*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,179 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It'll be nice to finally have post-episode discussions on TA like back in the day.
tk for tu juan
Dual lightsaber scene from show

Flashdiaz
AG
I do miss the sounds of lightsabers. Going to have to turn it up and warn the family not watching that the house might tremble.
jokershady
AG
Gotta be honest….kinda upset they aren't toothpick sabers….
The Porkchop Express
tk for tu juan said:

Dual lightsaber scene from show

CHOPPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I missed his noises.
i is smart
AG
The lekkus on Ahsoka look so much better. Did they opt for CGI or find something Dawson was comfortable in?

I want a live-action Chopper war crime.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Best. News. Ever.

Finally.

I honestly think I'm going to like this show 10% more than I already would have, due to this change alone.

Of the major streamers, Is Netflix the last midnight premiere holdout? Apple, Amazon, Disney+, Hulu, and Max all now do some variation of a premiere between 6 PM and 9 PM Pacific.

As it should be.
redline248
AG
Does it really matter for Netflix, though? At least for shows since they dump all the episodes at once?
TCTTS
AG
True.
RebAg13
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Best. News. Ever.

Finally.

I honestly think I'm going to like this show 10% more than I already would have, due to this change alone.

Of the major streamers, Is Netflix the last midnight premiere holdout? Apple, Amazon, Disney+, Hulu, and Max all now do some variation of a premiere between 6 PM and 9 PM Pacific.

As it should be.

Hate to be a debbie downer but 9 PM Pacific is still ****ing midnight here on the East Coast, lol. They all need to do a 6-9 PM EST release. You left coast folks can either watch at 3 in the afternoon or as soon as you get home from work.
TCTTS
AG
I have zero problem with that, but I'm afraid it's unlikely to happen. That said, I just did a bit of research, and it's not all bad. At least four of the major streamers have 9 PM Eastern or earlier drops...

7 PM Eastern - Amazon Prime Video

9 PM Eastern - Apple TV+
9 PM Eastern - Disney+
9 PM Eastern - Max

12 AM Eastern - Starz

3 AM Eastern - AMC+
3 AM Eastern - Hulu
3 AM Eastern - Netflix
3 AM Eastern - Paramount+

5 AM Eastern - Peacock
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Knocked out the Ahsoka's Exit arc of TCW. Really enjoyed that. And just like the final arc of the show, it makes for a great standalone story. It works without any other context needed. And I always enjoy the noir/mystery stories the best.

Since I've already seen the final arc of TCW, moving on to the three Tales of the Jedi episodes on the Ahsoka playlist.

Will probably knock out the 8 Rebels episodes on Sun/Mon.
jenn96
AG
I would love to watch this but I didn't watch Rebels or The Clone Wars. I don't have time to watch them in full and don't find the idea of watching isolated episodes out of several multi-series shoes remotely appealing - I won't know who anyone is or what their backstory is. And from all the tweets and reviews it sounds like Ahsoka basically starts where Rebels ends and assumes the audience is up to speed. So I doubt I'll watch Ahsoka at all even though I'm a big Star Wars fan who has watched and liked all their other shows (except BoBF of course). It's the Marvel problem - once I was expected to watch multi-episode TV shows to understand the nuances in the movies, I just got off the train.

It does look awesome and should be a fun ride for Rebels/Clone Wars fans.

Edited to add I did NOT mean to select the angry face emoji! I'm not mad!
wangus12
AG
Watch a 30 minute review by Screencrush. It'll tell you what you need to know
The Porkchop Express
An interesting question posed from another board: Will Disney Plus be able to handle how many people simultaneously log on at 8 pm Tuesday night to watch Ahsoka? Putting its big shows out previously at 2 a.m. probably circumvented any worries about bandwidth overload.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be honest, I kind of doubt enough people care about this show that Disney will have to worry. Unfortunately I feel like between Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, and Mando S3, a lot of casual fans have probably fallen off.
sburg2007
I think you are 100% correct.
MrPlow2010
AG
I haven't watched any of the animated shows either but I watched this recap that breaks down most of it.

AliasMan02
AG
I'm sure there's some of that but there's a whole generation who grew up with Ahsoka as their prime Star Wars protagonist.
Madmarttigan
AG
I could see it going either way but Disney has put out a ton of mediocre content so I don't see it starting out that way. Word of mouth could make it really big by the end of the season.
Formerly tv1113
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright, halfway through the Rebels episodes. Thoughts so far...

I'm not really a fan of Ezra at all, but that's probably unfair since I've only seen him in four episodes, and have no context of his origins. I thought it was pretty funny how he thought they killed Vader after their first encounter.

The moment Ahsoka feels Anakin's presence and figures out Vader is Anakin was a great moment. And her vision where she talks to Anakin, who asks why he abandoned her, was a great scene. I assume this was all internalized guilt, or maybe Yoda was somehow communicating through this vision.

