*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,100 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Dekker_Lentz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just wish after the fight Anakin and Ahsoka had a longer scene together before she was rescued.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jeffk
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

I just wish after the fight Anakin and Ahsoka had a longer scene together before she was rescued.

He absolutely gave her an Irish goodbye. Classic Ani.
jokershady
AG
Y'all think we're done with the flashbacks for these last 3 episodes? We still gotta get to Thrawn but part of me is wondering if we end up getting another flash back either dealing with the backstory with Sabine's parents or another "lesson" from Anikan in some way.

Man I just want more of Annie and Snips on screen together that was sooooooooooooooo GOOD
jeffk
AG
I'm actually hoping we start episode 6 with a live action version of the purggil taking Ezra, Thrawn, and the SSD to the new galaxy.
KCup17
AG
I really liked the scene where Ahsoka had the saber to Anakins throat and for a brief moment you could see her eyes go red and face distort to copy Anakin's. As if foreshadowing she would turn down that path if she decided to dispatch this version of Anakin. Then she throws the saber away and as Anakin steps back both her and Anakins faces return to normal. Thought that was a really really cool moment.
KCup17
AG
I really hope they spend some time in the next episode catching us up with what has been going on with Ezra and Thrawn in the time between their disappearance and now.
jokershady
AG
KCup17 said:

I really liked the scene where Ahsoka had the saber to Anakins throat and for a brief moment you could see her eyes go red and face distort to copy Anakin's. As if foreshadowing she would turn down that path if she decided to dispatch this version of Anakin. Then she throws the saber away and as Anakin steps back both her and Anakins faces return to normal. Thought that was a really really cool moment.
dadgummit Erik Voss get your episode breakdown video out already!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
KCup17 said:

I really hope they spend some time in the next episode catching us up with what has been going on with Ezra and Thrawn in the time between their disappearance and now.

We are completely blind going into these last 3 episodes. I'm pumped.
The Porkchop Express
jeffk said:

I'm actually hoping we start episode 6 with a live action version of the purggil taking Ezra, Thrawn, and the SSD to the new galaxy.
The first two minutes are this with Thrawn and Ezra.

hunter2012
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

She had to let go of her guilt about causing the deaths of so many clones during TCW.

I'm not arguing this, it's just that in the scenes/episodes I've seen of her in Clone Wars and Rebels, I didn't get that vibe at all. I don't mean this sarcastically, I'm legit asking... so really, the entire reason she's been so mopey and stoic this series is because she caused the death of a bunch of clones way back in the day when she was a kid? Even though we've seen her have way more personality/spark since then? I guess I just always assumed she was basically a lost, wandering soul now, ever since Ezra left, and that's why she's been so down.
She's been a wondering soul since her exile from the order. She knows that she wants the light side to prevail but overall she been wondering ever since then. This lesson(like the reddit post mentions) is the ultimate lesson about the light side. It's even something that the Republic Jedi order forgot along the way, they became soldiers and lost sight of the fact that they're meant to be peacekeepers and bringers of Justice. Instead they fought for a side and were destroyed for it. Luke and now Ahsoka have taken the lesson to heart, both being taught that lesson by Anakin.
Sea Speed
AG
So I assume these space whales eat space krill due to the baleen?
redline248
AG
Sea Speed said:

So I assume these space whales eat space krill due to the baleen?
Could be regular krill. Or cloud krill. They do spend some of the time flying around a planet with vast oceans
hunter2012
AG
Ok so my only gripe about the episode that took me out of the narrative was when they called them whales. Every spacer in star wars will know what a Purgil is, especially since they're a frequent danger in hyperspace travel. I wished that Jacen and Carson would call them Purgil for consistency sake.
bobinator
AG
What's weird about the whales thing is they went out of their way previously to have Huyang say "space whales called Purrgil" in the episode where they arrived at Seatos. I thought the whole point of that was to introduce the Purrgil to the audience that doesn't already know them but then they called them whales again.
redline248
AG
Who called them space whales this episode, the captain of the fleet cruiser? I can let it slide because I never got the feeling that they were commonly known. Maybe at least not since most hyperspace routes would likely be well established to steer clear of them.
maroon barchetta
Watched the new episode tonight.

Knew they were going to Jonah their way to another galaxy after Ashoka went Spock mind meld with Gracie.

Haven't read all 145 replies since it aired but maybe I'll catch up later.

Nice for Snips and Anakin to have a Potter/Dumbledore moment. I enjoyed that part.
C@LAg

this was back when ezra saved her.

still relevant.
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
KCup17
AG
I also think this the best performance we've had by Hayden Christensen in live action.
KCup17
AG
C@LAg said:

this was back when ezra saved her.

still relevant.

Also relevant because Ahsoka went from Ahsoka the Gray to Ahsoka the White over the course of the episode.
jokershady
AG
KCup17 said:

I also think this the best performance we've had by Hayden Christensen in live action.
agreed! And his facial expressions were always actually really good especially in RotS….it was just the dialogue that was so rough….
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

Who called them space whales this episode, the captain of the fleet cruiser? I can let it slide because I never got the feeling that they were commonly known. Maybe at least not since most hyperspace routes would likely be well established to steer clear of them.
Someone needs to re-record the theme song from "Spaceballs!" about Space Whales.

