*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,134 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No hot women in the Bible.
bruh, I don't think you're right about that
bluefire579
AG
Books that use deus ex machina to resolve every conflict
PatAg
AG
bluefire579 said:

and then he rose 3 days later!
cbr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No hot women in the Bible.
You lack imagination!
kdm_01
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Someone went to s lot of trouble to hide a dang map. And why would there be a map anyway? Seems kinda weird.

Also lots of over-acting in this one.

And how do lasers explode in mid flight?

I'm going with the idea that the 'map' is an ancient text on the migration patterns of the space whales.

Because somehow creating a map to far off reaches where two guys got spirited away to and stashing it in an ancient temple is silly.
The Porkchop Express
Perhaps the Purgills have a home system that they spend most of their time in, and the map tells where that system is. If Thrawn was able to figure out that they were in the home world of the purgills, and Morgan Elsbeth was enough of a nightsister historian to realize that her kind had previously had that knowledge, it would make sense that the map showed where it was.

Also possible the ancient nightsisters knew where it was, but not how to feasibly get there; like our astronomers with far-off galaxies, but thousands of years in the future, Elsbeth and her companies and scientists are building the Eye of Scion that they think is the tech that matches the knowledge.
Saxsoon
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Perhaps the Purgills have a home system that they spend most of their time in, and the map tells where that system is. If Thrawn was able to figure out that they were in the home world of the purgills, and Morgan Elsbeth was enough of a nightsister historian to realize that her kind had previously had that knowledge, it would make sense that the map showed where it was.

Also possible the ancient nightsisters knew where it was, but not how to feasibly get there; like our astronomers with far-off galaxies, but thousands of years in the future, Elsbeth and her companies and scientists are building the Eye of Scion that they think is the tech that matches the knowledge.

This basically is my thought on the matter. Look at the star map again. Stylized images of the Purgil. Maybe in retrospect they should have said they found a map of the purgil that can lead them to E&T (if that in fact is the case)
jeffk
AG
Kind of tangent, but I thought the end credits were pretty awesome.
Flashdiaz
AG
Saxsoon said:

The Porkchop Express said:

This basically is my thought on the matter. Look at the star map again. Stylized images of the Purgil. Maybe in retrospect they should have said they found a map of the purgil that can lead them to E&T (if that in fact is the case)
they would first have to explain the Purgil first for the folks that didn't watch Rebels or as a recap.

I think they'll get there, on that planet with the witch Ray was looking up when he heard the Whale like noises. They'll explain to him (and the audience) what the Purgils are, hyperspace, and how the witches traced their routes.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I wonder if a history of an ancient people riding the space whales from galaxy to galaxy will be revealed…

Like maybe the night sisters once knew how to tame or enslave the Pergil and attach compartments they could ride along in or don space suits and ride the backs of the whales.

Maybe the other galaxy *is* where the night sisters came from.

This would open a lot of interesting possibilities. Ezra had a compelling relationship with Maul, who the night sisters created. And the night sisters were fun, but nearly all got killed off. This could allow them back into the story. Imagine Thrawn at the head of an army of night sisters?? That could be Galaxy-conquering stuff.
The Porkchop Express
Flashdiaz said:

folks that didn't watch Rebels
The Porkchop Express
Aggie_Journalist said:

I wonder if a history of an ancient people riding the space whales from galaxy to galaxy will be revealed…

Like maybe the night sisters once knew how to tame or enslave the Pergil and attach compartments they could ride along in or don space suits and ride the backs of the whales.

Maybe the other galaxy *is* where the night sisters came from.

This would open a lot of interesting possibilities. Ezra had a compelling relationship with Maul, who the night sisters created. And the night sisters were fun, but nearly all got killed off. This could allow them back into the story. Imagine Thrawn at the head of an army of night sisters?? That could be Galaxy-conquering stuff.
Would love to see a live-action Dathomir. One of my favorite planets on SW Galaxies, even though I die there every 10 minutes.
PatAg
AG
So far, I dont think the show requires any knowledge from any previously released materials, despite what I see on some reviews out there. I suspect they think it needs that knowledge beceause they know the cartoons and stuff exist.
I've seen some complaints about not knowing who Ezra is, or who Sabine was and what her relationship is with Ahsoka. Isn't all of that standard with any new show? You slowly figure out who every character is, what their motivations are, what their backstory is. I think there is more than enough context provided for everything presented so far. Specifically for Ezra and Thrawn...their missing. We're shown that Sabine and Ezra have some sort of connection via the hologram voicemail and both Ahsoka and Hera show that they miss him too. If the bad guys are looking for someone with the title Grand Admiral a reasonable assumption is he is important to the military. They're disappearance is a mystery no one currently understands. What more information could someone need? I'm all for holding these shows to a higher standard, now that Andor has proven you can do Star Wars and high quality TV at the same time...but nothing I have seen from Ahsoka makes me think they are falling short yet.

I hope to see FIloni continue with this mindset of "you dont need to have watched anything else to enjoy and understand this show." There can be things people will like if they HAVE watched the other shows, it just needs to not be required for the plot, imo.
Grimey
PatAg said:

bluefire579 said:

and then he rose 3 days later!
Somehow...Jesus returned.
bobinator
AG
In general I think people that have the background information on shows/movies definitely overrate how much of it you really need to understand what's happening.