Still hate the pencil lightsabers, sorry TPE.

I feel like these last four are where the real meat is gonna be. Excited to see her interact with Maul and Vader. (Although I've already seen the major Ahsoka/Vader stuff on YouTube.)

Also hoping there will be some explanation/setup for Thrawn in these, though I'm sure most of that will have taken place in other episodes.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I, for one, am just proud that you are watching Rebels.
AliasMan02
AG
I just rewatched the 4-episode arc of TCW where Tano leaves the order. Just fantastic.
cbr
AG
You're in for a treat if you're about to start the last 4 of clone wars.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Last four Rebels episodes on the Ahsoka playlist.

Already saw the end of TCW.
jeffk
AG
Here's a good rundown on the episodes dealing with Thrawn.

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2023/07/11/grand-admiral-thrawns-best-star-wars-rebels-episodes-watch-ahsoka-series/#:~:text=The%20season%203%20premiere%20of,an%20onscreen%20Star%20Wars%20story.
The Porkchop Express
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

I, for one, am just proud that you are watching Rebels.
Here, here. It's a fantastic series that feels authentic despite shoe-horned in to a very narrow gap of time where a lot of parameters are already set up. Ezra took a log time to grow on me, much like Ahsoka did. He's basically Star Wars Aladdin when the show starts, but he grows up, especially once he gets a damn haircut.

Still wishing against wishes that there's a Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan Jarrus flashback cameo in Ahsoka. He was phenomenal throughout the series, especially at his end.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Funny you say Aladdin, cause the first half of Twilight of the Apprentice is basically just Aladdin and Jafar in the cave of wonders.
AliasMan02
AG
People rip on Ezra as "space Aladdin" but that was completely intentional. He's literally build as space Aladdin.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Funny you say Aladdin, cause the first half of Twilight of the Apprentice is basically just Aladdin and Jafar in the cave of wonders.
This is what AI gave me for "ezra brider and sabine wren flying on a magic carpet over lothal"

Aggie_Journalist
AG
I always thought space Aladdin would have been a better back story for Anakin.

Start him as a teenager or 20-something instead of a kid.
Give him a sister.
Make him a rogue-ish character with a heart of gold. Someone who has used the force without realizing it was the force to con and steal for a living.
Dispatch obiwan to Tattoine to handle some threat and have him meet Anakin and his sister there.
Kill the sister in the finale.
Make that grief, anger and vengeance the seed that turns Anakin into Darth Vader over the course of episodes 2 and 3.
He should love sand.
Alas.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
I started watching the eight Disney+ approved, Ahsoka-related Rebels episodes a few days back, and while I thought the action and the visuals were impressive, try as I might, there's something about animated shows like this that I just can't get past. I finished the first episode, but bailed on the second about five minutes in, gave the first Maul episode a shot, which was about halfway through the bunch, but then bailed on that one as well, and finally went ahead and jumped straight to the last two episodes and watched those all the way through. Though, I thought they were going to be the last two episodes of the series, and setup/pave the way for Ahsoka, but it turns out they weren't.

Honestly, the half-hour ScreenCrush recap was WAY more informative/helpful, and I highly recommend just watching that for anyone else who hasn't seen Rebels yet. It provides a ton of context, and I now feel 100% prepared for Tuesday.
TCTTS
AG
Slight tangent, but something I did really like about what I saw of Rebels was the concept of The World Between Worlds, to the point where I was actively wishing something similar (if not the exact same thing) would have been a major plot point in the sequel trilogy instead. Rather than The First Order trying to build another redundant, uninspired, planet-sized super weapon, one that simply blows up even more planets, it would have been so much more fun and mysterious if there was an archeological race of sorts to find, excavate, and utilize the portal. Basically, take Mads Mikkelsen's character's motivation from Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, apply it to Kylo Ren, and have Kylo/The First Order obsessed with wanting to go back in time to try and wrong the rights of Vader's and Luke's actions at the end of Return of the Jedi. Then let Rey represent the whole "let the past die" thing and, thematically speaking, make the sequel trilogy more about needing to move on from the OT/PT era (while also paying homage to it). Heck, Thrawn could have even taken Snoke's place to a degree, and the whole Ezra-sacrifices-himself-and-Thrawn-to-The-Outer-Regions thing could have made for the perfect Episode VIII, Empire-like cliffhanger, only it's Rey and not Ezra.

I don't know, it's just such good drama, and the perfect nostalgic McGuffin, that for lack of a better word was "wasted" on an animated show not everyone has seen, when the sequel trilogy was in desperate need of something fresh, and this basic plot line would have been the perfect solve.

Oh well. At least it makes for a good cliffhanger/lead-in here, and I'm definitely eager to see where it all goes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.