*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,177 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, the only piece of that puzzle that hasn't been spelled out in this show is that it was the Purrgil themselves that zapped Ezra and Thrawn away.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
bobinator said:

There's like a 95% chance that the first time we see Sabine use the force it's going to be in some super dramatic way right? Like she's not going to lift a rock or something, it's gonna be dramatic and a bunch of people are going to hate it yes?

She senses where Erza actually is, or she grows out her hair on command.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
Mathguy64
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, the only piece of that puzzle that hasn't been spelled out in this show is that it was the Purrgil themselves that zapped Ezra and Thrawn away.
More specifically that Ezra asked them to. He is the Purrgil whisperer.
bobinator
AG
Whoa, I called him that a page or so ago, don't use my own phrases against me!

But yes, it's a strange decision by this show even though it probably ultimately won't matter. You'd think for the non-Rebels watchers they'd have recapped what happened during that conversation with Hera and Ahsoka about the map. But all we got was Hera saying "he died during the battle of Lothal" and Ahsoka saying "his death was never confirmed." If you didn't watch Rebels is makes it sound like their ship crashed and they didn't find the body.

It would also be one thing if none of the other characters witnessed what happened, but Hera and Sabine saw it happen.
The Porkchop Express
bobinator said:

It would also be one thing if none of the other characters witnessed what happened, but Hera and Sabine saw it happen.
The Star Destroyer is on fire, missing half of its main structure, and the Purgill have smashed several windows on the bridge when they jump to hyperspace. The normal being who witnesses a ship with the bridge exposed to the atmosphere jump into hyperspace would certainly think everyone on board was dead.

The window smashing starts at 0:21 in the video, and you get a great look at how much damage the Chimera has taken at the 1:14 mark.
Rewatching it, I get the gut feeling Thrawn has been studying the Purgils for a while, maybe even captured one. That dude hates not understanding how something works.

redline248
AG
I forgot Thrawn shot him.
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

Think we'll get a Captain Rex sighting?
redline248
AG
That would be something, although can you imagine all the casuals going "why is Boba Fett in this?"

Question about this show: was the hologram of Ezra that Sabine watched something new for the show, or was it in Rebels? I thought I remembered it in Rebels but I can't find it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That holo message seems to be created specifically for the show/Sabine. I just watched Ezra's message to the crew from the finale and Basically Ezra said that he was counting on her but that she wasn't sure for what. In the epilogue she said she thought it was for her to protect Lothal and her people.

Whether or not that message was something recorded separately for her and we didn't get to see it or not in Rebels, don't know. At this point I'm not sure that really matters. Natasha/Sabine has talked a lot about how where Sabine is is different than where she was in Rebels and that even though she was considered a hero of the Battle of Lothal, that she may not consider herself that.

To some degree, I think that is lines up with what we have seen so far. I think that is also more apparent when we take what Ahsoka said about Sabine being herself into account.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

redline248 said:

I can only imagine how old Rex would be, physically, at this point. I'd enjoy seeing him and interaction with Ahsoka but I think at this point Rex would be long retired and have hung up his blasters unless he was going to be a relunctant master strategist IMO.
redline248
AG
Yeah I don't think it matters, either, was just trying to clarify it for myself. This show probably is going to focus on some self discovery for Sabine.

By the way, how long do you think it would take Ahsoka to be all, "you know, I met another Mandalorian a little bit like you" over dinner or something?
PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

Whoa, I called him that a page or so ago, don't use my own phrases against me!

But yes, it's a strange decision by this show even though it probably ultimately won't matter. You'd think for the non-Rebels watchers they'd have recapped what happened during that conversation with Hera and Ahsoka about the map. But all we got was Hera saying "he died during the battle of Lothal" and Ahsoka saying "his death was never confirmed." If you didn't watch Rebels is makes it sound like their ship crashed and they didn't find the body.

I think they opted to lean into the mysterious disappearance part of it, which is definitely a valid way to tell the story. I actually liked at first that it was more dropping hints and context clues slowly, so that the viewer WANTS to know what happened to make them so sad.

But now I just wish I had seen that intro in live action.
exitone
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

redline248 said:

I can only imagine how old Rex would be, physically, at this point. I'd enjoy seeing him and interaction with Ahsoka but I think at this point Rex would be long retired and have hung up his blasters unless he was going to be a relunctant master strategist IMO.

