*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,140 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That would have been loads better than what we got.

I rewatched the prequel trilogy this weekend. Had a great time watching those. While I have rewatched each of the sequels a few times, with most rewatches being TFA, I have never felt compelled to spend an entire Saturday night rewatching that trilogy.
#FJB
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

Honestly, the half-hour ScreenCrush recap was WAY more informative/helpful, and I highly recommend just watching that for anyone else who hasn't seen Rebels yet. It provides a ton of context, and I now feel 100% prepared for Tuesday.

Well I highlier-recommend everyone watch every SW animated series ever made. Checkmate.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I haven't watched any of the animated shows either but I watched this recap that breaks down most of it.

Thanks for sharing. I have watched all of Rebels but never finished TCW. I only remember snippets of both.
#FJB
The Porkchop Express
jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

Honestly, the half-hour ScreenCrush recap was WAY more informative/helpful, and I highly recommend just watching that for anyone else who hasn't seen Rebels yet. It provides a ton of context, and I now feel 100% prepared for Tuesday.

Well I highlier-recommend everyone watch every SW animated series ever made. Checkmate.
Ditto, the animated series have some of the best moments of the last three decades of Star Wars, and I say that as a enormous fan of the sequels and all of the Disney+ series.

The Bad Batch's episodes from this year - "The Solitary Clone" and the "Outpost" are both programming geared specifically towards adults with incredible themes and great voice acting.
The Collective
AG
jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

I will never watch SW Resistance.
AliasMan02
AG
There are scenes I legit forget I'm watching animation.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Young Jedi Adventures, anyone?
jabberwalkie09
AG
The Collective said:

jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

I will never watch SW Resistance.

Resistance has zero impact on the Star Wars universe. I always recommend if someone is going to skip an animated series, skip that one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I haven't watched any of the animated shows either but I watched this recap that breaks down most of it.

Thanks for posting this. I finished with the World Between Worlds this morning, but this filled in the gaps of why Ahsoka is looking for Ezra, and why seeing the Purgill in Mando S3 was such a big clue for the Ahsoka show.

I agree that the World Between Worlds would have been a much better plot device for the sequels than what we got. Before the recap, I was going to say that they still might use this to create a parallel timeline to the sequels, but now I know the temple was destroyed, so that's doubtful.

But since Ahsoka is still set decades before the sequels, there is still ample opportunity for Thrawn to return and some major battles take place before then. Still think Luke comes back and we have a big Avengers style team-up of all our Mando-verse players, and probably Ezra as well.

Ready for tomorrow.
jeffk
AG
Look, if I had to watch Resistance and Young Jedi Adventures, everyone should.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Forgot to mention, it was cool to see them go back and answer how the Ashoka/Vader duel ended. That definitely felt a big wtf when that happened offscreen.
The Porkchop Express
5-1/2 years after the series wrapped up, Spilner has become Star Wars Rebels Jim Gaffigan.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rebels still felt like a pretty big step down from TCW. It never reached the heights of the best TCW arcs in my opinion.

Some great individual moments though.
AliasMan02
AG
The lows of TCW are looooooow, though
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

Ditto, the animated series have some of the best moments of the last three decades of Star Wars, and I say that as a enormous fan of the sequels and all of the Disney+ series.

The Bad Batch's episodes from this year - "The Solitary Clone" and the "Outpost" are both programming geared specifically towards adults with incredible themes and great voice acting.

To be clear, I wasn't saying don't watch the animated stuff ever. The quality was definitely better than I expected. I just meant, if you're like me and needed to catch up in the next 48 hours.
hunter2012
AG
Here's a fun sneak peak at Chopper and Hera. From the little there I think they have the characterizations down. I think it's been confirmed that besides the death star kills, Chopper has the highest kill count on screen. I love the fact they showed his complete lack of concern for blowing a ship up over a population center. Pretty well only behind Hux(Starkiller base), Tarkin(Death Star), and Luke(Blowing up the Death Star).

