*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,124 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think so if only because it's already happened, so it would feel like more of a retread than an exciting end.

That could become a regular face in future seasons, though. At some point those characters need to be addressed.
Thanks and gig'em
Orome
AG
The screencrush folks think he appears in the movie after this fwiw
The Porkchop Express
Orome said:

The screencrush folks think he appears in the movie after this fwiw
Pretty sure everyone thinks that
The Porkchop Express
Breakfast table this morning at Casa de Chop

Daughter 1: "Do you think the purgills are going to come back?"

Me: "I don't think so, because all those mines probably freaked them out."

Wife: "What is a purgill?"

Daughter 2: "They are these big space whales and they can go through hyperspace."

Wife: "What's hyperspace?"

Daughter 1: "Oh my god Mommy, where have you been?"
GreasenUSA
AG
So are we getting a 27 minute finale or has anyone heard the episode length yet?
wangus12
AG
Ahsoka Episode 8 is set to have a runtime of 46 minutes and 25 seconds.
wangus12
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Hit Quote and fill in your predictions for the season finale. After 8 p.m. Tuesday (CDT) all entries are null and void and you won't be eligible for the grand prize, or any of the other prizes.

Part 1: Who Makes it Back to Star Wars Galaxy Proper in this episode?
A simple Y or N will do.

1. Thrawn - N
2. Morgan Elsbeth - N
3. Enoch - N
4. Broom Hilda - the lead witch - N
5. Esmerelda - the sensitive witch - N
6. Dua Lipa - the cute witch - N
7. Baylan Skoll - N
8. Shin Hati - N
9. Ahsoka Tano - N
10. Sabine Wren - N
11. Ezra Bridger - N
12. Huyang - N
13. Whatever the scary thing is that Baylan's going to go wake up. - N

Part 2: Are any of the characters listed 1-11 going to die in this episode?
A simple Y or N will do. Y

Part 2A Bonus: Name the character you think is most likely to die in the last episode.

Morgan Elsbeth

Part 3: Do we find out, via visual or verbal, what is in the coffins?
A simple Y or N will do. Yes

Part 4: Assuming Baylan Skoll finds what he's looking for and unleashes it, what's it going to be?

A) Some kind of monster or creature, like the Zillo Beast for example or the thing from the High Republic
B) Some sort of being that is alive
C) Some sort of spirit or essence or crap like that
D) An artifact that he can use to do dastardly **** with
E) None of the above

Part 5: Is the thing Baylan is trying to find
A) Something that has been previously named or referenced in Star Wars - WBW
B) Something completely original

Part 6: Is Shin Hati going to switch sides, or at least stop serving Thrawn / Elsbeth?

A simple Y or N will do. No

Part 7: Is Sabine going to actually use the Force in this episode?

A simple Y or N will do. Please No

Part 8: Is there going to be anymore Anakin in this episode - hologram / vision / Force Ghost / trading card / NFT?
A simple Y or N will do. Yes, voice

Part 9: Do we get any other cameos from any other SW tales that we haven't previously seen in this series?

Part 10: Are Ezra and Sabine going to smoochy kiss, or at least admit that he tried to bone her for the first 3 seasons of Rebels and then she was ready for some Lothal Loving by the end of Season 4, right when he vanished?

Batzarro
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Hit Quote and fill in your predictions for the season finale. After 8 p.m. Tuesday (CDT) all entries are null and void and you won't be eligible for the grand prize, or any of the other prizes.

Part 1: Who Makes it Back to Star Wars Galaxy Proper in this episode?
A simple Y or N will do.

1. Thrawn Y
2. Morgan Elsbeth Y
3. Enoch Y
4. Broom Hilda - the lead witch Y
5. Esmerelda - the sensitive witch
6. Dua Lipa - the cute witch Y
7. Baylan Skoll N
8. Shin Hati Y
9. Ahsoka Tano N
10. Sabine Wren Y
11. Ezra Bridger Y
12. Huyang N
13. Whatever the scary thing is that Baylan's going to go wake up. N

Part 2: Are any of the characters listed 1-11 going to die in this episode?
A simple Y or N will do. Y

Part 2A Bonus: Name the character you think is most likely to die in the last episode.

Baylan Skoll even though I don't want him to.

Part 3: Do we find out, via visual or verbal, what is in the coffins?
A simple Y or N will do. N

Part 4: Assuming Baylan Skoll finds what he's looking for and unleashes it, what's it going to be?
D- world between worlds place
A) Some kind of monster or creature, like the Zillo Beast for example or the thing from the High Republic
B) Some sort of being that is alive
C) Some sort of spirit or essence or crap like that
D) An artifact that he can use to do dastardly **** with
E) None of the above

Part 5: Is the thing Baylan is trying to find
A) Something that has been previously named or referenced in Star Wars
B) Something completely original

Part 6: Is Shin Hati going to switch sides, or at least stop serving Thrawn / Elsbeth?

