*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,139 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

I guess. It just seems weird to me that part of the audience knows exactly what happened and part has no idea on something so central to the plot. Like the non-rebels watchers have to be wondering what in the world happened that not only did they disappear but they're possibly in the next galaxy over.
I agree, and its why I'm with you that it would both have made for a great intry AND just made it easier to tell the story for them when they were writing it all out.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I hate to crap on the show for it but I definitely would be lost without rebels.

Hell I was lost with the map weirdness and with Sabine being a Padawan even when I did watch it.
Formerly tv1113
The Porkchop Express
Episode 4 rumored to be 42 minutes long.
And some dude on Reddit who knew details from the 3rd epsiode before it aired says that a
Marrok ID reveal is in it.
Quad Dog
AG
Think these first few episodes would have been better much shorter and as a first act to a movie.
The Porkchop Express
The actress who plays Morgan Elsbeth hints at a rematch with Ahsoka in the latest EW star wars podcast. And has some lovely things to say about Ray Stevenson

"I will tell you one thing: the fight scene for sure. We had about 17 hours to kick out that fight scene between Rosario and me [in The Mandalorian]. Whereas this time around, we had days at it. Let's just say that. There were days at it for that fight scene. It's a long, involved fight scene. It's pretty intense.

There's so much action involved in this. I don't want to say too much, but there are some incredible moments between all of us… A lot of what I did in The Mandalorian served me well in Ahsoka."

"It was real heartbreaking for me to hear about Ray's passing. We spent a lot of months together. We were like a family. Ivanna [Sakhno] was one of the first people I spoke with. We were both just in tears…
I looked at Ray as a mentor. I'm sure Ivanna can tell you the same thing. He was just such an extraordinary human being, and so gracious…
One thing I can definitely say is Ray was so excited for this character to be released into the world. I know he just felt so happy that the fans were going to experience this particular side and universe of Star Wars. He's an incredible talent. He's going to be missed. I know everyone in the cast, and the crew, and all the producers just loved Ray. The fans are just going to love his character.
I used to call him poetry in motion on the sets. He was walking poetry."
jokershady
AG
Just got done with episode 3 and I've got to say this was the best of the 3 so far….

This episode (at least so far) has proven that more thought and care has gone into the story for this show than BoBF, Obiwan, and Mando S3.

I'm 100% on board with:

1. Training Sabine with it becoming very clear everyone knows she sucks at it. It's a refreshing take on training Jedi and let's be fair….who as a fan hasn't put ourselves in those shoes and wondered what it'd be like if it were possible…..it's a neat take.

2. The purgils. So glad that ring was not a weapon and a hyperspace transport based on the purgils and trying to find Thrawn when it was known he's no longer in this galaxy.

3. The senate stuff. This was well done and the first time Hera actually seemed like Hera from Rebels.

Loved it!
fig96
AG
Random note as she's a more interesting story than a lot of people may realize, the actress is Diana Lee Inosanto. She's Bruce Lee's goddaughter and the daughter of Dan Inosanto, one of Bruce Lee's training partners and collaborators. She was the original stunt double for Sarah Michelle Gellar on Buffy and has trained and doubled for a ton of big name stars.
The Porkchop Express
fig96 said:

Random note as she's a more interesting story than a lot of people may realize, the actress is Diana Lee Inosanto. She's Bruce Lee's goddaughter and the daughter of Dan Inosanto, one of Bruce Lee's training partners and collaborators. She was the original stunt double for Sarah Michelle Gellar on Buffy and has trained and doubled for a ton of big name stars.
Super cool story. She mentioned it on her social media after her episode of Mando aired a few years ago as well.
TCTTS
AG
Instead of Thrawn and Ezra returning to the Star Wars galaxy, is there any chance our heroes from Ahsoka end up in the other galaxy? And just… stay there? And that's how we get around/"ignore" the sequels? We simply start new adventures, in a new galaxy, with eventual new characters?

Otherwise, seeing as Ahsoka & co aren't around for the sequels (that we know of), if they stay in the Star Wars galaxy, they presumably die before the events of The Force Awakens, and do fans really want to watch another story, a la Rogue One, where our heroes die just before the events of another saga trilogy?

redline248
AG
The first tweet has a decent point. I'm not sure we need another galaxy to tell stories when there truly is so much to still explore in this one.

However, you make a good point too... what will Star Wars do to get around Ezra and Ahsoka (and Grogu) being missing from the sequel events?

