*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,159 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It just occured to me that Anakin's force ghost exists at this point.

No doubt Ahsoka will speak to him before the end.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In fact, if Filoni fully goes for the fanboy moment, maybe Ahsoka visits Luke to share/gather intel, and then Anakin appears to both of them together.

He's directing episode 5, so I'm calling my shot that whatever Anakin stuff we get happens here.
Mathguy64
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It just occured to me that Anakin's force ghost exists at this point.

No doubt Ahsoka will speak to him before the end.

Anakin, ObiWan and Yoda. All three are force ghosts.
Red Five
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

In fact, if Filoni fully goes for the fanboy moment, maybe Ahsoka visits Luke to share/gather intel, and then Anakin appears to both of them together.

He's directing episode 5, so I'm calling my shot that whatever Anakin stuff we get happens here.
That would be great.

I'd love to see any kind of interaction between Ahsoka and Luke where she talks to him about what his father was like.
The Collective
AG
Maybe Ashoka will give him better intel on his mom than Leia did.
Charlie Conway
thought I was on the Astros board for a second lol
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PatAg said:

Morgan Elsbeth was not a very inspired name choice

I was laughing about that too. I've often thought that about Luke Skywalker. But ME is way more average than that.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

You can also see Filoni's major love of the prequels when Shin tracks Sabine on Lothal, she does it very similarly to how Maul tracks the Jedi on Tatooine in TPM - the small probe droid, watching from a distance, then the sneak attack, and even the escape - although it's her jumping onto the ramp to get away from Ahsoka rather than Qui-Gon jumping onto the ramp to get away from Maul.

TCTTS
AG
veryfuller said:

Who do we think is the other non-jedi in the mask?

Its got to be someone we know right?

Love the look of that dude. He reminds me of Snake Eyes. His mask is sick.
jabberwalkie09
AG
veryfuller said:

Who do we think is the other non-jedi in the mask?

Its got to be someone we know right?
Almost assuredly. Many have speculated its Barriss Offee but I'm not sold on that. Barriss fought nearly on peer with Anakin in TCW. Marrok I don't think was nearly on that level against Ahsoka on Correlia. Whoever it is, I think they will assuredly have a connection to Ahsoka.
wangus12
AG
I'd be very disappointed if it's Bariss but I could definitely see them doing it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This, plus when Ahsoka is flying to Sabine to rescue her during her lightsaber fight is straight out of TPM as well.
cbr
AG
Hagen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Some of y'all saying a show with women will never appeal to teenage boys. Uh, have you seen the actresses they cast?

All three main characters are super hot.

I'm sure teenage boys hated the extended shot of Sabine's ass on the speeder bike. No thanks!
I'm sure they would, but they will never see that scene because they don't care about the show. This show isn't targeted to that audience.

I'm enjoying it a lot, but I'm a SW fan of everything, but none of my teenage kids (boys or girls) and their friends have shown any interest in watching it or even discussing it. I hope that changes as I want this show to succeed.

No offense but honestly my take on it was that I wish at least some of these women were hot, but this is a teenager rebellious-pink-hair-is-cool stage of life type of show and an 'Everyman' concept, and they deliberately cast non hot women because of that.

Bottom line, these are not hot women. Not in the scheme of things.

AgLiving06
I'm watching episode one now.

First impression is Hera is miscast. Just doesn't have the right look or feel to match the Rebels.
Ag Since 83
AG
Pretty good firist two episodes. My only real complaint was that in true Star Wars fashion, they pretended like they might kill off a major character for about as long as it took Disney Plus to auto play the next episode.
The Porkchop Express
cbr said:

Hagen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Some of y'all saying a show with women will never appeal to teenage boys. Uh, have you seen the actresses they cast?

All three main characters are super hot.

I'm sure teenage boys hated the extended shot of Sabine's ass on the speeder bike. No thanks!
I'm sure they would, but they will never see that scene because they don't care about the show. This show isn't targeted to that audience.

I'm enjoying it a lot, but I'm a SW fan of everything, but none of my teenage kids (boys or girls) and their friends have shown any interest in watching it or even discussing it. I hope that changes as I want this show to succeed.

No offense but honestly my take on it was that I wish at least some of these women were hot, but this is a teenager rebellious-pink-hair-is-cool stage of life type of show and an 'Everyman' concept, and they deliberately cast non hot women because of that.

Bottom line, these are not hot women. Not in the scheme of things.

