*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,171 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
lurker76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ja86 said:

only thing missing is the vespas......

And the patented Vespa Squad 360 degree spin-n-shoot.
maroon barchetta
justnobody79
I suggest going to the baseball forum or Dallas Cowboy thread
The Porkchop Express
lurker76 said:

ja86 said:

Hulla Baller
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

lurker76 said:

ja86 said:

Maybe spinning helps you from getting hit with blaster bolts? How do we really know? I mean, this was such a long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away.
The Collective
AG

Serious concern: Who is going to take TC's place at 1 a.m. - ish and post the Hollywood-slanted review that the episode, no matter how good it was, was actually only "fine", and that it really should have catered more to people who didn't watch the animated shows?

I can do it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

lurker76 said:

ja86 said:

jokershady
AG

lurker76 said:

ja86 said:

every time I see this gif I feel my testosterone lower a few points……
C@LAg
The Collective said:

Serious concern: Who is going to take TC's place at 1 a.m. - ish and post the Hollywood-slanted review that the episode, no matter how good it was, was actually only "fine", and that it really should have catered more to people who didn't watch the animated shows?

I can do it.
LB12Diamond
AG
Hmmm

Was that a filler episode?
The Porkchop Express
LB12Diamond said:

Hmmm

Was that a filler episode?
LB12Diamond
AG
Relax man. Many great series have filler episodes. It's not that big a deal.

Not much really happened besides them being back together.

First episode I did not like so not to bad for a 8 episode series.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Good grief Ezra is annoying.

That just felt like a wasted episode. There's really only 8?

Cool seeing 3-PO though

And that CGI of her jumping out and landing on the ground was AWFUL
The Porkchop Express

So much love for the OT tonight

Admiral Ackbar
Mon Mothma
Leia in spirit
C3PO, extending Anthony Daniels' run of playing the character to a staggering 46 years.

And Thrawn's very, VERY real sudden fear, that there might have been a X-Wing with Luke MOFOing Skywalker coming out of hyperspace with Ahsoka.

I'll go mega over the top and say these are the best fight sequences SW has had since the end of TPM.

Love Baylan going rogue.

Love this show. More to come.

TXAG 05
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

They are going to have to pack a lot into the final episode since not much happened in this one. Maybe it will end in a cliffhanger?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

That literally felt like Ezra from Rebels.

Eh, we saw Thrawn as the calculating tactician many wanted, had the group reunited, separated Baylan and Shin, and Thrawn is almost ready to depart. So it's basically been 3 rotations on Peridia since Sabine's arrival.
concac
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Cool seeing 3-PO though

And that CGI of her jumping out and landing on the ground was AWFUL
This is not a new development.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few more thoughts:

The way the Force theme was weaved into the score when Jacen and Hera were listening to the waves...so good.

Anakin with his behind the back twirl straight from ROTS. Awesome reference to Gillard's choreo.

Notice how much more upbeat Ahsoka became after her final lesson, and choosing to live. I get the complaints earlier, but there you have it. All in due time.

And the music during the Purgill scene right at the end is fantastic.

She also wearing a white robe, like at end of rebels. We got Ashoka the white.

She bout to ride up the other galaxy like...

Close enough. I'll take that.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Maybe that's why I didn't get into it. Just felt very childish and immature
bluefire579
AG
Was really hoping for a Fey'lya introduction during Hera's audience with the council, seemed a nice place to bring in some Bothan interference, but guess we'll have to settle for this other guy.

Otherwise, loved that we finally got to see Thrawn in his element, and Ezra refusing the lightsaber is peak for his character. Interested to see where they leave us with the last episode, and how many of the answers we actually get (Baylan/Shin origins, Night Troopers being dead or what, what's being loaded onto the ship, etc.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My major complaint this episode was too much retreating from fights. I always hate when lightsaber duels end like that. Could've left at least one of those for the finale and have it end with a death.

Ezra refusing to take the lightsaber was frustrating.

Really enjoying the new Ahsoka. Way more fun than Ahsoka the Gray. (The opposite of Gandalf.)

That said, I'm not sure what the point of Thrawn's whole dog and pony show was. I guess just a diversion while they finished their preparations? It really doesn't seem like they would've gotten back in time to stop them anyway.

Ready for the finale.
The Porkchop Express
bluefire579 said:

Was really hoping for a Fey'lya introduction during Hera's audience with the council, seemed a nice place to bring in some Bothan interference, but guess we'll have to settle for this other guy.

Otherwise, loved that we finally got to see Thrawn in his element, and Ezra refusing the lightsaber is peak for his character. Interested to see where they leave us with the last episode, and how many of the answers we actually get (Baylan/Shin origins, Night Troopers being dead or what, what's being loaded onto the ship, etc.)
If I had 1,000 blue stars I would give them all to you for mentioning Borsk Fey'lya!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, it's starting to feel like Baylan was meant to be a bigger character that would extend to next season, and if so, that is just heartbreaking. Especially with how great of a character he's been. The mystery of his character has been the best thing about this show, and I just hope we get some answers next episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

bluefire579 said:

If I had 1,000 blue stars I would give them all to you for mentioning Borsk Fey'lya!

Personally I'm super excited that they teased Glup Sh*tto. Can't wait to finally see him on screen.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My major complaint this episode was too much retreating from fights. I always hate when lightsaber duels end like that. Could've left at least one of those for the finale and have it end with a death.

Really enjoying the new Ahsoka. Way more fun than Ahsoka the Gray. (The opposite of Gandalf.)

