted that she would outlive him, not accepting or finding out bout the death of Padme or Luke/Leia, but that she hasn't come to piece with that. Still open to many different paths though.
Sq1dvm
AG
Awesome. Especially loved Ahsoka's one saber technique. Definite samurai vibes.
bobinator
AG
For me the signs point to this being in Ashoka's head, so that's Anakin as she chooses to remember him.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, easily the best episode of the season so far, by a pretty wide margin. It's still not up there with Andor or Rogue One for me, but definitely one of the better Star Wars installments of the Disney era. Great action, the episode actually had a proper beginning, middle, and end, and featured a genuinely satisfying emotional setup/payoff in the form of Sabine not being able to destroy the map. I wish it could have been, like, ten minutes longer (throughout, not added to the end), but I'll take what what they gave us.

A few other notes/nitpicks...

- In agreement that the Marrok reveal was a bit disappointing, but I have a feeling there will be more there to explore.

- It was somewhat eye-rolling to only leave only Baylan guarding the map, and not additional soldiers/droids, but it did lead to a great moment between him and Sabine, so I get why they did it.

- At this point, it's as if Hera's, shall we say, ample ass is contractually obligated to make a cameo each episode via Hera walking away from the camera in some form or fashion. It's so seemingly blatant at this point that it's almost funny.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a clearly unattractive ass belonging to a non-hot actress.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

We're seeing an Anakin who is from a parallel time or hasn't fallen yet. Perhaps an Anakin who was from Mortis arc who saved Ahsoka after the Son's machinations. Would be interesting to see that Anakin might have accepted that she would outlive him, not accepting or finding out bout the death of Padme or Luke/Leia, but that she hasn't come to piece with that. Still open to many different paths though.

An Anakin that didn't have to deal with sand ?
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan said:

TC shattered the glass on the slow dialogue for me so it is still kind of annoying, but that was indeed a hell of an episode. Sabine turning her back on Ahsoka for Ezra was probably the best part.

Can someone explain what the hell marrok was and yeah I don't know what the line is about Sabines family all dying on Mandalore because of Ahsoka don't remember that from rebels.

I feel like Ahsoka (the character), in particular, is getting worse in this regard. After the first couple episodes I defended this as being the older/wiser iteration of the character, but man, she (and most everyone in this franchise) speaks so damn slowly, stoically, and monotone that it's starting to become annoying, if not downright distracting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

An Anakin the didn't have to deal with sand ?

Perhaps not since childhood.

Really though I this is maybe an Anakin from the Mortis arc pre TROS or an alternate Anakin. I'm leaning to the former.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait, did Anakin save her on the way down just like Ezra saved her from Vader?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's my take on it.
Red Five
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I had a similar question. I liked the idea of someone had of a Mortis-era Anakin.

We saw in Clone Wars and Rebels that the nightsisters were able to effect some type of possession, I thought that's what Marrok reminded me of. He was basically an evil spirit possessing a body.
bobinator
AG
This mostly doesn't bother me much but that "don't worry about me/should I be worried" conversation was awful
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
I'd say Marrok was probably some sort dead inquisitor that they re-animated through Nightsister magic. That junk that came out of him reminded me of some of Mother Talzin's magic from Clone Wars.
RebAg13
AG
Loved that they made that choice
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

I feel like Ahsoka (the character), in particular, is getting worse in this regard. After the first couple episodes I defended this as being the older/wiser iteration of the character, but man, she (and most everyone in this franchise) speaks so damn slowly, stoically, and monotone that it's starting to become annoying, if not downright distracting.
your apology can be emailed to me at: hahaitoldyouso@pththtththththth.com
The Porkchop Express
Really liked how Ahsoka used Anakin's stance from his fight with Dooku in Attack of the Clones when she finished off Marrok. But you also saw the hint of Anakin's love of winning on her face, definitely some pride that she had gutted that MoFo.

I think you saw it again when she and Baylon were in their standoff. She didn't know what to do when he didn't attack first, because I'm sure every Force user she's dealt with over the last XX years has been the aggressive one. She wanted to test herself against him.
redline248
AG
Man, episode was really good, but I'm not sure how it sits with me. Baylan didn't do anything other than kind of make her fall. We've seen Ahsoka do pretty incredible stuff while falling...but this time she ends up unconscious in the world between worlds.

I get what Porkchop is saying about her testing herself against Baylan, but after telling Sabine the stakes are so high they have to abandon Ezra, she doesn't use both sabers and go all out to win?

For anyone wondering about the line Baylan gave to Sabine that her family died b/c of Ahsoka...that is not from Rebels. The last we saw of her family in Rebels, they had joined with Bo-Katan to fight off the Imperial loyalists. We know from The Mandalorian that Bo-Katan loses the battle with the Empire and the Empire destroyed most of Mandalore.

We have no idea what Ahsoka and Sabine were doing in that time, but clearly he hit a nerve with her, and will probably be the crux of whatever falling out they had prior to the show.

Another fascinating line was Baylan saying that Ahsoka only learned death and destruction from Anakin. It's somewhat true, as she grew up in a time of war, but even as Anakin was teetering on the edge of darkness, he usually did that all alone, and Ahsoka has plenty of instances of trying to avoid fights.

Anakin showing up was a mild surprise, and probably won't be good for her
The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

I'd say Marrok was probably some sort dead inquisitor that they re-animated through Nightsister magic. That junk that came out of him reminded me of some of Mother Talzin's magic from Clone Wars.
somewhat comparable

redline248
AG
A final critique that is personal preference...Rosario doesn't do it for me as Ahsoka. Something in her performance is missing for me. It probably is the lack of things to say.

okay, a 2nd final critique - and this isn't really specific to this show - you have blasters, they are for staying at range. Why are you trying to get closer to the person with the sword that can cut them (or you) in half?

Seems like Mandalorian training 101 when fighting a "Jedi." See Jango in Ep 2. While at range and able to fly, blast away in safety. Lose the jet pack and let Mace close the distance...well, we know how that ended.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah, I don't think Rosario was a great choice
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The last time we saw the World between Worlds was Ezra and Ahsoka running for their lives to avoid an invading Palpatine who fires his dark side power into it. Could he have possibly corrupted it in some way?

It's going to be a big step in some direction, that's for sure. The joy on Ahsoka's face leads me to believe this isn't something that has happened to her before, and perhaps she'll have to make a choice between trying to right the wrongs of the past or use the power of that place to pursue the bad guys to find Thrawn/ Ezra.

cbr
AG
Im sorry. That was complete and utter bull**** nonsense. Nothing made any sense whatsoever. That was 'running lea obi wan' bad the entire time. I cant even type out all the plot defects because every single thing that happened was nonsense.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The last time we saw the World between Worlds was Ezra and Ahsoka running for their lives to avoid an invading Palpatine who fires his dark side power into it. Could he have possibly corrupted it in some way?

It's going to be a big step in some direction, that's for sure. The joy on Ahsoka's face leads me to believe this isn't something that has happened to her before, and perhaps she'll have to make a choice between trying to right the wrongs of the past or use the power of that place to pursue the bad guys to find Thrawn/ Ezra.

If so, it will (obviously) be basically the exact same choice she questioned whether Sabine will be able to make this episode. And if so, I love that Ahsoka will be tested herself and have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.
redline248
AG
So, what do y'all think would be a worse way for Ahsoka to get to the other galaxy?

A) The world between worlds transports her there

or

B) She got a pretty good look at that map and with help from Hera, Huyang and Chopper she pieces it together herself

Wait. I just realized the obvious C possibility. Purgill taxi
fig96
AG
I need to watch Rebels cause I'm kinda lost in the comments here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.