*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,123 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zeb in Mando definitely felt like a test drive to make sure people didn't think he looked like *****

It's not like you have to have his full rendered face in every single shot. It can be a practical mask / guy in suit for everything else.

He's Ezra's closest friend on the crew, although Ezra is proactively trying to bone Sabine for the first few seasons. I wonder if they'll put some romance between the two of them when they meet back up now that Ezra is a grownup?
redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Zeb in Mando definitely felt like a test drive to make sure people didn't think he looked like *****

It's not like you have to have his full rendered face in every single shot. It can be a practical mask / guy in suit for everything else.

He's Ezra's closest friend on the crew, although Ezra is proactively trying to bone Sabine for the first few seasons. I wonder if they'll put some romance between the two of them when they meet back up now that Ezra is a grownup?
Bruh...Sabine was for sure feelin' it when Ezra was about to peace out.
jeffk
AG
What happened to Kanan's lightsaber?
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Bruh...Sabine was for sure feelin' it when Ezra was about to peace out.
Yep, he definitely has earned some "thanks for saving lothaal" sex when they meet again.
The Porkchop Express
jeffk said:

What happened to Kanan's lightsaber?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All the episodes of Ahsoka are written by Filoni. In other words, I don't think we'll have to worry too much about bad writing.
Mathguy64
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

All the episodes of Ahsoka are written by Filoni. In other words, I don't think we'll have to worry too much about bad writing.

As long as Kathleen Kennedy didn't exercise her editorial talents.
jeffk
AG
Happy Chopper Day to all who celebrate.
The Porkchop Express
It was on November 13, 2020, that Ahoska Tano's name was spoken into real-live Star Wars action by my girl Bo-Katan Kryze at the end of Chapter 11: The Heiress.

Two episodes later, we got Rosario Dawson embodying Anakin Skywalker's former Padawan like a boss, spinning two lightsabers, making tears well up in our eyes with her heavy-hearted reference to what strong attachment can do to a Jedi, "to the best of us." and ultimately sending Mando and Grogu off to meet Boba Fett, and ultimately Luke Mother****ing Skywalker.

And as gorgeous as all that was, the real moment of her episode that suggested that the best was possibly yet to come came late in the game, when she disarmed and defeated Morgan Elsbeth in 1:1 combat and uttered those five words I never thought I would hear outside of a book or an animated show.

WHERE IS GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN?

I took about 3 months off Texags earlier this year to handle some legal business, but throughout those days, I have looked forward to being on this thread on this day to talk about this show and celebrate the wonderful world of Rebels and the EU that spawned the legendary Chiss outcast known as Mitth'raw'nuruodo more than 30 years ago.

There are a few of you guys who I've been talking about Rebels with for almost a decade, and who like me read through every book (for good or terrible) for the last 3 decades. So excited to be able to share this show and this journey with everyone.

I leave you with my favorite Star Wars reactors (Jay and Adam) response to Ahoska mention Thrawn almost 4 years ago - NSFW - which accurately sums up my emotional state 8 hours before the premiere.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Previewed guys are my favorite as well. Dudes are hilarious and it's funny/endearing how easily Jay tears up.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Previewed guys are my favorite as well. Dudes are hilarious and it's funny/endearing how easily Jay tears up.
They are the most accurate representation of my fandom and physical appearance, combining Adam's nerd glasses with Jay's obesity.
i is smart
AG
I need a Chopper war crime.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright, I'm getting pretty hyped now. I hadn't really had a ton of excitement about this show, but now that I'm basically caught on up everything about her, and now that it's so close, I'm excited.

Plus, it helps that it's written by Dave Filoni. Even for Obi-Wan, my favorite character, I was always just a little bit worried about its writer and directors before it started airing. Not so here.

It feels like we're getting a full-length, brand new Star Wars movie tonight. (And in primetime, no less!)

Let's goooo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Btw, you probably saw this but they just started watching Rebels yesterday.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I am going to watch the 30 minute ScreenCrush video.

I still haven't gotten around to Mando S3 given the mixed reviews and other priorities. Do I need to watch it prior to starting Ahsoka?
TCTTS
AG
No, you'll be fine. I don't remember there being a single plot point pertaining to this story. The ScreenCrush video will be more than enough.
The Porkchop Express
DonaldFDraper said:

I am going to watch the 30 minute ScreenCrush video.

I still haven't gotten around to Mando S3 given the mixed reviews and other priorities. Do I need to watch it prior to starting Ahsoka?
Ahsoka cuts Grogu's head off in the first episode, but otherwise you are fine.
ChipFTAC01
AG
This premieres tonight?
Madmarttigan
AG
8 central I believe

Hyped
Formerly tv1113
AliasMan02
AG
jeffk said:

Happy Chopper Day to all who celebrate.

I want to see a live action Chopper war crime more than anything in the world.
twilly
AG
Confirmed. Premiers 8pm Central
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Great start
bluefire579
AG
Are we considering this a spoiler thread?
maca1028
Starting now, please be good!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Episode one thoughts... (Spoilers)

A solid start, if a little slow.

It was cool seeing that meeting room from ROTJ.

Sabine is super hot. And no way she dies this soon. Also, I take it her Jedi training was all post-Rebels, right? Never saw any indication that she was force sensitive in Rebels.

Nice little Death Proof reunion.

Onto episode 2.
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Episode one thoughts... (Spoilers)

A solid start, if a little slow.

It was cool seeing that meeting room from ROTJ.

Sabine is super hot. And no way she dies this soon. Also, I take it her Jedi training was all post-Rebels, right? Never saw any indication that she was force sensitive in Rebels.

Nice little Death Proof reunion.

Onto episode 2.
I mean she was trained to use the Darksaber by Kanan. But all this stuff with Ahsoka is new
bluefire579
AG
This is our first live action Nightsister, right?
Saxsoon
AG
bluefire579 said:

This is our first live action Nightsister, right?
Mando did it first
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, no need for spoiler tags. In almost all TV threads, save for binge drops, if an episode has started airing it's fair game.
Silvertaps
AG
Some George Lucas Raiders of the Lost Ark influence in Ep 1.
Saxsoon
AG
Silvertaps said:

I thought that might have been one of the best homages to RotLA
jabberwalkie09
AG
Silvertaps said:

Same, really like this.
jeffk
AG
I'll post more thoughts tomorrow but that was a really solid start. Tons of homages and call-backs as well as some awesome new stuff. Hope they keep this pacing up.
Saxsoon
AG
That was some solid Star Wars

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.