It's only a few years after this…

/revision/latest?cb=20130410112935&path-prefix=nl

jabberwalkie09
AG
Normally I'd comment about it not being the age but the mileage; however, in this case I think both are applicable due to his service career and also the accelerate aging of clones.
The Porkchop Express
There's smoke online that he's in it.
bobinator
AG
I'm like 90% sure the hologram was put in just as a way for the audience to recognize Ezra later on so that when he dramatically appears we don't have to have another character say his name out loud.
Belton Ag
AG
"Ezra? Ezra Bridger you old so and so! How the heck are ya?"
bobinator
AG
I guess. It just seems weird to me that part of the audience knows exactly what happened and part has no idea on something so central to the plot. Like the non-rebels watchers have to be wondering what in the world happened that not only did they disappear but they're possibly in the next galaxy over.
redline248
AG
Belton Ag said:

"Ezra? Ezra Bridger? you old so and so! How the heck are ya? My goodness you've grown."
Fixed it for Sabine
bobinator
AG
I was imagining more of a "Jesus Christ that's Ezra Bridger"

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ahsoka walks into bar.

Ezra- "Ahsoka Tano, you son of a *****."
Ahsoka- "Need some people for a thing, Ezra."
Ezra- "The name's Azre these days, I play valachord."
Bar owner- "Hey Azre, play your valachord."
Ezra- "I quit"

ezra force pushes valachord into bar owner

"And the name's Ezra."

Ezra fist bumps with Ahsoka

The Collective
AG
Belton Ag said:

"Ezra? Ezra Bridger you old so and so! How the heck are ya?"

Ezra Bridger, hey, whaddya know?

Flashdiaz
AG
hmmm. Forgot about the window breaking and all... wonder if they're going to explain how they jumped to hyperspace without windows in the bridge and survived going through hyperspace and coming out in the cold vacuum of space.

I suppose an easy out is Ezra gets knocked back through the blast doors along with Thrawn then the doors close to seal off the exposed bridge from the rest of the ship.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator said:

I'm like 90% sure the hologram was put in just as a way for the audience to recognize Ezra later on so that when he dramatically appears we don't have to have another character say his name out loud.

Weird casting choice, too. Guy looked about 30.
Mathguy64
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

bobinator said:

Weird casting choice, too. Guy looked about 30.
But that's not far off. Ezra was what? 15 or so at the end. He would be mid/late 20's now.
KCup17
AG
The New Republic doing a great job at being incompetent. This show gonna make an in road for the First Order to come to power.
Belton Ag
AG
KCup17 said:

The New Republic doing a great job at being incompetent. This show gonna make an in road for the First Order to come to power.
Honestly, after seeing what I saw from The Force Awakens and this little scene, I think they deserve to get taken over by the First Order.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But he recorded that before the big time jump. It was during Rebels.

Edit: I guess you mean for current timeline. For that holo, maybe some de-aging could've helped.
KCup17
AG
Oh 100%. Something that I've realized in watching this show is that I really don't care at all about the New Republic or really any of the big galactic governments. I'm just rooting for the characters that I've come to know and love.
Faustus

Some of us have waited 30+ years to see a live-action Thrawn, putting him in the first scene of the series would have been cheap.

I believe the general message that Filoni is sending about some of the dynamics is that if you didn't watch Rebels in the past 10 years, tough ****ing *****
Weird that they have five asterisks for the last expletive.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Faustus said:

Some of us have waited 30+ years to see a live-action Thrawn, putting him in the first scene of the series would have been cheap.

I believe the general message that Filoni is sending about some of the dynamics is that if you didn't watch Rebels in the past 10 years, tough ****ing *****
Weird that they have five asterisks for the last expletive.

The filter is weird in that it applies an asterisk to the punctuation following any filtered word.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
kdm_01 said:

To me it sounded like Ashoka told Sabine (and viewers) that the force is in everyone and talent is not required. That through training anyone(?!) can use the force. Feels contradictory.

She literally said talent is a factor.
Moral High Horse
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

kdm_01 said:

To me it sounded like Ashoka told Sabine (and viewers) that the force is in everyone and talent is not required. That through training anyone(?!) can use the force. Feels contradictory.

Does Talent = Midichloriant level ?

Also I don't know why i just checked this, but Ezra Bridger and Luke are the same age. Both born 19 BBY my mind is blown.....
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
redline248
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

kdm_01 said:

Does Talent = Midichloriant level ?

Also I don't know why i just checked this, but Ezra Bridger and Luke are the same age. Both born 19 BBY my mind is blown.....
When Rebels was on I always had the feeling that Ezra was older. Like when he went to stop Maul on Tatooine and met Obi-Wan, it felt like Luke was still really young. I guess I didn't pay close attention.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.