*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,156 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I can see Hera lightening up considering she was in the Alliance before any of them, they won, and most importantly she became a Mom. Being a parent can get a lot of joy into your life.

I think the issue I have which I mentioned earlier in the thread was that she was already to go and rip across space at the end of Rebels. But in the premier she seemingly had resigned herself to believe that Ezra had died or was just gone. I get that priorities shift and her child would come first but I just never saw Hera giving up or resigning herself to the belief that Ezra had died.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

redline248 said:

Oh, I wanted to touch on the topic of Ahsoka talking with Force Ghost Anakin, or even telling Luke about Anakin.

Maybe a topic for the main thread, but wouldn't we all assume Luke would be trying to talk to Ghost Anakin as much as possible? And vice versa?
What would they talk about though? "Yeah, Obi wan had the high ground. I ****ed up big time. Remeber the high ground is a thing." "Yeah, I used it on you in the Death Star II."

Jokes aside, I'm just not sure why Luke would want to talk to him.
You wouldn't want to talk to your dad you never knew and then died 5 minutes after you met him?

I'm actually reading "Armada" right now so my perception might change but it not like they were close like Qui Gon and Kenobi were. I still haven't seen Rise of Skywalker/IX but TLJ gave me the impression that he'd spoken to Yoda primarily. Just my impression though.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Calling my shot
Chick with Baylan is his daughter
PatAg
AG
cbr said:

Hagen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Some of y'all saying a show with women will never appeal to teenage boys. Uh, have you seen the actresses they cast?

All three main characters are super hot.

I'm sure teenage boys hated the extended shot of Sabine's ass on the speeder bike. No thanks!
I'm sure they would, but they will never see that scene because they don't care about the show. This show isn't targeted to that audience.

I'm enjoying it a lot, but I'm a SW fan of everything, but none of my teenage kids (boys or girls) and their friends have shown any interest in watching it or even discussing it. I hope that changes as I want this show to succeed.

No offense but honestly my take on it was that I wish at least some of these women were hot, but this is a teenager rebellious-pink-hair-is-cool stage of life type of show and an 'Everyman' concept, and they deliberately cast non hot women because of that.

Bottom line, these are not hot women. Not in the scheme of things.

this dude is straight as hell
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
My 11 year old son is all in on the show, but he loves everything Star wars. His biggest annoyance was that he claimed Hera and Sabine didn't look enough like their real self. He claimed they needed to "put some makeup over that mole" and liked her better with short hair .

This is a kid that when school ended in May, watche the complete timeline, in order. All movies, TVs and cartoons. His favorite is Clone wars and Bad Batch. Then probably the original trilogy

I suggested he read Heir to the Emprie before this show and was discussing the differences in origin stories of certain characters in it even.

I would put him up against Porkchop for a trivia game.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
The Collective
AG
Watched E1 last night. I fell asleep with 10 min to go, so I'll try again tonight. Felt like I was watching a Star Trek episode at the start… something about the cinematography. IDK.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I avoided this thread until I had a chance to watch both episodes.

I only watched Rebels once, although not 100% invested in it while I watched. I think had those cartoons (Rebels and TCW) come out when I was still a kid, they'd have been awesome. While I did [mostly] watch Rebels, I never did finish watching TCW. Anyway, I digress. It was cool to see these animated characters come to life with real actors.

I thought the show looks great, and the actors are fine in their roles. With a 17-year-old daughter at home, I'm getting a strong teenager vibe out of Sabine. I'd say that actress has nailed that aspect of the character, although I can't say I recall that from Rebels.

Love Rey Stevenson as the dark Jedi. He brings a presence that this show is going to need, as I'm not at all sold on the witch character. Who the hell is she? I know she was a prisoner at the opening, but has that character ever appeared anywhere else? (Not that I'd likely know about her if she was only in some book).

Ahsoka is about what I expected thus far after her earlier live action appearances, and not what I remember of her younger animated character from TCW.

I have not read the entire thread, so if this has been discussed, well, okay, but my biggest quibble - and it's a big quibble - is Sabine still being alive. Maul skewered Qui-Gonn in much the same way as Sabine was skewered. He died. Yet there is Sabine, in a hospital for a bit then back home as if she did not have a lightsaber blade shoved through her liver. No explanation that I caught for how she survived other than the seemingly omni-present medical droid being in that hospital room with her.

Good show, though. Not Andor level great, but far better than The Book of Boba Fett.
#FJB
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The nightsister/witch was introduced in Mando, she was the one Mando fought with Ahsoka that had the Beskar spear he was using for a while. Not sure if her being a nightsister was ret-conned or not. I don't really remember it being discussed.
Moral High Horse

The Porkchop Express
Arrakis ecologist said:

wangus12
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I thought the show looks great, and the actors are fine in their roles. With a 17-year-old daughter at home, I'm getting a strong teenager vibe out of Sabine. I'd say that actress has nailed that aspect of the character, although I can't say I recall that from Rebels.

This is something I don't quite get with the show is that they haven't aged Sabine at all. She was in her late teens during the Rebels tv show before the Rebellion really kickstarted. She's listed as being born 21 BBY. The Ahsoka show is occurring in 9 ABY.

