*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,116 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Madmarttigan said:

TC shattered the glass on the slow dialogue for me so it is still kind of annoying, but that was indeed a hell of an episode. Sabine turning her back on Ahsoka for Ezra was probably the best part.

Can someone explain what the hell marrok was and yeah I don't know what the line is about Sabines family all dying on Mandalore because of Ahsoka don't remember that from rebels.

I feel like Ahsoka (the character), in particular, is getting worse in this regard. After the first couple episodes I defended this as being the older/wiser iteration of the character, but man, she (and most everyone in this franchise) speaks so damn slowly, stoically, and monotone that it's starting to become annoying, if not downright distracting.
I have a thought that she is going to slowly drop the facade as the season goes on.
redline248
AG
Well, it's not the same picture because they are in different places
The Porkchop Express
ABATTBQ11 said:

Yeah, I don't think Rosario was a great choice

If only they could have had the character's creator hand pick someone for the role.
LB12Diamond
AG
My first thought right after the show was Purgill.

Glad I finished Rebels or that last scene would have been confusing.
Red Five
AG
redline248 said:

So, what do y'all think would be a worse way for Ahsoka to get to the other galaxy?

A) The world between worlds transports her there

or

B) She got a pretty good look at that map and with help from Hera, Huyang and Chopper she pieces it together herself

Wait. I just realized the obvious C possibility. Purgill taxi

Through data gained from the eye of sion's jump and/or investigating the ruins they are able to gain all but the very last piece of the coordinates to the jump. They then find that the last coordinate is contained in the part of the map that was burned into Ahsoka's hand Raiders of the Lost Ark style.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Let me preface that I acknowledge that there were flaws in what we saw last night.

That episode was better than any of the ST. I'm really impressed with the fallen Jedi, he has a gravity that you can feel in every scene.

I also like how they are slow dripping what's going on instead of direct exposition in every single scene.

It does feel at times that Filoni is trying to make a live action Samurai Jack.
LB12Diamond
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Let me preface that I acknowledge that there were flaws in what we saw last night.

That episode was better than any of the ST. I'm really impressed with the fallen Jedi, he has a gravity that you can feel in every scene.

I also like how they are slow dripping what's going on instead of direct exposition in every single scene.

I like that aspect as well. So many series now a days rush through things or each episode is it's own crisis and crisis fixed. This one is being developed pretty well.

My only complaint is the actress playing Morgan. She's pretty bad.
TXAG 05
AG
fig96 said:

I need to watch Rebels cause I'm kinda lost in the comments here.

A bunch of us have been telling y'all to watch Rebels for almost 10 years now!!
Orome
AG
I enjoyed it but <unnaturally long pause> thought the opening conversation between Ahsoka and Sabine <unnaturally long pause> was painfully acted <unnaturally long pause> and paced

That being said I think Ray's Baylan is such a cool character and he provides the right amount of gravitas and stoicism. Also it feels like the they are trying to lean more into the 2-handed fighting style of the OT than what we've seen in the PT and ST.
jeffk
AG
Overarching thing I'm happy about: this series is finally getting us to a SW Jedi show that's an old school samurai flick... which is what they should have been goin for all along.

I'm intrigued about what they're going to do with the world between worlds, but I'm preparing myself for it to not make a lot of sense. Haha.

The forest fight scenes were awesome - glad we got to see so many mixes of styles of combat and technique. (Was waiting for Sabine to dual wield a blaster and the saber, but oh well.)

I keep waiting for them to let Dawson let lose with the emotions and really get into the character, but I don't know if that's a card Filoni is going to play. Seems like he likes the emotionally-repressed Ahsoka.

Sabine's capitulation makes sense when you remember that she thinks Ahsoka is dead, at least to me anyway.
jeffk
AG
Also, in true TexAgs style, we continue to have people who hate the show but watch anyway every week. And then need to log on to make sure everyone hears about how bad of a time they had watching.
powerbelly
AG
I really am enjoying the show so far. My only complaint is with Rosario's Ahsoka.
lunchbox
jeffk said:

Sabine's capitulation makes sense when you remember that she thinks Ahsoka is dead, at least to me anyway.

Right - the way I see it, she had a choice....destroy the map and die or give him the map, find Ezra and try to stop the bad guys from the other side.

Anyone think there is a chance that Ahsoka burning her hand with the map somehow imprinted it on her?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It sucks to say, but visually speaking, the two big lightsaber duels in this episode blew away the Obi-Wan vs Vader duel.

Emotionally, that was a great fight and climax to that series, but man, it was so visually uninteresting. Just an empty, barren, gray planet with zero interesting features.

Loved the backdrop of the red forest, with the trees being cut down. Sure, it was done in TFA, but I still loved it.
The Porkchop Express
lunchbox said:

jeffk said:

Right - the way I see it, she had a choice....destroy the map and die or give him the map, find Ezra and try to stop the bad guys from the other side.

Anyone think there is a chance that Ahsoka burning her hand with the map somehow imprinted it on her?
Great call! That's the straight up Raiders of the Lost Ark reference!