I do think the conversation with Hera and Ashoka was kind of odd. The whole "he died" and "his body was never recovered/confirmed" thing. Hera saw him and Ezra shoot into space with the Purrgil, so that's kind of a weird way to describe what happened.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
What's a purgill?
bobinator
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

What's a purgill?
A space whale that can travel faster than light.

I sort of wish they'd have started this show with a cold open that was the live action version of that scene from Rebels of Thrawn and Ezra shooting into space. If this show is gonna have the purrgil, let's get weird right away and just get people used to it.
redline248
AG
Quote:

I do think the conversation with Hera and Ashoka was kind of odd. The whole "he died" and "his body was never recovered/confirmed" thing. Hera saw him and Ezra shoot into space with the Purrgil, so that's kind of a weird way to describe what happened.
Not if you gave up looking and are just hoping to move on

Quote:

Isn't all of that standard with any new show? You slowly figure out who every character is, what their motivations are, what their backstory is.
I agree with PatAg. Many times we don't know anything about characters for a few episodes, sometimes even multiple seasons. This seems different for a lot of us, b/c they aren't "new" characters to us. But we obviously don't know everything about Ahsoka's and Sabine's time together. We'll get there.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Quote:

That sounds like something that would turn me off the entire series pretty quickly.
Red Five
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Quote:

That sounds like something that would turn me off the entire series pretty quickly.
I agree. It's the kind of fantastical nonsense that completely ruins the believability of a story about space wizards with laser swords.
bobinator
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Quote:

I'm a little afraid that this is what the people in charge think also.

Because of the way that conversation with Hera and Ashoka went, I'm wondering if they're going to just not mention the Purrgil at all. Like the imagery is definitely all already there in the runes and on the star map, so if you know what happened, that's definitely what happened, but I'm wondering if they're going to talk around it in this show.

Thrawn and Ezra will probably be like "one moment we were in the fight, and the next moment we were here" or something.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Red Five said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Quote:

I agree. It's the kind of fantastical nonsense that completely ruins the believability of a story about space wizards with laser swords.
Now that is a burn
#FJB
Saxsoon
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

What's a purgill?

Basically the purgil are space whales yes. But they naturally could travel the hyperspace lanes and are the basis and inspiration for hyperspace travel in the Star Wars universe
Saxsoon
AG
bobinator said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Quote:

I'm a little afraid that this is what the people in charge think also.

Because of the way that conversation with Hera and Ashoka went, I'm wondering if they're going to just not mention the Purrgil at all. Like the imagery is definitely all already there in the runes and on the star map, so if you know what happened, that's definitely what happened, but I'm wondering if they're going to talk around it in this show.

Thrawn and Ezra will probably be like "one moment we were in the fight, and the next moment we were here" or something.

I could have sworn we saw purgil in one of the trailers. We definitely saw an outline of one in the sky over the stone circle in episode 2
bobinator
AG
We actually saw them much clearer in a hyperspace scene in The Mandalorian, but that's what I'm wondering is if there will be visual references to them but if they won't actually be full on seen or talked about. Like there's visual references to them all over that star map.

So like, if you already know, you know, but I'm wondering if they'll just kinda skip over that for the new viewers.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I thought I heard them when the fallen Jedi were waiting for Morgan at the ruins.
Belton Ag
AG
I get the feeling that Baylan and his padawan aren't going to go all in with Elsbeth. Especially the padawan, she looks pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing.
bobinator
AG
I don't have much knowledge of anything that isn't in any of the shows, but do we think that's his daughter and that's why he left the Jedi? Would that line up time-line wise at all?
jeffk
AG
Belton Ag said:

I get the feeling that Baylan and his padawan aren't going to go all in with Elsbeth. Especially the padawan, she looks pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing.

insert she's a witch! dot GIF
Belton Ag
AG
bobinator said:

I don't have much knowledge of anything that isn't in any of the shows, but do we think that's his daughter and that's why he left the Jedi? Would that line up time-line wise at all?
Their names imply some kind of connection beyond master and apprentice. I'm right where you are on their backstories though. I think this show is their introduction to the Star Wars universe.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If I had to guess, the dad starts moving back towards the light (already showing doubts about killing Ahsoka), his daughter kills him, and becomes the main baddy of this series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, it's very likely she was born well after Order 66. She looks to be about early 20's, mid 20's at most.

This is set 28-30 years after Order 66.

(Unrelated, but Ezra is pretty much the exact same age as Luke and Leia.)
Belton Ag
AG
jeffk said:

Belton Ag said:

insert she's a witch! dot GIF
Saxsoon
AG
bobinator said:

We actually don't know. This is their first time in any capacity

I thought it was interesting that they introduced quite a few mysteries that the animated folks also don't know about. But it does lead to stuff like this where folks aren't sure if it is a mystery for this show or just something they should have caught up on

We don't really know about these two, we don't know what happened between Ahsoka and Sabine. This Sion thing we saw is also new
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If I had to guess, the dad starts moving back towards the light (already showing doubts about killing Ahsoka), his daughter kills him, and becomes the main baddy of this series.
Since when are they dad and daughter? They have different last names.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.