So Sabine during the show is 29-30 years old at this point.
jeffk
AG
I got mid-20s vibes from this current Sabine.
The Porkchop Express
wangus12 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

This is something I don't quite get with the show is that they haven't aged Sabine at all. She was in her late teens during the Rebels tv show before the Rebellion really kickstarted. She's listed as being born 21 BBY. The Ahsoka show is occurring in 9 ABY.

Natasha Liu Bordizzo is 28 years old.

jeffk
AG
Also, Maul survived being cut into two pieces by a lightsaber, so Sabine getting a stab wound not to her heart or lungs and surviving after receiving immediate medical care isn't that far-fetched.
Mathguy64
AG
Well, it was a cartoon and he did get turned into a psycho spider on some random trash collection planet for a while.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, but did he die?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jeffk said:

Also, Maul survived being cut into two pieces by a lightsaber, so Sabine getting a stab wound not to her heart or lungs and surviving after receiving immediate medical care isn't that far-fetched.
Looked like it went through her liver. Qui-Gonn dies after being speared in a similar fashion, yet she is back to her regular life in less than 1 episode.
#FJB
cbr
AG
Looking back on it, with as epic a subject matter and main character as they had, and trying to kick off a new big time series, it was really very meh. 2 days later the most memorable things are the cat, a snotty, lying teenager surviving getting stabbed clean through with a lightsaber with no drama at all, and … ahsoka was in it but didnt really do much except win or draw some dull lightsaber fights with uninteresting random faceless opponents.
wangus12
AG

wangus12 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Natasha Liu Bordizzo is 28 years old.

Well I'll be damned.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jeffk said:

Looked like it went through her liver. Qui-Gonn dies after being speared in a similar fashion, yet she is back to her regular life in less than 1 episode.

I think you guys just aren't understanding that Qui Gon has always been a little B.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Ashoka could force heal. Qui gon didn't teach Obi-Wan how to do it and died because of it.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
jeffk
AG
Idk, maybe there's been some incredible research on treating lightsaber wounds done in the past 50 years? People survive gut-shots from bullets which I assume do a lot more internal damage that a hot laser sword.

Episode One is kind of all over the place, so it's hard to know if maybe Qui Gon just didn't get medical care quickly or he got a lung/heart shot or what. I think they did him dirty personally, but they needed him dead for plot reasons so there we go.
redline248
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

My 11 year old son is all in on the show, but he loves everything Star wars. His biggest annoyance was that he claimed Hera and Sabine didn't look enough like their real self. He claimed they needed to "put some makeup over that mole" and liked her better with short hair .

This is a kid that when school ended in May, watche the complete timeline, in order. All movies, TVs and cartoons. His favorite is Clone wars and Bad Batch. Then probably the original trilogy

I suggested he read Heir to the Emprie before this show and was discussing the differences in origin stories of certain characters in it even.

My 8 year old also loves Clone Wars and Bad Batch more than anything else. He is obsessed with the clones. I catch him watching youtube videos of people setting up clone legos to make pretend battles.
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

I catch him watching youtube videos of people setting up clone legos to make pretend battles.
I thought I had those videos set to private!
redline248
AG
You guys obviously don't remember Sabine from Rebels. She was kind of a smart ass, then. Also, she's not a teenager in this show, and it's pretty dang obvious. She's a stubborn Mandalorian who has been living by herself for who knows how long.

Qui-Gon was old and busted. Sabine is new hotness. That keeps you going while the droids fix you up.
The Collective
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jeffk said:

Clearly, Qui-Gonn… lost the will to live.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Collective said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jeffk said:

Clearly, Qui-Gonn… lost the will to live.
Ok, that's funny
#FJB
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Clearly not a gut or liver stab.
bobinator
AG
Obviously Maul's lightsaber has tiny barbs on it that really did a number on Qui-Gonn's insides.
PatAg
AG
Also Sabine was pretty much instantly taken to get worked on right?
Qui-gon had to just kind of lay there for a while
The Collective
AG
PatAg said:

He did say, "it's too late". Almost like, damn, Obi... you failed.
bobinator
AG
I mean kidding aside the medical staffs on Naboo were probably pretty busy at the time with everything going on and didn't even know where Qui-Gonn was.

Nothing was going on on Lothal, Sabine probably had every doctor in the place ready to help.
jeffk
AG
Traffic on the highway was light.
The Porkchop Express
The Collective said:

PatAg said:

He did say, "it's too late". Almost like, damn, Obi... you failed.
The real problem was that Obi-Wan didn't hold down the X button to activate Force Speed to get through the barriers fast enough, despite doing so earlier in the Trade Federation ship.

The somewhat more serious point is that you'd assume given her age and the fact that there are very few Jedi types around, the dark side girl is unlikely to have ever actually fought someone else with a lightsaber before, other than sparring with her master, and thus was probably just trying to gain an advantage in the fight, not necessarily go for the kill shot.

Alternatively , Maul had been trained as a living weapon by Palpatine practically his entire life and was utterly consumed with killing Jedi.

GreasenUSA
AG
Somehow... Sabine returned

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.