A simple Y or N will do.

Part 7: Is Sabine going to actually use the Force in this episode?

A simple Y or N will do.

Part 8: Is there going to be anymore Anakin in this episode - hologram / vision / Force Ghost / trading card / NFT?
A simple Y or N will do.

Part 9: Do we get any other cameos from any other SW tales that we haven't previously seen in this series?
A simple Y or N will do.

Part 10: Are Ezra and Sabine going to smoochy kiss, or at least admit that he tried to bone her for the first 3 seasons of Rebels and then she was ready for some Lothal Loving by the end of Season 4, right when he vanished?

A simple Y or N will do.

C@LAg
wangus12 said:

Ahsoka Episode 8 is set to have a runtime of 46 minutes and 25 seconds.
42 minutes of show, + the rest of the crap.
Saxsoon
AG
That is why you hire an average middle aged lady as Elsbeth
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Almost no Baylan.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
WAY too much night sister bull ***** Can't stand that aspect of this show. 10 seconds of Baylon. And that weird blond chick wasn't in it at all. Kinda sucked for me.
bobinator
AG
That was… disappointing
Wildmen06
AG
Blonde chick had a quick scene at the end same as Baylon
OnlyForNow
AG
Shoulda called Morgan's death. Seems like it was writing on the wall now.

Left it in a weird place, obvious whatever pulsating light that Baylon was looking at is a force sink hole or something.

Shin just gonna join up with the Tuskan raiders of this planet?
Saxsoon
AG
I think it should be said that seeing little of Baylon would not be as big a deal if he hadn't passed.
Madmarttigan
AG
It was ok. Eh

Don't love it basically being a setup episode with absolutely no teasers or anything. What the hell is Baylon doing, what the hell is the blonde girl doing, zero explanation on a lot of things.

Didn't love the Sabine force stuff. Some of the Ashoka/Morgan fight choreography was good.

I like that Thrawn pretty easily won, but there is just so much unexplained mystical stuff on that planet that is annoying. We have no idea what Baylon is up to, and the owl shows up which we don't know what it means.
lunchbox
How did Ezra know where the fleet was?

How did he get away with a shuttle? Surely it wasn't unnoticed...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll preface my post by saying I liked the season overall, probably better than Mando S3 for me.

But I thought that finale was just okay. It really sucks how little of Baylan we got. Such an intriguing and promising character. If the actor hadn't died, I'd be really excited to see where his story was going. Instead, I'm just kind of great heartbroken that this was all we'll get. (Though I would prefer recasting to losing the character completely. Who knows if they'll go that route.)

All the lightsaber fighting with the stormtroopers felt pretty dull to me? There was nothing exciting in the choreography, all the zombies moved really slow, and the scenes just felt kind of lethargic. (This series sorely missed Nick Gillard doing the choreography. Hell, Obi-Wan did too for that matter. Why haven't they continued hiring this man for these shows? It's such an obvious decision.)

Kind of felt nothing at Sabine finally using the force. Maybe because the fight in which it finally happens was pretty meh, due to the reasons stated above.

And pretty predictable ending, too. We all knew Thrawn would get back, and some of our heroes would get left behind. (I thought it'd be Ezra and Sabine, admittedly.) Still, nothing terribly exciting.

Mid finale, but a solid season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
lunchbox said:

How did Ezra know where the fleet was?

How did he get away with a shuttle? Surely it wasn't unnoticed...

This too. Hand-waving this whole thing bugged me.
GreasenUSA
AG
Bold choice to end the season like that. I kind of like it.

Overall, the episode was disappointing. A few too many deus ex machina. Wanted to see a resolution to Baylan.

I liked the season. I place it 2nd to Andor of all the properties over the last couple of years.
Charlie Conway
it was fine, didn't like that very little was concluded in the season and it just seemed to set up something else. I would've like some finality in some story lines.

3rd best star wars show behind Andor and Mandor
bobinator
AG
Yeah like the zombie thing wasn't scary at all. I didn't feel anything. It was just like "sure, this might as well happen now."
The Porkchop Express
The fact that they went to Dathomir with the coffins should tell you that whatever way forward they're going, the witches and their dark magick are big players in it.

A couple of logic gaps in this one, particularly how the wolf/dog/bat things survived the entire tower collapsing with them inside of it, but I liked a lot of the choices, particularly Thrawn's dominance of the entire situation. He had another piece and another piece and another piece to keep the most important piece of the puzzle - Ahsoka - from hampering his plan.

Liked Sabine getting her saber with the Luke/Wampa replay, but didn't like her suddenly hurling Ezra 900 feet in the air. If I was Ezra I would have told her GFY when she made that suggestion.

