*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,170 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So did Kylo and Han.
redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

If I had to guess, the dad starts moving back towards the light (already showing doubts about killing Ahsoka), his daughter kills him, and becomes the main baddy of this series.
Since when are they dad and daughter? They have different last names.
It's an interesting speculation. Last names could be fakes to put people off the track. No reason to give away that kind of info if you're dabbling the dark side. Or just trying to hide (see one Ben Kenobi).

I would be disappointed if either of them return to the light. I think it cheapens Anakin's story (another thing I personally didn't like about Kylo)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This, or might even be as simple as she took her mother's name.
Belton Ag
AG
Their last names are connected, though. It could be that I'm overthinking it and Filoni just thought it was cool sounding.
bobinator
AG
No I think that's very much on purpose. Could also be a thing though where they created a psuedonym for her for whatever reason. Didn't want people tracking her down, knowing she's his daughter, whatever. Could be lots of reasons for a name change.

I think if either of them is likely to 'come back to the light' though it's her. He seems pretty resigned to this life he's created and the path he's on, she seemed much more "are we sure about this...?" in these first two episodes.

I've also partially talked myself into a theory where he knows about the world between worlds and thinks he can use it to save the wife/mom and that's why he's along for this ride even though he doesn't agree with Morgan/Thrawn.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, do we think Sabine dies or fails as a Padawan, and Jacen Syndulla is set up as the new Padawan at the end of the season? Or is that too obvious.
The Porkchop Express
I dont think filoni is killing off arguably his second favorite character for some kid we have seen 2 seconds of.
bobinator
AG
it ends with Sabine and Ezra teaming up to go on adventures in the far reaches of the known universe.

Then we get a post credit scene... it's Ashoka coming to visit Hera about Jacen.

"Hera, I know you want to protect him, but he's too important for the future. You can't keep him from his destiny. Trust me, Luke Skywalker is running the school, so you know it's safe! And even Leia's kid is going there! What could go wrong?"
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

it ends with Sabine and Ezra teaming up to go on adventures in the far reaches of the known universe.

Then we get a post credit scene... it's Ashoka coming to visit Hera about Jacen.

"Hera, I know you want to protect him, but he's too important for the future. You can't keep him from his destiny. Trust me, Luke Skywalker is running the school, so you know it's safe! And even Leia's kid is going there! What could go wrong?"
This is probably the reason they will all ride off into the sunset doing anything other than training with Luke. None of them are going to be present when Kylo goes murder hobo and Luke goes MIA.

Just like Grogu.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

No one with any sense thinks Ezra is Marrok

Edit: I suppose it could be done Fast and Furious sh_t where he goes deep under cover to ultimately thwart whatever plans Thrawn has....

... but you'd need a really, really good explanation as to how he returned
Belton Ag
AG

Quote:

I think if either of them is likely to 'come back to the light' though it's her. He seems pretty resigned to this life he's created and the path he's on, she seemed much more "are we sure about this...?" in these first two episodes.
This is where I'm at.

Quote:

I've also partially talked myself into a theory where he knows about the world between worlds and thinks he can use it to save the wife/mom and that's why he's along for this ride even though he doesn't agree with Morgan/Thrawn.
That's interesting. I don't know if there's enough runtime to delve into his character that deep though.
bobinator
AG
Hm, on the surface this wouldn't make much sense, but my idea last year for this show was that the bad guys were looking for Thrawn and the good guys were looking for Ezra and the coolest thing that could happen is for them to find them working together against some new threat. This could work for that.

I do think there's something to the "whispers of Thrawn's return." That only makes sense at all if Thrawn is in contact somehow with the people in the current galaxy. There's a scene in the Mandalorian that could go either way on that depending on if you think the imperial guy is lying.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Probably a better route. Good call.
LPHA
AG
Quote:

somehow?
bobinator
AG
Yeah I actually think how isn't that big of a deal here compared to why. Can think of a 'how' that doesn't even crack the top twenty of Star Wars' "wait, what?' moments.
powerbelly
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

No one with any sense thinks Ezra is Marrok

Edit: I suppose it could be done Fast and Furious sh_t where he goes deep under cover to ultimately thwart whatever plans Thrawn has....

Tinfoil hat - Ezra being force sensitive can travel between worlds like we saw when he rescued Ahsoka from Vader. But Thrawn cannot. Thrawn "turns" Ezra and convences him to travel between worlds and then bring Thrawn back another way. - Tinfoil hat off.

