*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,168 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved:
- The fight choreography for Ahsoka vs Morgan
- Zombie troopers & nightsister magic
- Hera's reaction at seeing Ezra
- Thrawn's tie fighters taking out Ahsoka's ship (not doing this the previous episode annoyed me to end)

Didn't love:
- Ahsoka's ship arriving just in time to get them off the tower
- How narrowly Thrawn's plan worked and how much he seemed to be getting frustrated. This series did not sell me on Thrawn being a military genius and galactic threat the same way Heir of the Empire did. Once the caskets are onboard, why not go lock into the ring in orbit? (Or in atmosphere, but not on the tower?) Why did the star destroyer gain altitude so slowly? Why didn't he have better defenses at the fortress? They really need to do a better job with this character going forward. This was driving me nuts.
- Sabine suddenly clicking with the force and throwing Ezra onto the star destroyer

Overall, I really enjoyed the show. It's not in Andor's orbit, but it was far better than Mando S3 or Boba Fett.

I do wonder what they'll do with Baylan. +1 to every positive comment about his character and performance. I hope they recast the character so we can see more of him, but I struggle to imagine anyone filling those shoes as perfectly as Ray Stevenson did

I also wonder how they'll address the whereabouts of the original gang (Chewie, Han, Leia, Luke, etc) once Thrawn begins his assault on the main Galaxy. Will the first step of Thrawn's plan be to lock them in the quantum realm so they can't threaten him (and so we aren't constantly asking where they are)? Are we going to see them recast, or more deep fakes? They'll have to figure something out. And I hope Thrawn is more competent in future appearances than he was this season.
Thanks and gig'em
PatAg
AG
One thing I thought was great about this show, is that it really went heavy into the Force/Magic part of Star Wars...in a way that Andor leaned in the drama of the universe. It wasnt just the standard Star Wars we have mostly gotten (that we all love), but it was fun to see something new
jokershady
AG
So I'm posting this having not read any reactions from y'all…..

Man….that kinda sucked. It wasn't BoBF ending bad but I'd say they definitely didn't stick the landing here….

Issues:

1. Why in the hell at the beginning was Ezra, Ashoka, and Sabine just putting along with the teenage turtle rejects???? They weren't necessary in the fight so who gives a crap sprint your little ship over there!!! They wait until the ship is messed up then all of a sudden, "oh crap look at the time we need to hurry jump on our wolves (which where the hell were they at anyways) and actually hurry now"…..the hell man???

2. Why did the storm troopers stop shooting??? Good grief you've got arguably one of the most power Jedi's to exist on the ropes and it's like, "nah dude….this'll be cool let's just watch we can't hit crap anyways…..besides it's a chick fight and I haven't seen a women in about a billion parsecs." Makes no friggin sense.

3. Why make a big deal about Morgan being a "sister." You gave her a green flammy sword….big deal…..I was hoping she'd at least do some of that green magic stuff from clone wars or here's a cool idea…..have her reanimating dead storm troopers while fighting Ashoka and make it interesting…..

4. Small but good grief taken the stormtrooper costume off Ezra…..did Bill Murray teach you nothing from Zombieland?????

5. None! Zero payoff from all the build up of Baylan and his abandoned white fifth element. The most interesting character from this show ends up getting about 10 seconds of screen time and zero dialogue about what the hell is plan was with wanting to stay on the planet….

Good grief can Andor S2 hurry up and get here already…..
PatAg
AG
jokershady said:

So I'm posting this having not read any reactions from y'all…..

Man….that kinda sucked. It wasn't BoBF ending bad but I'd say they definitely didn't stick the landing here….

Issues:

1. Why in the hell at the beginning was Ezra, Ashoka, and Sabine just putting along with the teenage turtle rejects???? They weren't necessary in the fight so who gives a crap sprint your little ship over there!!! They wait until the ship is messed up then all of a sudden, "oh crap look at the time we need to hurry jump on our wolves (which where the hell were they at anyways) and actually hurry now"…..the hell man???

2. Why did the storm troopers stop shooting??? Good grief you've got arguably one of the most power Jedi's to exist on the ropes and it's like, "nah dude….this'll be cool let's just watch we can't hit crap anyways…..besides it's a chick fight and I haven't seen a women in about a billion parsecs." Makes no friggin sense.