Red Five
AG
I need a Chopper and HK-47 buddy cop show where they're just a sadistic bizarro version of Artoo and Threepio.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

To be clear, I wasn't saying don't watch the animated stuff ever. The quality was definitely better than I expected. I just meant, if you're like me and needed to catch up in the next 48 hours.
If only they had been available earlier ...
The Porkchop Express
hunter2012 said:

Here's a fun sneak peak at Chopper and Hera. From the little there I think they have the characterizations down. I think it's been confirmed that besides the death star kills, Chopper has the highest kill count on screen. I love the fact they showed his complete lack of concern for blowing a ship up over a population center. Pretty well only behind Hux(Starkiller base), Tarkin(Death Star), and Luke(Blowing up the Death Star).

You saw it a little in Filoni's response to seeing Rosario Dawson in Ahsoka's costume on that 7 minute preview video, but just imagine things you drew from your own imagination becoming animated characters with voice talent and adventures and fans, and then see them become real people in a giant "real" universe that you can see and touch. It just must be the greatest feeling a creative person can have.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02 said:

The lows of TCW are looooooow, though
Oh I agree. Unfortunately, I watched the movie in theaters.
The Porkchop Express
Red Five said:

I need a Chopper and HK-47 buddy cop show where they're just a sadistic bizarro version of Artoo and Threepio.

The Meatbag Awakens
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What if Ahsoka opens during the Battle of Endor? That would be an awesome way to learn what she was doing during that time. Can't imagine she was just chilling during the climactic battle of the entire Rebellion.
The Porkchop Express
I was under the impression she takes Ezra's "Come and find me" to heart when they part ways after escaping Palpatine in the World between Worlds and goes looking for him throughout the entire OT, and when she figures out where he might be, she decides to ask for help from Hera and Sabine, to get out to the Unknown Regions.

Other than confirmations of Anakin and Mon Mothma appeareing (and Thrawn / Pelleaon), they have been exceptionally tight-lipped about who all is appeaering in this show, but my gut tells me there are going to be some epic cross overs coming.
TCTTS
AG
I take it that was the last time Ahsoka saw Ezra? In the World Between Worlds? I don't think the recap I watched mentioned whether they saw each other again.
The Porkchop Express
Correct, after she reunites with Morai, we don't see her again until Sabine's epilogue in the final scene of the final episode.

I suspect those scenes with Hera and Chopper probably also have a tween / young teen Jacen Syndulla in them as well, which should be awesome.
TCTTS
The Porkchop Express
My wife has turned into a TikTok star making homemade soap and selling it, and I've convinced her to some Star Wars ones. Ahsoka is coming out first.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG

Correct, after she reunites with Morai, we don't see her again until Sabine's epilogue in the final scene of the final episode.

I suspect those scenes with Hera and Chopper probably also have a tween / young teen Jacen Syndulla in them as well, which should be awesome.

I heard they brought Lucas in just to write Jacen's dialogue.

YIPPPIIEEEE
That's a neat trick!
The Porkchop Express

nm
The Porkchop Express
AliasMan02 said:

I heard they brought Lucas in just to write Jacen's dialogue.

YIPPPIIEEEE
That's a neat trick!
Grand Admiral Thrawn told me to stay in this cockpit, and that's what I'm going to do!
sburg2007
Do we saw Zeb for a minute in mando season 3. We have to get more here right?
Mathguy64
AG
sburg2007 said:

If you don't have Zeb there to meet Ezra then the writers are idiots. I don't think they are.
jokershady
AG
Mathguy64 said:

sburg2007 said:

If you don't have Zeb there to meet Ezra then the writers are idiots. I don't think they are.
TC made a point about his appearance in M-S3 and I agree with him….

The effect is awesome as hell and looked completely amazing!!!! But….that had to be expensive so odds are we won't be seeing too much of Zeb….
Mathguy64
AG
jokershady said:

Mathguy64 said:

sburg2007 said:

TC made a point about his appearance in M-S3 and I agree with him….

The effect is awesome as hell and looked completely amazing!!!! But….that had to be expensive so odds are we won't be seeing too much of Zeb….

You don't need him much. But he needs to hug Ezra and say something like "now I have to share my room again. Glad to have to back kid"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.