I don't think it will happen that way, and I hate it, but I won't put anything past the franchise that brought us "somehow palpatine returned"
bobinator
AG
You don't need to create any insane time traveling world-between-worlds stuff for this, Ezra is practically the purrgil whisperer, they could have just jumped him back.
jeffk
AG
Thrawn and Ezra fell in love and started a family and that's why they never came back.
GreasenUSA
AG
jeffk said:

Thrawn and Ezra fell in love and started a family and that's why they never came back.
jeffk
AG
Their purgill kids (Peter, Petunia, Polly, and Penelope) are just the cutest.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Morgan had been building what appears to be an intergalactic vessel to retrieve Thrawn, so whispers of Thrawn's return could have come from anyone who knew what that project was about.

I forget how the conversation between imperial warlords in Mando S3 went… but I remember Palleon gossiping about Thrawn.
bluefire579
AG
Speaking of tinfoil theories, I caught one today suggesting that the Inquisitor might be Starkiller, using the basis that Sam Witwer, who voiced him in the games, was listed in the credits as "Additional Voices" and that Dave Filoni apparently has considered bringing the character into the canon as an Inquisitor as far back as the original run of Rebels.

Highly doubtful (I'm betting the inquisitor is just going to be fodder for the team), but I wouldn't be opposed to them fitting him in somewhere, though they'd probably have to nerf him a bit
bobinator
AG
Maybe, it goes back to wishing we got a better explanation of why exactly Morgan thinks he's at that location.
cbr
AG
Red Five said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Quote:

A space whale that can travel faster than light.

That sounds like something that would turn me off the entire series pretty quickly.
I agree. It's the kind of fantastical nonsense that completely ruins the believability of a story about space wizards with laser swords.
lol, while your point is made, let's get real: we know really stupid **** when we see it, and faster than light space whales does get pretty far into the 'marry poppins lea' territory.

Belton Ag
AG
jeffk said:

Disney+ newest progressive sitcom… Meet the Purrgils!
The Porkchop Express
Marrok feels like your basic Boba Fett type who looks cool and gets cast as a threat up until the time that Ahsoka guts him halfway through the season, setting up the real fight with Baylon / his cousin's niece. If he's a former inquisitor, he probably just kept the lightsaber and the suit when the Empire fell and wound up with Baylon as a hired gun.

The thing about Thrawn, assuming they're being true to his origins, is that he won't make a move until conditions are exactly the way he wants them. So if he is contacting Morgan Elsbeth it's because he's got himself some kind of ready-made army out there that's going to come back with him and be ready to start stirring **** up.

I'm hopeful that they showed us the hologram Ezra with Sabine because when we meet real Ezra, he's got a giant beard and long hair and has gone native on some planet out there, leading his own Rebellion vs. Thrawn.

Obviously being stranded in another galaxy makes for strange bedfellows, but Ezra straight up hates Thrawn by the end of Rebels, largely because he's stolen extremely precious art from Hera's family - like the British ripping off the Egyptians and others to "study their culture" and has stolen a bunch of Sabine's stuff as well. He's fully ready to die as long as he takes Thrawn with him at the end of Rebels. Barring a situation where they immediately run into something much nastier than themselves right after the jump, it's hard to imagine them working together.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Harrison Ford + Keir Dullea = Hera Syndulla

bobinator
AG
I assumed the hologram was so we'd know what he looked like when we see him. Especially for the non-Rebels watchers.

I also don't think it's that far fetched that they'd be working together. It's been however many years they've been out there and it's not like Ezra is gonna murder him in cold blood on arrival. He might have been ready to die with him but that's different than killing him.

But Thrawn is an interesting and complicated character and I think there's a real opportunity to do something with him other than him just being another big bad with a big secret army. Especially because he's not really a true believer in the empire the same way some other characters are.
The Porkchop Express
There's a brief teaser for Episode 3 on reddit, no sound, and no major spoilers, but pretty exciting stuff is afoot tomorrow night.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Star Wars leaks subreddit has a link to an X post with the trailer for episode 3.
The Porkchop Express
jabberwalkie09 said:

Star Wars leaks subreddit has a link to an X post with the trailer for episode 3.

We are talking about the same thing.
ArmyAg2002
AG
I think Ezra will take the place of the Joruus C'Both character from the Thrawn Novels.
PatAg
AG
ArmyAg2002 said:

I think Ezra will take the place of the Joruus C'Both character from the Thrawn Novels.
Not repeating all the beats of that story, but the overall gist of it could be an interesting route to go.
Saxsoon
AG
Dis gun be gud (after seeing promo)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.