*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,141 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This episode was the best Star Wars since Rogue One.

The previous was vey good in the Anankin/Snips/Ahsoka scenes. Very good.

But this was just outstanding.

LB12Diamond
AG
"Die well"

Solid line for a storm trooper

The convo between Baylan and Shin when they were first alone was pretty interesting.
Saxsoon
AG
The purgil graveyard and that being the purpose of Peridia was really cool.

Thrawn was perfection.

Ezra kinda was as perfect as you can get with the aging from a teen
Madmarttigan
AG
Ezra was easily the most cartoony character of the entire rebels series so it will be a little hard for them to be the same. He was also just a kid. I thought Ezra seemed fine and still seemed to carry the same Lightheartedness and hopefulness despite everything that has happened to him. I really hope him and Sabine get into it over her decision or it's a wasted moment to me.
willis01
Baylan Skoll, the anti-hero Star Wars deserves...?

He seeks, "The Beginning." He's going to reboot the franchise!

Well, let's hope for the sequel trilogy, at least.
wangus12
AG
LB12Diamond said:

"Die well"

The convo between Baylan and Shin when they were first alone was pretty interesting.
I think Baylan and Shin are gonna have a showdown at some point. He's after some bigger power, but I think her thoughts are more in line with bringing the Empire back.
OKCAg2002
AG
willis01 said:

I really love his character. It's so sad the actor died so we won't see him again.
Saxsoon
AG
If Filoni wants to continue Baylons story I have no doubt it would continue in animation.
maroon barchetta
OKCAg2002 said:

willis01 said:

I really love his character. It's so sad the actor died so we won't see him again.

Wait.

What?
OKCAg2002
AG
Yeah. Ray Stevenson passed away on May 21. No cause has been released.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Stevenson
The Collective
AG
I really appreciate that Disney + doesn't put the episode name on the app or display it on the pause screen.
bobinator
AG
Seems more to me like she doesn't have any thoughts at all. She's confused about what they're after in like every single scene.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
wangus12 said:

LB12Diamond said:

"Die well"

I think Baylan and Shin are gonna have a showdown at some point. He's after some bigger power, but I think her thoughts are more in line with bringing the Empire back.

You think so? I think she's much more of a honorable person than Baylan based on her portrayal thus far. He seems cynical to the point of just doing what is necessary to get what he wants. She seems like she grew up hating what the Jedi Order was, but seems a little betrayed that Baylan is violating the spirit of the deal between Sabine and himself, if not the letter.
jabberwalkie09
AG
bobinator said:

Seems more to me like she doesn't have any thoughts at all. She's confused about what they're after in like every single scene.

Her thoughts are mostly violence centric in appearance to me. Hack and slash through to get what you need/want basically. It sounds like Baylan is trying to moderate that to a degree but her tendencies are pretty strong and it doesn't sound like she really has a greater understanding of history and the galaxy at large.
bobinator
AG
I was trying to figure out last night if Thrawn should already know that Anakin was Ahsoka's master. Yes, right? You'd think that would be fairly common military knowledge regarding Anakin.
bobinator
AG
Yeah she's a really mysterious character so far. Obviously doesn't mind jumping into a fight. Is being kept in the dark about their true mission.

Still think she's probably his daughter.
jabberwalkie09
AG
bobinator said:

I was trying to figure out last night if Thrawn should already know that Anakin was Ahsoka's master. Yes, right? You'd think that would be fairly common military knowledge regarding Anakin.

Yes, he knows who Vader is under the helmet iirc. Thrawn is going to mess with Ahsoka hard. I think that's a big reason we had the episode with Anakin's lesson for Ahsoka.

And outside of him and Tarkin, I don't think who Vader was, was widely known within the empire's ranks.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm ready for Enoch to get the mask destroyed.

bobinator
AG
I know that, that's kind of what I'm saying. It would be pretty wild for him to be able to piece together that Anakin and Vader are the same person, which is supposed to be a mega secret, but not know that Ahsoka was Anakin's padawan. I mean they literally went into battle together it's not like she was his apprentice during peacetime and they were wondering the far side of the galaxy or something.
ABATTBQ11
AG
wangus12 said:

LB12Diamond said:

"Die well"

I don't think so. I still think she's his daughter or something. She seems angry and revengy.
The Collective
AG
I don't get Shin's character at all, and she seems to have one emotion / look just like Morgan Elsbeth.
Dro07
AG
Bet she is Rey's mom
dave94
AG
bobinator said:

She does always have the same WTF is going on look.