That said, I'm not sure what the point of Thrawn's whole dog and pony show was. I guess just a diversion while they finished their preparations? It really doesn't seem like they would've gotten back in time to stop them anyway.

Ready for the finale.
I think Baylan's parting advice to Shin was foreshadowing the end to the dual between him and Ahsoka. Thrawn withdrawing his forces was a little bit of a surprise but I don't think he's particularly worried about them since he said that he was just playing the long game and time was on their side.

Ezra not taking the lightsaber I think is understandable but I do understand where you're coming from. He hasn't had one for about 10 years and had to adapt. Plus it emphasizes the level of trust he has in Sabine. Though Hyuang's comment about her having made some changes to Ezra's saber and it being hers now basically laid the ground for that early on.

Oh and all I could think about when Hyuang was flying wondering if was going to make it long enough to see everyone was Kenobi's line of "flying is for droids."
Dekker_Lentz
AG
I actually thought this episode was better produced, shot, and paced.

Loved the C-3PO cameo. Loved Anakin/Ahsoka training scene and the tidbit about him leaving 20 lessons for her, it added to his character for me. It hit home the idea that Anakin believed he would not survive the Clone Wars which turned out to be true from a certain point of view. Filoni hitting on the KOTOR ideas the great wars ultimately warp the Jedi and is damaging to their psyche was nice to be seen.

Loved the Baylen/Ahsoka duel and watching Ahsoka be Ahsoka again. I like Baylen/Shin's partnership ending. Baylen has really stolen this show.

Thrawn was much more tactical in this episode.

Ezra doesn't quite match his Rebels self, but I kinda liked him using the force to enhance his fighting. It was different and I think in the future, someone else will run with it giving us something interesting. As the fight wore on, I liked Ezra using the Blaster reminded me of early Rebels Ezra. Him and Sabine don't have a lot of chemistry.

They left a lot of questions for the next episode. It really feels like there should be two episodes left.

Or this should have been the cliffhanger for Season 2.

Really going to be curious how next week's episode plays out.

Overall, maybe this episode could be seen as filler, but it really seemed to try and tie some elements of the show together while giving the characters moments to shine.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ready for the finale.
Upfront - I love that you got on board and watched some of Rebels to get ready for this, and I think we've talked enough for you to believe that I am not saying this out of some sort of a place of condescension, but Ezra and Thrawn's actions tonight were definitely on point with the tone of their characters from other media.

Ezra at one has the half gun / half lightsaber weapon because he's so gung-ho. By the end of Rebels, he knows that his best use of the Force is not with a weapon, but with his unique gifts like talking to the animals. He hasn't had a lightsaber for 10 years, so clearly he's learned how to fight without one very effectively. Shin had no shot against him once she missed the head shot.

Thrawn would love living on Earth in the era of Machine Learning and near-real-time analytics. Letting Ahsoka go through the paces of hiding in the Asteroid errr I mean, Skeletal Field, then seeing her little maneuver to get out of the ship while it was still flying, and the having that little coordinator drone up top that I'm sure recorded the whole fight so he could see how Sabine, Ahsoka, and Ezra all fight is like Christmas morning for him. His biggest weapon is his mind, and his most coveted asset is information, we see it time and again throughout his arcs. Losing a few troopers would be well worth it for him to see a big bunch of Ahsoka's tactics, along with how Sabine and Ezra fight, how they fight in coordination, and even the fact that there is clearly someone (or a droid), flying the ship. He literally knows what all of their resources are now, and he didn't lose any of his actual ships in the process. That's why he called it a win.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Was that Nien Nunb on the council sans the hat?

I could decide if it was Admiral Ackbar or not. I thought the skin color seemed too light.

Edit: Also this episode made Thrawn much more like Clausewitz incarnate. The goal dictates the strategy. He needed to buy time, stress Ahsoka so she embrace the happiness of the reunion, so she wastes even more time.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Maybe that's why I didn't get into it. Just felt very childish and immature
No offense but I find this comment/reaction kind of amusing honestly. Earlier in the show and thread people were commenting that Ahsoka didn't feel like herself but when we get a character that brings more of that animated characterization ot the screen, it's also disliked. Obviously that sentiment has changed towards Ahsoka with this last episode and the one after last lesson with Anakin. Sabine and Ezra's bickering/back and forth catching on on the happenings in the galaxy felt like I was watching Rebels again.
Sea Speed
AG
The Collective said:

I can do it.

I'm pilot*

Fif the gif
bluefire579
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

I could decide if it was Admiral Ackbar or not. I thought the skin color seemed too light.

Edit: Also this episode made Thrawn much more like Clausewitz incarnate. The goal dictates the strategy. He needed to buy time, stress Ahsoka so she embrace the happiness of the reunion, so she wastes even more time.
My assumption was yes on both
Flashdiaz
AG
Interesting that Ashoka didn't use her sabers against Shin. She senses the confusion within her and wants to help her.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
bluefire579 said:

Dekker_Lentz said:

My assumption was yes on both

Fair enough. I just wished Ackbar spoke then.

The Porkchop Express
When Ahsoka shuts down the hologram of Anakin and says, "He was a good Master." I really wanted Huyang to say, " Well, until he killed everybody."
jabberwalkie09
AG

When Ahsoka shuts down the hologram of Anakin and says, "He was a good Master." I really wanted Huyang to say, " Well, until he killed everybody."
So it wasn't just me then.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.