*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,151 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jokershady said:

So good! So so good!

Was hoping there'd be more of an explanation with what was going on with Anikan but I'll share my take…..

That wasn't the version of Anikan from clone wars…..that was all Anikan/Vader in his entirety…..besides the visuals we saw there was one line between them at the beginning:

Ashoka: "I will not fight you."

Anikan: "I've heard that before."

CLEARLY a reference to RotJ when Luke said the exact same thing. So that had to have been a part of Anikan in some way that knows/is the regular Anikans whole life
Pretty similar to this as well.

BoydCrowder13
I swear it is crazy how much Hayden's rep had improved in the last 10 years. After what a steaming pile the sequels were, he has really made a comeback. Plus he seems like a good guy that legitimately loves Star Wars and is happy to come back. Happy for the guy.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few more thoughts:

The way the Force theme was weaved into the score when Jacen and Hera were listening to the waves...so good.

Anakin with his behind the back twirl straight from ROTS. Awesome reference to Gillard's choreo.

Notice how much more upbeat Ahsoka became after her final lesson, and choosing to live. I get the complaints earlier, but there you have it. All in due time.

And the music during the Purgill scene right at the end is fantastic.

She also wearing a white robe, like at end of rebels. We got Ashoka the white.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My boy Hayden is a good actor and always has been. This episode further cements that.
The Porkchop Express
Shout-out to the Captain Rex cameo at the Siege of Mandalore.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Spilner, you are the resident prequel expert so I want your opinion- looked to me like they went straight to Anakin's Mustfar stance and style when he drew the red lightsaber to fight her - reminded me of his movements when he and Obi-Wan moved out onto that pipe to fight, very similar footwork.

I definitely caught multiple Anakin signature moves and stances throughout. Gotta watch the scene about 25 more times.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What about this one?

jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few more thoughts:

The way the Force theme was weaved into the score when Jacen and Hera were listening to the waves...so good.

Kevin Kiner has been doing a fantastic job with the score for the season. The blending of themes like you noted has been excellent and the cues are well done too.
Quote:

Anakin with his behind the back twirl straight from ROTS. Awesome reference to Gillard's choreo.

Notice how much more upbeat Ahsoka became after her final lesson, and choosing to live. I get the complaints earlier, but there you have it. All in due time.

Much more emotional expression for sure, even if there are pauses in the dialogue. Seemed kind of reminiscent of Ahsoka "The White" we saw in the Rebels epilogue in wardrobe too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

I swear it is crazy how much Hayden's rep had improved in the last 10 years. After what a steaming pile the sequels were, he has really made a comeback. Plus he seems like a good guy that legitimately loves Star Wars and is happy to come back. Happy for the guy.

jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few more thoughts:

YES! Immediately noticed this!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few more thoughts:

She also wearing a white robe, like at end of rebels. We got Ashoka the white.

She bout to ride up the other galaxy like...

beagle2009
AG
I cannot get over how amazing the score is in this show.
BoydCrowder13
Brian Earl Spilner said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

The prequel acting/dialogue was atrocious and Hayden was in over his head. But Lucas deserved a lot of the blame there. And he was being asked to portray the most iconic villain and fall from grace of all time.

He clearly cared about the role and tried (look at his lightsaber training). I'm glad it has come full circle for him.
Saxsoon
AG
I will fight anyone who **** talks Hayden
LB12Diamond
AG
That might have been the best filler episode I have ever watched in a series.
gougler08
AG
So I guess the Baylan comments about Ashoka killing Sabines family is about the siege of mandalore? Even though she was only fighting those loyal to Maul?
jokershady
AG
And was it just me….or did Anikan appear to be getting older by the end of the fight? He definitely started looking more evil so maybe they scaled back the de-aging to make him look meaner
The Collective
AG
****ing Dave Filoni
BoydCrowder13
The Collective said:

****ing Dave Filoni

If they don't give him the next film series, they are idiots. Which would be par for the course.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've posted this before on the main SW thread, but worth re-posting.

Nick Gillard has a [criminally under-followed] YouTube channel where he regularly posts BTS videos of the lightsaber training for the prequels. Here's a couple where you can see how freaking good Hayden had gotten and how dedicated he was to nailing all the lightsaber stuff.

His move at 0:18 above, was directly referenced in this episode.
C@LAg
Saxsoon said:

I will fight anyone who **** talks Hayden
your mom's so Hayden, she puts sand in everything just to complain about it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
gougler08 said:

So explain the siege of mandalore part to me? That's the first we have known Ashoka was part of that battle (and Anakin wasn't)? Also I assume that is was Baylan was alluding to with the Sabine parents jab

No, we have known she was there since Rebels (where I think it was first mentioned in canon) and also in TCW season 7. If haven't watched those episode, I cannot recommend them enough. I would actually recommend watching that arc though to the end of the show for TCW. Siege of Mandalore was concurrent with the opening of Revenge of the Sith, so Anakin and Kenobi were obviously not present. Rex was actually promoted for the siege and Ahsoka given an advisory role.

Baylan was alluding to The Night of a Thousand Tears I believe. Which we saw in the last season of Mandalorian.
jokershady
AG
gougler08 said:

So I guess the Baylan comments about Ashoka killing Sabines family is about the siege of mandalore? Even though she was only fighting those loyal to Maul?
No we've never seen what happened to Sabines parents yet.

The Seige of Mandalor takes place 19 BBY and during the clone wars and deals with Darth Maul
The Real Napster
mmmm….dat az
The Collective
AG
Ahsoka acting seemed better this episode… or maybe I just didn't care.
C@LAg
The Real Napster said:

mmmm….dat az

may the fARSE be with YOU.
The Porkchop Express
According to a few sites they filmed, but didn't use, an alternate history scene where it was young Ahsoka traveling to Mustafar to try and stop Vader.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, it's very possible that is shown in a later episode.

Sucks to get spoiled on that if so.
Flashdiaz
AG
Anakin with red saber was awesome
bobinator
AG
That was fun
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean, it's very possible that is shown in a later episode.

Sucks to get spoiled on that if so.
None of the sites called it a spoiler, they called it a scene that didn't make the epsidoe.
redline248
AG
My bros. That was dope, and let me just say.

Hayden can still f-cking bring it with that lightsaber!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
I guess I'll be the loner who thought last week's episode was better. Tonight's wasn't bad by any means, it just felt like 90% "Hey, here's this thing you'll know!" fan service filler, and 10% actual story. I also didn't totally understand Ashoka's arc. So she wants to live now? Did she want to die previously? I get needing to find her purpose/mojo again, but that didn't really come across here, with whatever "Anakin" was trying to teach her.

That said, I do agree that the final five minutes or so were pretty great. It felt like the end of the second the movie in a trilogy, in the best way, and I guess if you divide this season up into thirds, that's basically where we are now. With these last three episodes, I'm definitely ready to get to the meat of the story.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.