Mathguy64
AG
They are alien women. Aliens.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

jeffk
AG
Before I watch any of those, can you tell me if there's any truly hot women in them?
C@LAg
AgLiving06 said:

First impression is Hera is miscast. Just doesn't have the right look or feel to match the Rebels.
Rosario Dawson was the same for Ahsoka (in MandoBoba)

She had NONE of the persoanlity, drive, spirit of Rebels Ahsoka.

It is all dour, slow, joylessness.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're thinking of Clone Wars Ahsoka. She was way more dour in Rebels. Which makes sense considering the things she went through.
TCTTS
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You're thinking of Clone Wars Ahsoka. She was way more dour in Rebels. Which makes sense considering the things she went through.
no. i am specifically talking about the joyless live action variant of the Rebels version.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And this is what, 10-15 years after Rebels? Either way, she's now a woman in her 40s who's clearly been through a lot, much of which we haven't seen or been privy to as of late, in addition to all the crap we did see her go through. She now reads as a bit of a crushed soul trying to find her purpose again, which I think works perfectly.
cbr
AG
Well, life without hot women is generally joyless.
redline248
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Pretty good firist two episodes. My only real complaint was that in true Star Wars fashion, they pretended like they might kill off a major character for about as long as it took Disney Plus to auto play the next episode.
Did anyone think for even a moment that Sabine was gonna die from that? I don't know if I'd even assume the writers wanted anyone to think she might die.

Felt more like an ultimate lesson in humility for her.
redline248
AG
Oh, I wanted to touch on the topic of Ahsoka talking with Force Ghost Anakin, or even telling Luke about Anakin.

Maybe a topic for the main thread, but wouldn't we all assume Luke would be trying to talk to Ghost Anakin as much as possible? And vice versa?
jabberwalkie09
AG
wangus12 said:

I'd be very disappointed if it's Bariss but I could definitely see them doing it
I think it would be a cheap way to reintroduce her character personally. I'd really like it to be a youngling we saw at some point from TCW. There were a few from the lightsaber building arc if they weren't killed. Gungi made it out so maybe someone else did?
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

Oh, I wanted to touch on the topic of Ahsoka talking with Force Ghost Anakin, or even telling Luke about Anakin.

Maybe a topic for the main thread, but wouldn't we all assume Luke would be trying to talk to Ghost Anakin as much as possible? And vice versa?
What would they talk about though? "Yeah, Obi wan had the high ground. I ****ed up big time. Remeber the high ground is a thing." "Yeah, I used it on you in the Death Star II."

Jokes aside, I'm just not sure why Luke would want to talk to him.
jabberwalkie09
AG
cbr said:

Well, life without hot women is generally joyless.
Isn't that why Lucas gave the Star Wars Universe Twileks?
jabberwalkie09
AG
AgLiving06 said:

I'd disagree with this take. I was not thinking that Mary Elisabeth Winstead could fill the flight suit that Vanessa Marshall left but I think that she can. She's a bit more standoffish for sure but to some degree their relationship might have matured at this point where she's not so much direct space mom but someone who cares about Sabine. It came across to me in episode one that she had basically given up hope on Ezra but saw a slight sliver of hope ther with the map. She's still a great pilot, confident, and optimistic which is what Hera brought to the table in Rebels iirc. Kanan was more pessimistic that balanced her out.

I have some reservations but I'm hoping it will pan out to be OK in the end.
Madmarttigan
AG
Hera was ok, but yeah her mannerisms or something seem off.

I will say the interactions with her and chop seemed spot on.
Formerly tv1113
The Porkchop Express
I can see Hera lightening up considering she was in the Alliance before any of them, they won, and most importantly she became a Mom. Being a parent can get a lot of joy into your life.
redline248
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

redline248 said:

What would they talk about though? "Yeah, Obi wan had the high ground. I ****ed up big time. Remeber the high ground is a thing." "Yeah, I used it on you in the Death Star II."

Jokes aside, I'm just not sure why Luke would want to talk to him.
You wouldn't want to talk to your dad you never knew and then died 5 minutes after you met him?
The Porkchop Express
The guy playing Marrok has been a stunt double for Henry Cavill in Man of Steel and Chris Pratt in Jurassic World, so unless Barris Ofee had a late-life growth spurt, I'm not sure how that could possibly be her. None of the other inquisitors we've seen have been somebody known before they moved into that role.

Was I the only one majorly bummed that Admiral Ackbar wasn't on Home One?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.