I'm sure Filoni has a plan for Ahsoka, at least, but going into an unknown galaxy feels like a cop out.
Hulla Baller
AG
TCTTS said:

Instead of Thrawn and Ezra returning to the Star Wars galaxy, is there any chance our heroes from Ahsoka end up in the other galaxy? And just… stay there? And that's how we get around/"ignore" the sequels? We simply start new adventures, in a new galaxy, with eventual new characters?

Otherwise, seeing as Ahsoka & co aren't around for the sequels (that we know of), if they stay in the Star Wars galaxy, they presumably die before the events of The Force Awakens, and do fans really want to watch another story, a la Rogue One, where our heroes die just before the events of another saga trilogy?

Like the...Milky Way?
Legal Custodian
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Episode 4 rumored to be 42 minutes long.
And some dude on Reddit who knew details from the 3rd epsiode before it aired says that a
Marrok ID reveal is in it.
Potentially real dumb question here, but is there a chance that he's the precursor to the Knights of Ren? I mean his head gear looks like it already.
bluefire579
AG
Hulla Baller said:

TCTTS said:

Like the...Milky Way?
Well, E.T. made it here, so not out of the question
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Maybe they get back right after the sequel trilogy ends and set the stage for future adventure in a Filoni-verse
cbr
AG
Maybe they issue an official apology and exorcism of the sequels and start over.
powerbelly
AG
That is one of the theories floating around
ja86
AG
multi-verse is the way to go.... Maybe we can see a Loki/Ahsoka team up....
fig96
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Yeah I hate to crap on the show for it but I definitely would be lost without rebels.

Hell I was lost with the map weirdness and with Sabine being a Padawan even when I did watch it.
I'm trying to catch up on Rebels, watched the first season when it came out and it didn't grab me. But yeah, a lot of things I'd have no idea about.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Preview clip for tonight.

The Porkchop Express
So excited to see Sabine with her gear on! her second fight with the apprentice looks like she's taken the helmet off, but Dave has to give us one proper shot of a Mandalorian holding a proper lightsaber, right?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm sorry, but jumping to hyperspace will never not be the coolest thing ever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell. Freaking. Yes. What an episode!

We're four episodes in, and every episode has been better than the last. More importantly, we haven't had a single egregiously terrible thing yet. (Ie. Leia forest chase, Mod Squad Vespa Rangers, etc.)

Three fantastic lightsaber duels, awesome John Williams tier music, and that freaking ending. I literally jumped up off my couch as soon as I realized where Ahsoka was.

I am a happy Star Wars fan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Question. The line about Sabine's family dying because her Master didn't trust her. Is that new info, or something already shown in CW/Rebels?
The Porkchop Express
I will go ahead and say that this was the best Star Wars has been in any format since Return of the Jedi.

As soon as I can get my family to go to bed, I'm watching that again.

AMAZING!
twilly
AG
Fallen Jedi
Many paths one could follow on this episode
The Porkchop Express
Best lightsaber fight since TPM also
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
twilly said:

Fallen Jedi
Many paths one could follow on this episode
As soon as I saw that title, I said to my daughter, "That can mean a whole lot of different people."

I've got the chills right now. I'm going to go uber-nerd and take notes on my 2nd watch but there was just SO MUCH GREATNESS.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I rarely do this, but I'm going to rewatch immediately, with Star Wars Theory's reaction.
twilly
AG
Guess this means Morai has to show up next week.
bobinator
AG
Now we're talking
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Question. The line about Sabine's family dying because her Master didn't trust her. Is that new info, or something already shown in CW/Rebels?

New info iirc. This episode was amazing in many respects.

Sabine in full regalia. Sabine making choices and fighting with a lighsabger. Ahsoka dueling. Sabine not dying in lightsaber duel. Carson Teva. Hera. Huyang.

I'm hooked through the end of the series for sure.
Madmarttigan
AG
TC shattered the glass on the slow dialogue for me so it is still kind of annoying, but that was indeed a hell of an episode. Sabine turning her back on Ahsoka for Ezra was probably the best part.

Can someone explain what the hell marrok was and yeah I don't know what the line is about Sabines family all dying on Mandalore because of Ahsoka don't remember that from rebels.
Formerly tv1113
TroyMc
That was some of the better effects, fight scenes and cinematography I've seen in a while on Star Wars.
gougler08
AG
So Marrok just was some type of creature filled with gas? Only part I didn't love of that episode but can certainly overlook that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.