3. Why make a big deal about Morgan being a "sister." You gave her a green flammy sword….big deal…..I was hoping she'd at least do some of that green magic stuff from clone wars or here's a cool idea…..have her reanimating dead storm troopers while fighting Ashoka and make it interesting…..

4. Small but good grief taken the stormtrooper costume off Ezra…..did Bill Murray teach you nothing from Zombieland?????

5. None! Zero payoff from all the build up of Baylan and his abandoned white fifth element. The most interesting character from this show ends up getting about 10 seconds of screen time and zero dialogue about what the hell is plan was with wanting to stay on the planet….

Good grief can Andor S2 hurry up and get here already…..
none of this is really wrong either
The Porkchop Express
ABATTBQ11 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok so what was up with those giant statues at the end?

Baylan is straight up in Lord of the Rings, and I loved it.

I said out loud in our media room, "Spilner's going to love this" and my daughter said, "Who is Spilner?" and I was like uhhhh, it's a long story.

The statues are of the Mortis Gods from Clone Wars.
KCup17
AG
Disney+ has got to do a better job with these finales. This is another case where the finale fell flat both from an emotional sense and story telling sense. And it kind of jaded my feelings of this show.
Moral High Horse

redline248
AG
No one thinks Boba Fett was better
exitone
AG
Its after Andor and either before or tied with Mando (depending on the season of Mando).
Moral High Horse
redline248 said:

No one thinks Boba Fett was better

Yeah, I definitely would have put boba near or at the bottom. I didn't make the image.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Swap Ahsoka and Boba Fett.

Haven't seen Visions, so no opinion.
powerbelly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Visions is very hit or miss. Some are great and some are terrible.
The Porkchop Express
Cue Spilner trying to catch on Visions in 2033 when they make a live action version.
Moral High Horse
Never forget

jokershady
AG
powerbelly said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Visions is very hit or miss. Some are great and some are terrible.
first season of Visions i agree is hit or miss....

but season 2.....holy crap they really upped their game and i enjoyed all those episodes
jokershady
AG
crap realized in my hate filled state for this show i was blinded and missed two other points of suckitude from this season 1 finale....

6. I figured they were going to have sabine use the force....wasn't going to like it but it was built up enough over the course of the season that i expected not only for her to use it, but for it to be in a pivotal moment with a lightsaber so that didn't annoy me too much........BUT........not just a few minutes later and now she's all, "psssh i got this Ezra trust me." girl you aint Mary Sue Rey! you've sucked it up from a force standpoint this entire show, been called out on that fact by several people, and even admitted it yourself......but because you got one bloody thing right all of a sudden now you can force push ezra into a moving star destoryer......not buying it....

7. a lot of the fight choreography was just bad....now NOT ALL OF IT WAS.....the first fight sequence between Ashoka and Morgan when they were downstairs was pretty awesome.....but everything else felt weak.....for example: when ezra, ashoka, and sabine enter the tomb or whatever, theres a bunch of storm troopers waiting and they all start blasting away.....that couldve been so much cooler to look at if they actually looked cool deflecting the blasters but it more closely resembled the videos ive seen of people doing lightsaber training at the disney star wars hotel....the prequels did this stuff SO MUCH BETTER and we've really yet to see it since....

on top of that, i promise you there was a moment where when sabine was fighting the storm troopers on the roof....one of them got up while still holding his blaster, ran right up to sabine just so she could stab and kill him.....dude had a blaster....didnt use it.....runs up to chick with a sword and gets taken out......

man i was in to this show but this was a stinker way to end it.....

normally i'd be looking forward to an episode breakdown of this show but now all im looking forward to is the inevitable critical drinker episode where he'll tear this thing apart
redline248
AG
Quote:

ne of them got up while still holding his blaster, ran right up to sabine just so she could stab and kill him.....dude had a blaster....didnt use it.....runs up to chick with a sword and gets taken out.....
I have complained about this before, and it's not just this show. Hollywood loves to have people with guns get too close to someone that can kill them
PatAg
AG
jokershady said:

crap realized in my hate filled state for this show i was blinded and missed two other points of suckitude from this season 1 finale....

6. I figured they were going to have sabine use the force....wasn't going to like it but it was built up enough over the course of the season that i expected not only for her to use it, but for it to be in a pivotal moment with a lightsaber so that didn't annoy me too much........BUT........not just a few minutes later and now she's all, "psssh i got this Ezra trust me." girl you aint Mary Sue Rey! you've sucked it up from a force standpoint this entire show, been called out on that fact by several people, and even admitted it yourself......but because you got one bloody thing right all of a sudden now you can force push ezra into a moving star destoryer......not buying it....