Or maybe she sees Ezra in one of the portals in the World Between Worlds and it gives her a clue. That could be a great parallel to Rebels - Ezra is sorely tempted to try and change Kanan's past, except that would result in himself and the others dying. Him pulling Ahsoka out didn't save her life, we saw her still alive at the end of the duel with Vader.

Maybe Ahsoka's choice is the lure of going into a different portal to stop Anakin somewhere along the way - whether that's with the Sand People murder or killing Dooku or not disarming (HA) Mace Windu or whatever. But she realizes that doing that will alter the lives of billions, where as figuring out where Ezra is, will help her find him and maybe help stop Thrawn.

The Porkchop Express
TXAG 05 said:

fig96 said:

It's pretty funny to see people who have blown off SW animation for 10 years suddenly referencing plots and moments over and over again like they were in watching on Day 1.

ITS A JOKE DONT GET YOUR PANTS IN A TWIST.
redline248
AG
Quote:

I keep waiting for them to let Dawson let lose with the emotions and really get into the character, but I don't know if that's a card Filoni is going to play. Seems like he likes the emotionally-repressed Ahsoka.
Now I wonder if this isn't all a little intentional. Ahsoka was never really all that cool and collected. Even in Rebels, though she was grown up, she still let the occasional emotion bleed through. Notably when she told Vader that she was going to avenge Anakin. Last night she showed a little bit of negative emotion when Shin showed up and she assumed that meant dead Sabine. Maybe there is hope that she does open up a little more.

Since she reminds us from time to time that she's not a Jedi, she needs to remember to not be as "cold" as the Jedi sometimes appear. Maybe something that is hard to convey in film/tv, but living alone with a droid could make someone lose their sensitivity. Having Sabine back around helps remind her of the personal touch?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
9.2 on IMDb.

And Filoni directed episode 5. Expecting a hell of an episode next week.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm assuming it's an intentional choice and hoping to see that curtain pulled back more in the next several episodes.
Gangnam Style
AG
The Porkchop Express
Serious question: Was there a noticeable spike in greenhouse gas emissions for the Seatos EPA when Marrok exploded?
bobinator
AG
I think it's clearly intentional, it's just not done perfectly in every scene. She's trying to keep her emotions down, I mean she's literally Anakin's padawan and saw what his emotions did to him in the end, but she cracks from time to time. When she thought Sabine was dead she lashed out on the apprentice chick.

I also don't think she's actually in the world between worlds. I think this scene that's about to happen is going to be very "Harry talking to Dumbledore in King's Cross Station"

The Porkchop Express
bobinator said:

. I think this scene that's about to happen is going to be very "Harry talking to Dumbledore in King's Cross Station"

Great now I have to watch a CARTOON and read a kid's book?
/texags
Ornithopter
AG
They should just use Ashoka to create a new timeline where the sequel trilogy never happens.
LB12Diamond
AG
DubFalls said:

They should just use Ashoka to create a new timeline where the sequel trilogy never happens.

Star War MultiVerse
redline248
AG
Quote:

I also don't think she's actually in the world between worlds. I think this scene that's about to happen is going to be very "Harry talking to Dumbledore in King's Cross Station"
I think I agree with you. Some kind of Force vision.
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

9.2 on IMDb.

And Filoni directed episode 5. Expecting a hell of an episode next week.
Random note: ep 4 was directed by one of the directors of Spider-Verse (first one).
fig96
AG
TXAG 05 said:

fig96 said:

I've honestly tried a couple times and just haven't been able to get into it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gangnam Style said:

Lucasfilm just said **** everyone who hasn't seen it yet.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Yeah, easily the best episode of the season so far, by a pretty wide margin. It's still not up there with Andor or Rogue One for me, but definitely one of the better Star Wars installments of the Disney era. Great action, the episode actually had a proper beginning, middle, and end, and featured a genuinely satisfying emotional setup/payoff in the form of Sabine not being able to destroy the map. I wish it could have been, like, ten minutes longer (throughout, not added to the end), but I'll take what what they gave us.

A few other notes/nitpicks...

- In agreement that the Marrok reveal was a bit disappointing, but I have a feeling there will be more there to explore.

- It was somewhat eye-rolling to only leave only Baylan guarding the map, and not additional soldiers/droids, but it did lead to a great moment between him and Sabine, so I get why they did it.

- At this point, it's as if Hera's, shall we say, ample ass is contractually obligated to make a cameo each episode via Hera walking away from the camera in some form or fashion. It's so seemingly blatant at this point that it's almost funny.
bluefire579
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Gangnam Style said:

Lucasfilm just said **** everyone who hasn't seen it yet.
You referring to Anakin? Because they haven't made any secret about him being in the show
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes. I'd be pissed if this dropped before the episode aired.
TCTTS
AG
Episode five in theaters next Tuesday...

TCTTS
AG
Orome said:

I enjoyed it but <unnaturally long pause> thought the opening conversation between Ahsoka and Sabine <unnaturally long pause> was painfully acted <unnaturally long pause> and paced

That being said I think Ray's Baylan is such a cool character and he provides the right amount of gravitas and stoicism. Also it feels like the they are trying to lean more into the 2-handed fighting style of the OT than what we've seen in the PT and ST.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.