*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,131 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Let's freaking go!
Ambres
AG
Soooo in.. can't wait to see this series
jeffk
AG
Interesting that in this Mando-saturated market they've chosen to have Sabine ditch her armor.

Really cool to see the Ghost crew in live action.
wangus12
AG
Getting the band back together
Ag Since 83
AG
Ohhhh boy.

"Heir to the Empire"
XXXVII
Where in the timeline does this take place, and who do we think the two sith in the trailer are?
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
hunter2012
AG
XXXVII said:

Where in the timeline does this take place, and who do we think the two sith in the trailer are?
I wonder if they're from the Eternal Empire, a separate force faction from the outer rim. I only speculate because Thrawn and Ezra are also thought be in the outer rim. They seemed to emphasize the orange lightsabers in the trailer, and they're attacking Imperials so I don't think they are Sith.

That being said the timeline is thought to be towards the end of Rebels, basically showing Ahsoka's story during the same time period. Then it's going to be in the Mandalorian era.
Edit: I found my graphic in the Star Wars thread. Hopefully it will explain it. As far as the characters both Sabine and Ezra are about Luke/Leia's age(I think Sabine is one or two years older).

Charlie Conway
jeffk said:

Interesting that in this Mando-saturated market they've chosen to have Sabine ditch her armor.

Really cool to see the Ghost crew in live action.
hunter2012
AG
Yeah, from what I remember Sabine only wears her helmet when she's on mission. She definitely not from the Children of the Watch.
jeffk
AG
hunter2012 said:

Yeah, from what I remember Sabine only wears her helmet when she's on mission. She definitely not from the Children of the Watch.

I was only commenting on the trailer. All the shots of her that I saw there were armor-less.
Charlie Conway
yeah I noticed it as well but came across the tweet so it looks like she will have it as some point
Madmarttigan
AG
I haven't watched any animated stuff, but I am far more excited for this vs any other Star Wars content (Mando has been great too but a little lacking this season filled with fluff) Hoping we branch into a great new non skywalker storyline with Thrawn.

One day I will catch up and watch clone wars and rebels.
hunter2012
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I haven't watched any animated stuff, but I am far more excited for this vs any other Star Wars content (Mando has been great too but a little lacking this season filled with fluff) Hoping we branch into a great new non skywalker storyline with Thrawn.

One day I will catch up and watch clone wars and rebels.
In a way it's a lot to catch up on because this series appears to be a direct sequel to Rebels, which in turn is a soft sequel to Clone Wars(recurring characters). Live Action Onlys will probably be lost without a lot of exposition in the first few episodes.
jeffk
AG
I bet Disney will have a "Get ready for Ahsoka" playlist on D+ at some point this summer.
redline248
AG
There is no way they leave Luke out of this show, right?

also, I'm really friggin' excited for this one.
XXXVII
I just can't get into the animated series. I'll have to settle for a summary of what happened.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
XXXVII
I thought they looked kind of orange. I found this:

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
hunter2012
AG
I would bet that at the very least he'll show up in the movie.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
All I need is some Ysalamiri and Mara Jade and I will be set.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
redline248
AG
Who says that the short haired woman with the orange lightsaber isn't Mara
hunter2012
AG
If the rumors are true that the orange wielders in the trailer are dark(fallen) jedi, then it could be that the orange sabers are Jedi sabers that have been corrupted with dark side power. Whereas Red sabers are "bled" fully by the dark side users.

Update, the orange sabers make an appearance in one of Claudia Grey's books, Master and Apprentice. I have yet to read it. Apparently some orange sabers are made with a different crystal than kyber.
Mathguy64
AG
I caught the Phantom so part of these clips are early Rebels. I didn't see the Ghost but I don't blame them for holding back that. And no Kanan or Zeb glimpses.

ETA. Obviously the tower on Lothal was there too.

More than any live show besides Kenobi I want this to be good. Rebels was such good story telling I want this to be at that level.
hunter2012
AG
Quote:

And no Kanan or Zeb glimpses.
Mathguy64
AG
If they show the Phantom he's not done his Michael J Fox transformation yet.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I would have given this 10 stars if I could

And a mention of "Heir to the Empire?"

Let's gooooooooo!
Thanks and gig'em
CondensedFogAggie
Personally I'm way more excited to see Admiral Thrawn, but that's because I haven't seen much shows/animation/movies featuring Ashoka aside from some guest appearances. Whereas Thrawn was the **** ever since I first saw him in TIE Fighter the game way back in the early 90's

Can anyone recommend what to watch to get caught up on Ashoka?
The Porkchop Express
hunter2012 said:

Quote:

That is the best gif ever for what was said.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
wangus12
AG
hunter2012 said:

Quote:

The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

There is no way they leave Luke out of this show, right?

also, I'm really friggin' excited for this one.
I would bet good money that the scene from Book of Boba Fett with Luke and Ahoska is in the series along with a conversation or two beforehand about where she's going and what she's after.

Maybe they already filmed them all and were just holding them in reserve since they would have had all the principles in place to do so.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
wangus12
AG
redline248 said:

Who says that the short haired woman with the orange lightsaber isn't Mara
It would be just be yet another ginger character stolen from our already small representation
The Porkchop Express
hunter2012 said:

If the rumors are true that the orange wielders in the trailer are dark(fallen) jedi, then it could be that the orange sabers are Jedi sabers that have been corrupted with dark side power. Whereas Red sabers are "bled" fully by the dark side users.

Update, the orange sabers make an appearance in one of Claudia Grey's books, Master and Apprentice. I have yet to read it. Apparently some orange sabers are made with a different crystal than kyber.
Without hitting too hard on rumors, Ray Winstone appears to be a fallen Jedi who escaped Order 66 and the other one is his apprentice. There's also Morgan Elsbeth, the woman who Ahsoka fought on that one episode of Mando. She appears to be pretty central to the plot as well based on rumors, and it's said that she is a Nightsister, although how they'll translate that from what it originally was to what it was in Clone Wars is anyone's guess.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
wangus12
AG
Also, I want Loth-wolves to make an appearance in this
The Porkchop Express
wangus12 said:

Also, I want Loth-wolves to make an appearance in this
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
Also if you didn't know, [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Elizabeth_Winstead][/url]Mary Elizabeth Winstead, who is playing Hera, is married to Ewan McGregor, which makes 2 things now canon.

1) After Kanan died, Hera upgraded to a Jedi Master.

2) Hera is the first known being in the galaxy to bang 2 Jedi.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
DallasTeleAg
I'll just be happy to see force users, again. Never watched the cartoons and don't plan on it, so I hope they give us some backstory, or i'll just go find a YouTube video and spend half an hour catching up.

The only thing that tempers my expectations is how horrible the sequel trilogy is, and how they basically ruined the legacy of the Jedi up to Rise of Skywalker. Why am I to care about the Jedi if I know the greatest of them becomes a useless nobody on an isolated planet, and there really isn't any other group of organized Jedi?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.