The Ahsoka / Morgan fight is some of the best choreography I've ever seen in Star Wars. Two actresses at their non-attractive primes in incredible physical shape. Really need to look up who the fight coordinator is on this series, they deserve an Emmy.

The highlight of the episode was Huyang spilling the beans about the reason Ahsoka stopped training Sabine and the picture that was painted of them both.

Really loved the callback to Anakin supporting Ahsoka when no one else believed her in Clone Wars. Really liked how vicious those last two night troopers were that fought Ezra and Sabine on the platform.
Really loved Thrawn admitting one Jedi had beaten him.

And especially loved his LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE.

A very ESB ending - the glimmer of hope that Ezra warns them what's up. Thrawn triumphant and plotting his next move, two of our heroes stranded out of reach.

I was very surprised by the lack of Baylan. Is it because his last scenes caused the story to veer too much in a different direction that the death of Ray Stevenson makes untenable? I don't know. He looked beat to **** in that scene though, cloak was torn in several places.

Will watch it again this weekend. While it didn't go precisely the way I hoped, it moved the bigger story of Star Wars along, with Thrawn set up as the new villain, and I will never be mad about that.
bobinator
AG
Agree that overall it was okay. Mando's highs are better but it also has lower lows.

Andor still in a class all by itself.
The Collective
AG
Did zero for me… what a huge disappointment
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

All the lightsaber fighting with the stormtroopers felt pretty dull to me? There was nothing exciting in the choreography, all the zombies moved really slow, and the scenes just felt kind of lethargic. (This series sorely missed Nick Gillard doing the choreography. Hell, Obi-Wan did too for that matter. Why haven't they continued hiring this man for these shows? It's such an obvious decision.)

I will agree with this, it was like they turned the camera on with the three of them standing in the middle of a sound stage and yelled "Start fighting!". The scene improved when Sabine switched to the blasters, but otherwise it was way too static for what was our first look at 3 force users fighting all together since Mace Windu and friends took on Palpatine. There were too many interesting choices that could have been made there, especially for a show where the 1:1 fights have been super intense.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I don't think I was upset with her using the force to grab the lightsaber, but suddenly force push Ezra at a a great distance? That was some Rey garbage.

Agree that the Ashoka/Morgan choreography was really good.
The Collective
AG
Don't like the zombie idea in live action - too out of place for me. My kid immediately said this is terrible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly. Needed more stuff like this...

Marsh
AG
Just rehashing my predictions.

Marsh said:

In regards to the finale, I think we have a few things needed to wrap up the season.

What power is baylan looking for? I honestly have no idea.

Still have no idea and probably a dead end with the actor passing.

Marsh said:

What happens to shin? I could possibly see her flipping but I honestly think she just dies. She isn't likeable enough.

No answer to this yet. Didn't die this episode, though.

Marsh said:

The show has spent a lot of time on Sabine, her character development and her continued failure to do the "right" thing. By the end of the episode, she will get another chance and finally choose to do the "right" thing, at the cost of her personal relationship with Ezra.

I am probably entirely wrong but I think the good guys are going to try to attack thrawn directly and they will fail. Somehow, Sabine is going to be on that hyperspace ring without Ezra (possibly without ahsoka, too) with thrawn about to get there. She will finally have to do the "right" thing and leave Ezra behind again so that thrawn doesn't make it back.

Dang, I felt like I got pretty close with this. Sabine did have to make a decision at the cost of staying together with Ezra. Thrawn does make it back but with Ezra and not Sabine.

Marsh said:

Season 4 of the Mandalorian is Sabine meeting up with djin, grogu and the other mandalorians. By season end, she eventually convinces the mandalorians to help her stop thrawn and save Ezra (for reasons).

And the movie is everyone going back together to finally beat thrawn and save Ezra.

Sounds like good fanfiction in my head.

So, I think how they handled this makes a lot of sense. Now, Ezra has to convince the mandalorian to go save Sabine and ahsoka. Season 4 of the mandalorian is all about Ezra meeting them and convincing them to go save the 2 (and the mandalorians have a reason to go, as Sabine is one of their own and there is mutual debt between the mandalorians and ahsoka). Ezra potentially trains grogu, too.

In the meantime, time "passes" while ahsoka is training Sabine. The next time we see her, she'll be a bad ass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok so what was up with those giant statues at the end?

Baylan is straight up in Lord of the Rings, and I loved it.

concac
AG
So I guess Ahsoka/Sabine : Peridea :: Yoda/Luke : Dagobah.
The Porkchop Express
I was more disappointed that we learn absolutely nothing of what happens to Ahsoka after she and Ezra escape Palpatine in the World between Worlds. That whole gap of time is missing from right before the Battle of Lothal until she shows up in Mando. If she and Sabine were together and training when the Empire turned Mandalore into a dumpster fire, why wasn't she actively helping the Rebellion anymore?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Asked and answered.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.