*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,112 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sabine may or may not be a Jedi, but this is one of my favorite scenes in Rebels.
boogieman
AG

30 minute Screen Crush video recapping everything you need to know about Ashoka.
The Porkchop Express
I would be really surprised if they make Sabine Force sensitive. More likely it would seem like she's trying to find a place in the galaxy, and being trained by Ahsoka in the things that are part of the Jedi training, but don't necessarily require the Force - meditation, weapons training, discipline, etc.

Sabine can clearly use a lightsaber, evidenced her training and use of the Dark Saber in Rebels, along with several other styles of fighting. However, the one she has in the trailers looks like it's Ezra's second saber from Rebels that he makes after loses his combo saber/blaster fighting Vader on Malachor.

Ezra has his lightsaber when he and Thrawn vanished at the end of Rebels, so at some point they must reunite in Ahoska and she ends up using it.

As excited as I am to see Thrawn, seeing Filoni's take on a 10-15 years older Ezra Bridger is pretty fascinating as well. He grew up on his own until he found the Ghost crew, found an incredible family, lost his father figure, made a terrible sacrifice, and wound up in some unknown place with Thrawn and a Star Destroyer full of Imperials.

What happened from there? What kind of man has he grown into?

hunter2012
AG
Ezra gives his lightsaber to chopper when he leaves to confront Thrawn. What could be interesting are the rumors that Ezra develops force enhanced martial arts while in exile in the outer rim.
The Porkchop Express
hunter2012 said:

Ezra gives his lightsaber to chopper when he leaves to confront Thrawn. What could be interesting are the rumors that Ezra develops force enhanced martial arts while in exile in the outer rim.

Goodness, good memory. I'm less than 6 months from 50 and the dementia is already coming for me
jokershady
AG
dang forgot all about that....pretty cool that sabine is going to be using ezra's lightsaber
The Porkchop Express
Let's just go full bore into the best of Rebels clips to get this week moving faster.

Palpatine trying to manipulate Ezra and revealing himself as Sidious

Incredible reveal of the Grand Inquisitor as a former Jedi Knight

One of the best explanations of the power of the Force ever

cbr
AG
I never really gelled with rebels or it's characters or villains much. Thrawn was a pretty good villain but the inquisitors just sort of fell flat like all the first order bull**** to me.

I did like clone wars though and Ashoka is a great character. I hope they make it great.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
And just to curb expectations a bit...

jeffk
AG
REVENGE OF THE TWEETS
bluefire579
AG
cbr said:

I never really gelled with rebels or it's characters or villains much. Thrawn was a pretty good villain but the inquisitors just sort of fell flat like all the first order bull**** to me.

I did like clone wars though and Ashoka is a great character. I hope they make it great.
Inquisitors definitely fall flat. I think a big piece of that is that they never feel like a threat. Probably the closest they get is in Fallen Order where the main antagonist is one, but mostly they just seem kinda inept at killing Jedi, which is supposed to be their whole thing. Them being force users but not sith kinda puts them in this weird area as well.

They need someone to give them the treatment that TIE Fighters got in Andor. Give us a reason to fear them and show that they're not just cannon fodder for the good guys.
jokershady
AG
I thought they were done pretty well in rebels. As I recall the only people that were a threat to them was Ashoka and Maul….everyone else couldn't really hold their own against them.
jeffk
AG
One of the things that made Clone Wars (and Rebels to a lesser extent) was that we saw Jedi get defeated. An Inquisitors series where they go around tracking down and eliminating Jedi would be pretty compelling. Like a reverse Basterds.
sburg2007
Normal drop times?!?

https://x.com/starwars/status/1692552080764887366?s=46&t=QNHGmcJB51JUw6My4gMzPQ
wangus12
AG
About ****ing time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.