I will say, they did plant the seed for this with her discussion with Ahsoka where Ahsoka directly mentions "You have to trust the force".
Should have been obvious she was going to start unlocking her potential there. Still not great to have her force pushing Ezra lol.
It was already a nice nod to Luke on Hoth,but I think they should have just had Ezra make the force leap on his own.Or he could have said somethign like "I cant take both of us", and then she decides to make the sacrifice to stay behind and tells him to go.
Saxsoon
AG
It was a rebels thing and even mentioned in this show she had a mental block of sorts that interfered with her connecting to the force
Moral High Horse
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Moral High Horse said:

Sabine and Morgan were definitely the weakest actors on the show imo. Their fight scenes only slightly made up for it.
The Porkchop Express
Morgan definitely went to the Jim Carrey school of overacting. I thought was the best progression of any of the Rebels characters on the show. They beat the Empire, but it cost her everything, what does she do now?
Ag Since 83
AG
Did we really spend 8 episodes just for some characters in Galaxy A to swap places with some characters in Galaxy B?
redline248
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Did we really spend 8 episodes just for some characters in Galaxy A to swap places with some characters in Galaxy B?
Well, when you break it down like that
AliasMan02
AG
Haven't kept up with this thread so I'm sure it was brought up but Baylon, Anakin, and Ahsoka ending up as the new Mortis gods makes a lot of sense and ties off some loose ends.
jeffk
AG
Made it through the whole season with zero Zeb sightings too.
DallasTeleAg
This was not very good. Probably put the nail in the coffin on Disney+, for me. Felt like I watched 8 episodes of nothing.
Batzarro
AG
Show Recap:

1. Episode 4 and 6 were the best,. Baylan defeating Ahsoka in episode 4 and the reveal of Thrawn in episode 6.

2. Need to see more Shin Hottie. I was hoping she would join back with Thrawn.

3. I am disappointed Morgan Elsbeth died. I would have preferred one of the "good guys" died.

4. Episode 8 was just the "jedi" going terminator and chasing down the real heroes of the story.

5. I am rooting for Thrawn and the Nightsisters to wreck shop in the New Republic. Hoping for some epic space battles with Tie Defenders.
Hulla Baller
AG
Batzarro said:

Show Recap:

1. Episode 4 and 6 were the best,. Baylan defeating Ahsoka in episode 4 and the reveal of Thrawn in episode 6.

3. I am disappointed Morgan Elsbeth died. I would have preferred one of the "good guys" died.

4. Episode 8 was just the "jedi" going terminator and chasing down the real heroes of the story.

5. I am rooting for Thrawn and the Nightsisters to wreck shop in the New Republic. Hoping for some epic space battles with Tie Defenders.

Shin? A hottie?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Batzarro said:

Show Recap:

Shin? A hottie?

The internet agrees. I see all sorts of memes about it.
Hulla Baller
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Hulla Baller said:

Batzarro said:

Show Recap:

Shin? A hottie?

The internet agrees. I see all sorts of memes about it.
Decay
AG
Some guys like their goth girls blonde I guess

So what shadow power did the witches actually give Morgan? She could use the green sword? Ahsoka did fine grabbing it and gutting her ass with it. I was waiting for her to be super powerful and she didn't seem much different compared to when she fought in the Mandalorian.

I'm trying to decide if I want Baylan back. It was such a great actor/character combination and while I want to see more, it's almost more powerful if they said "no, nobody will replace him, and we now will always just have only what he gave us".

Lots of loose ends, and some cool moments.
Al Bula
AG
I honestly don't see how this show can be considered anything other than fan fiction written by some really rich fans.

Disney StarWars brainstorming meeting:

"Let's have this completely inorganic cartoon character chase some other cartoon characters who went to a different galaxy with some help from hyperspace whales!"

"By George, that idea is so terrible, it may make people forget how we bungled the last Star Wars movies with a clone of Palpatine and a heroine whose dad was also a clone of Palpatine but NOT the main antagonist in the movie."
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

This was not very good. Probably put the nail in the coffin on Disney+, for me. Felt like I watched 8 episodes of nothing.
Moral High Horse
Batzarro said:

I'm interested in Thrawn's proposed policies as well. Let's hear the guy out. Sounds like he knows what he's doing. I mean really: was the Empire that bad?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.