She's like a more eastern-european looking Scarlett Johansson, i.e. very attractive (despite some on this board's opinions, lol).
jabberwalkie09
AG
Just realized that Claudia Black was one of the witches, Klothow, on Peridia. Farscape, Stargate, Uncharted, and Pitch Black in her history.
The Porkchop Express
bobinator said:

Well bobinator, thanks for making me waste 20 minutes on this Bolded dates are important ones for the discussion, the rest is just there because I'm a nerd.

Here's what I pieced together, and it definitely leave a big window for Thrawn not knowing Ahsoka's connection to Anakin.

BBY / ABY mean before and after the Battle of Yavin if you don't know.

59 BBY - Thrawn born
40 BBY - Anakin born

37 BBY - Thrawn graduates from Chiss Academy
32 BBY - Qui-Gon encounters Anakin and starts his Jedi training
22 BBY - Anakin takes on Ahsoka as his Padawan

19 BBY - Thrawn, still working for the Chiss, crosses paths with Anakin while the latter is searching for Padme on Batu (hint, she was stuck in line for Rise of the Resistance). According to the timeline, this takes a place a few months after Ahsoka leaves the Jedi Order, so it would seem likely that Anakin would make no mention of it to Thrawn, as he no longer had a Padawan.

19 BBY - Anakin betrays the Jedi, Order 66 happens
15 BBY - Thrawn fakes his exile and is found by the Empire
12 BBY - Thrawn takes command of the Chimaera, promoted to Commodore
?? BBY - Thrawn promoted to Grand Admiral

4 BBY - Rebel agent Fulcrum revealed to be Ahsoka Tano
3 BBY - Ahsoka fights Vader, fate left uncertain, we don't see her again until Ezra saves her in the World between Worlds in 1 BBY.

2 BBY - Thrawn meets Darth Vader on Coruscant
2 BBY - Thrawn and Vader take the 501st and the Chimaera back to Batu. Thrawn spends much of the book figuring out that it's Skywalker under the mask, but when he tries to subtly tell Vader he knows, Vader gives him the ol' Chokey Choke and warns him off.

2 BBY - Thrawn sent to Lothal to put down the Rebel insurgency there and defeat Phoenix Squadron. But this is after Ahsoka was Fulcrum and has vanished after her duel with Vader. By now, Agent Kallus is the new Fulcrum, working under Thrawn, and he meets Ezra, Hera, and Sabine at various points
1 BBY - Thrawn and Ezra disappear into the Unknown Regions

4 ABY - Vader dies
9 ABY - Din Djarin encounters Ahsoka while she is attempting to capture Morgan Elsbeth

While it might be by complete fluke, a guy like Filoni will be totally aware that Thrawn and Ahsoka had no reason to ever meet, and when she was active with Anakin from 22-19 BBY, he was in a different galaxy and not in any way connected to the Empire.

When Ahsoka reemereged helping the Alliance, she had a code name that not even most of the Alliance knew, and Thrawn didn't get to Lothal until after she had vanished again.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
The Collective said:

I don't get Shin's character at all, and she seems to have one emotion / look just like Morgan Elsbeth.
Yep really can't stand either of these two characters. They just look psychotic all the time. And the morgan lady she always has this almost lustful grin and everything she says is monotone and overly dramatic it seems. And I guess this weird "Night Sister" thing is something you had to watch the cartoons for, but I just don't get it. Overall I'm enjoying the show, but it's pulling in a lot of material that it seems you really need to understand the backstory to get and it makes it harder for some of us to really follow.
wangus12
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

willis01 said:

Hear me out

hunter2012
AG
No context spoilers from reddit:
SouthTex99
AG
hunter2012
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
SouthTex99 said:

Is Thrawn force sensitive? Doesn't seem so. What makes him such a baddy?

Strategery
Dro07
AG
He learns about cultures and different peoples to exploit their weaknesses and is ruthless and methodical when doing so
KCup17
AG
I really love the peak behind the curtain into Baylan's character. Really interested to see what greater power he is referring to.
Overall good episode. Although I am less intimidated by live action Thrawn than I thought I would be.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Dro07 said:

Bet she is Rey's mom

Would make sense...
The Porkchop Express
I demand a blue star if you're a Zahn reader and you questioned last night if that was really Thrawn, or perhaps, only Flim in disguise?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.