And that joke makes me sad that Morgan Elsbeth didn't tell the droids to push the Eye of Sion to ludicrous speed when they jumped away from Seatos.

Urban Ag
AG
This show is so all over the board.

The flashback scenes with Anakin were absolute joy. Hayden was better in those scenes than anything from the PT. Whoever the young gal that was cast to play "Snips" absolutely nailed Clone Wars Ahsoka. And mind you, that was Snips, not Ahsoka, if that makes sense.

And then we go back to Hera and Ahsoka which is face plant flat, uninspired, and boring. And the new Republic pilots are just kid show cringy.

And why isn't Ray's character getting more screen time?

So much potential for greatness, such an overall mediocre product.
Urban Ag
AG
jokershady said:

KCup17 said:

agreed! And his facial expressions were always actually really good especially in RotS….it was just the dialogue that was so rough….
100% agree. Hayden was perfect. The dialogue between him and Ahsoka was worth slogging through the previous episodes for.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Basically how I'd react at home if my wife weren't right there to judge me.
The Porkchop Express
Looking back over the first 4 episodes through our new "Influenced by Anakin" lens and you really see how close far from her true self Ahsoka has gone.

First episode - could have just run away from the droids at the temple. There was no one else around that they were threatening, and now way they could out run her. Instead she has to slice them up, which then leads to them self-destructing and her barely making out alive, and this ancient historical site being leveled.

Second episode - When the Imps turn on them on Corellia, she's slicing people up left and right with her saber, and when she encounters Marrok, she makes no attempt to talk, just starts swinging. My best SW friend in the world compares it to his biggest pet peeve of the prequels, which is when Maul is waiting for them on Naboo, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon draw first. He loves to say, "How, about we take a minute and say, Hi, hey, who are you? What's your deal? Who do you work for? Nope, just straight to the fighting."

Third episode - lots of warranted action, no need to try another way.

Fourth episode - Meets Shin for the first time, says nothing, and really comes across as the overaggressive, impatient one when she encounters Baylan Skoll. That fight is remarkably like Anakin's first duel with Count Dooku. Dooku is a great swordsman, but by that point his best weapon - and most favorite - is clearly his mind.

You can definitely see Anakin acting in the exact same way in every one of those scenarios, while someone like Obi-Wan would have been investigating, figuring out other ways to achieve his goal, and shying away from killing unless 100% necessary.
Urban Ag
AG
Quote:

My best SW friend in the world compares it to his biggest pet peeve of the prequels, which is when Maul is waiting for them on Naboo, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon draw first. He loves to say, "How, about we take a minute and say, Hi, hey, who are you? What's your deal? Who do you work for? Nope, just straight to the fighting."

Well, ok. But in their defense, the previous and only time Qui-Gon and Kenobi had met Maul, he attempted to murder them after nearly running over a little kid. Didn't seem much on conversation, more of a get straight to the point kind of Sith.

Of course my sarcasm meter could be malfunctioning.
The Porkchop Express
Urban Ag said:

Quote:

My best SW friend in the world compares it to his biggest pet peeve of the prequels, which is when Maul is waiting for them on Naboo, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon draw first. He loves to say, "How, about we take a minute and say, Hi, hey, who are you? What's your deal? Who do you work for? Nope, just straight to the fighting."

Well, ok. But in their defense, the previous and only time Qui-Gon and Kenobi had met Maul, he attempted to murder them after nearly running over a little kid. Didn't seem much on conversation, more of a get straight to the point kind of Sith.

Of course my sarcasm meter could be malfunctioning.
First Sith anyone's seen in a millennia. You'd think you'd have questions.
Urban Ag
AG
That's what lopping a hand or two off is for. Time and time again, Star Wars proves you get someone's full attention after cutting an arm or leg off. It's a winning strategy.
The Porkchop Express
Urban Ag said:

That's what lopping a hand or two off is for. Time and time again, Star Wars proves you get someone's full attention after cutting an arm or leg off. It's a winning strategy.
Well the real problem was that by the end of the fight, Qui-Gon didn't have the guts to ask the tough questions.

redline248
AG
When Darth Maul shows up in that hanger he just straight up lights up his saber. I suppose they could have tried to delay him some, but I think Jedi, despite believing the Sith are extinct, know better than to think any sort of reasoning is part of the equation. Obi-Wan will later go on to say Sith lords are the Jedi's specialty. Mace had no qualms about snuffing out Palpatine.

I do agree with you about how Anakin would handle things. He was a fan of aggressive negotiations, after all. Ahsoka definitely leaned that direction.
maroon barchetta
They had already seen Maul on Tatooine.
jokershady
AG
Quote:

Um……think your friend needs to bone up on his Star Wars…..

'Ole Maul drew first…..

Edit: trying to get a YouTube video to imbed here never had that problem before….

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.