*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,153 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
The Real Napster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
malenurse
AG
bluefire579 said:

I see we've finally reached the point where people are siding with the literal space Nazis
Well, at least the shuttles were running on time.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
C@LAg
ABATTBQ11
AG
bluefire579 said:

I see we've finally reached the point where people are siding with the literal space Nazis

Have you seen the world lately? Nazis seem to be making a comeback...
wangus12
AG
tk for tu juan
Baylan playing the role of Star Wars fan
redline248
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Baylan playing the role of Star Wars fan
R2 Deez nuts for Chopper is so on point
jokershady
AG
The "starring" for honest trailers is always so good!!! It's honestly incredible how that channel has remained so consistently funny over all these years!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Grand Smurf Tarkin
ABATTBQ11
AG
Also, "A perfect metaphor for Disney's Star Wars" was pretty spot on.
Moral High Horse
Videos about terrible Disney star wars shows are tight

WES2006AG
AG
wangus12 said:

The 30 seconds of sighing.
chilidogfood
AG
Man that series was bad, but watching the pitch meeting just reminds me how much worse it was than I remembered.

edit: Also Ryan is hilarious.
ABATTBQ11
AG
After watching this, why didn't Ahsoka just ask the purrgil to take her to Ezra a long time ago?
redline248
AG
My feeling is that the purrgil aren't as well known anymore and they aren't easy to find.

At least that's what I'm going with.
The Porkchop Express
I hate that Ahsoka was on during the dumbass strike so that none of the people involved could even promote the show, much less be on a talk show. What a waste. A lot of the stars of the show posted a lot of pictures from the set yesterday on their social media.

Post from Natasha (Sabine)

As you probably know, the strike has lifted . All I've wanted to say for these many weeks is thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the love on Ahsoka . Thank you for coming along with us on such an epic journey!! Sabine taught me so much, especially about receiving mentorship, love and guidance, even when you least deserve it. This show was made by a huge team of genuinely good, kind people (hi @dave.filoni) who are all obsessed with Star Wars and even with all the other incredible experiences that came along with it, that part stood out to me.
Alright now enjoy some fun snaps from set!! More to come!! @ahsokaofficial @starwars
P.s. We miss you Ray. We miss you Shawna.

Read that the actor who played Ezra was not even on social media before he got cast as Ezra. Pretty impressive. his first post.

THE RUMORS ARE TRUE…
I am Ezra Bridger.
Thank you to everyone that worked on @ahsokaofficial for welcoming me with open arms into your beautiful @starwars family.
Growing up I wished for friends who loved what I loved (anime, cartoons, etc.) and little did I know it would be all of you. It's an honor to work with people who pour their hearts and souls into this franchise and keep the Force so alive. Made it easy to go all in and follow suit. Thank you @dave.filoni & @jonfavreau for trusting me to bring Jabba the Hutt himself back home. There are so many more moments that went undocumented but deeply lived and loved while being a part of this project. To the fans… I'M HOME!!
Dearest Ray & Dearest Shawna,
Rest in beautiful peace and power

'

He also posted this. Pretty great.

And Ariana Greenblatt, having a heck of a year with Ahsoka and Barbie

From my family to yours, Thank U, Thank U, Thank U for all the love & support, comment's, reactions & just over whelming love you all have shown me, the cast & 600+ crew members/artisans who worked on Ahsoka "Shadow Warrior"

Im deeply grateful to the Star Wars family~snips

and the lady who played Morgan Elsbeth

"For Dathomir" or really "For Ahsoka"… as I finally get to express myself as an artist…an actress. I have yearned during the days of the strike, to share my level of love and gratitude that I carry in my heart & soul for my cast & crew of Ahsoka. Professionally, I am a late bloomer in my career as an actress, who for years was a struggling mother of a son with Autism, who was finally given the role of a lifetime. A miracle.
I am incredibly thankful to each and every member of my Ahsoka family …or as they say in Hawaii…my "Ohana" of Star Wars. My life has changed on a level I could have never dreamed. Thank you @dave.filoni for your vision of Ahsoka and for dreaming up Nightsister, Lady Morgan Elsbeth and allowing me to execute her essence on the screen. Thank you @jonfavreau for suggesting a martial artist could actually be called to take on the mantle of this kind of role. What an honor.
Carrie Beck, Colin Wilson and Kathleen Kennedy…my cup runneth over. I am so humbled by your belief in me. And that goes for the rest of production and our incredible directors…Steph, Peter, Dave, Jen, Geeta and Rick. To my cast members, @rosariodawson …our Queen…our Captain of Joy…so proud that we could combatively have that last battle… Talzin Blade to Lightsabers. What a way for my character to have a powerful exit.
@natashaliubordizzo , #maryelizabethwinstead , @emanesfandi @amazinghaydenchristensen , #LarsMikkelsen, @ivannasakhno …and our beautiful and extraordinary Ray Stevenson (who I miss)… I have grown so much being in your company. From our table readings on zoom to each day we spent on the sets, or just the quick passing "hellos" we gave each other in the hallways, I am so honored we could be the collective that created this extraordinary story in another galaxy far away. (More photos and notes of gratitude to come). Meanwhile, Ray and Shawna rest in peace and love. @ahsokaofficial @starwars #morganelsbeth #raystevenson #shawnatrpcic #ahsoka #dathomir #nightsister @lucasfilm @disneyplus
YouBet
AG
I'm blanking...who is Shawna?
The Porkchop Express
YouBet said:

I'm blanking...who is Shawna?

Shawna Trpcic was a costume designer for ahsoka, bobf and mando and got her start doing those fantastic outfits on Firefly 20 years ago. She was only 56 and died of unknown causes about a month ago.
jokershady
AG
Good grief are his eyes really that blue or are those contacts?
The Porkchop Express
jokershady said:

Good grief are his eyes really that blue or are those contacts?

That's just to match Ezra on the cartoon
redline248
AG
No new posts for Hera's excellent derriere
double aught
AG
I finally finished Ahsoka yesterday. It took me a few months, so I was far from glued to the screen. I've never seen Rebels or Clone Wars, so that surely tempered my enjoyment.

Overall, it was above average, but not great. I'd put it somewhat below Mando and well below Andor. Better than Boba Fett and Kenobi. The story as a whole was good, but there were some slow, boring moments. It could've been condensed by an episode or two. Ahsoka was too sullen and dull, but maybe she had her reasons. The actress for Sabine was weak at times. Her dialogue seemed stiff. Like the scene with her and Ezra talking in the little turtle go-kart. My goodness, that sounded like something out of a bad high school play.

But I liked the story more as the show went on. Thrawn was pretty interesting. Though it seemed silly how this supposed mastermind would dispatch only two tie fighters or a small platoon of troops to eliminate the heroes. He did this time and time again, while pontificating on the importance of not underestimating the Jedi! He probably told the troops to take turns attacking before they left the ship.

And what's the deal with Baylan? There were hints throughout of him making some big turn or decision, but instead he just wanders off into the wilderness.

Like the post above alludes to, the best parts of the show were the shots from behind of Hera (and to a lesser extent Sabine).
The Porkchop Express
Thrawn hates wasting resources. Sending out 2 tie fighters is his acceptable loss threshold. Just like when he has his troops out there fighting Ezra and Sabine. When baylan doesn't show but ahsoka does, he pulls back even though they might have killed Sabine the total loss of resources wouldn't have been worth it.

Baylons end was left inconclusive because the actor died.
double aught
AG
Good info. Thanks.

That stinks about Stevenson. I had no idea. I enjoyed the character.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.