*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,110 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

I mean, who among us with kids hasn't been there, am I right?

Kind of like the time I had to drag my toddler daughter along to poker night when my wife was called into work one evening.
Exactly.

My dad took me on many construction sites as a kid where all kind of dangerous things were going on. Mostly I would just watch from the truck. I learned a lot of lessons as a young lad, for example, not to eat a pouch of Red Man, or to get off that f***ing bulldozer.
The Porkchop Express
Thing online says only 9 seconds of footage from the trailer remain unseen - the 2 shots of Thrawn, Hera walking off the ramp of the ghost, the Ghost and Ahsoka's ship flying together, and three NR cruisers jumping out of light speed.
hunter2012
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I was excited about game day this past weekend, too.

And there's a fresh one if you mouth off again.
maroon barchetta
KCup17
AG
Why do inquisitors even have the spinny saber? Aren't they like 0-4 using them?
Mathguy64
AG
The best part is when the Inquisitor goes into spinning blades of death mode, Ahsoka calmly sets her blade in samurai mode, waits for it and makes one cut. End of Inquisitor with the fancy spinning blades of death.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
KCup17 said:

Flashdiaz
AG
lol that was soooo dumb.
GreasenUSA
AG
KCup17 said:

Didn't they beat Ezra in like season 2? Can't remember
redline248
AG
GreasenUSA said:

KCup17 said:

Didn't they beat Ezra in like season 2? Can't remember
An inquisitor beating Ezra would be like the equivalent of a below average major league pitcher striking out Bryce Harper when he was 16.
GreasenUSA
AG
Or like a stormtrooper hitting the backside of a barn with his blaster (drunkfaceemoji)
hunter2012
AG
KCup17 said:

I think the canon reason for the spinny sabers are meant to be an intimidation tactic. Since, most of the Jedi survivors are padawons or young inexperienced knights that were out on missions when order 66 was issued. So very few of them were as adept with a saber as the Qui-Gon branch of the tree. It was meant to be an intimidation tactic since the inquisitors themselves were intentionally kept weak enough to not challenge the Sith. In rebels, Tales of the Jedi, and now Ahsoka, Ahsoka isn't intimidated in the slightest by the spinny sabers, especially since she's defeated at least 4 inquisitors that made use of them. Basically it's a gimmick meant to intimidate lessor opponents.
KCup17
AG
hunter2012 said:

KCup17 said:

I think the canon reason for the spinny sabers are meant to be an intimidation tactic. Since, most of the Jedi survivors are padawons or young inexperienced knights that were out on missions when order 66 was issued. So very few of them were as adept with a saber as the Qui-Gon branch of the tree. It was meant to be an intimidation tactic since the inquisitors themselves were intentionally kept weak enough to not challenge the Sith. In rebels, Tales of the Jedi, and now Ahsoka, Ahsoka isn't intimidated in the slightest by the spinny sabers, especially since she's defeated at least 4 inquisitors that made use of them. Basically it's a gimmick meant to intimidate lessor opponents.

They look cool in live action. Anytime I see the saber start spinning I know it's curtains for this inquisitor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah spinny lightsaber bull**** basically just means that fighter is trash.

Grievous had four of those, Obi-Wan had zero problem.
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah spinny lightsaber bull**** basically just means that fighter is trash.

Grievous had four of those, Obi-Wan had zero problem.
friekin noobs

jokershady
AG
There's a tv spot that came out for tonight's episode on YouTube that seems fake because of the channel that posted it……pretty much it's clips of stuff we've seen already from previous episodes intermixed with clips from RotS…..

Except for one……

I don't see how this scene would've slipped past all the YouTubers that breakdown trailers and things that we've seen and not brought this up nor do I know how this person would've gotten this clip if it's legit but I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case if it's real…..

the very last clip shows Ashoka facing the camera in a close up shot fighting someone with lightsabers and the back of the person she's fighting CLEARLY has to be Anikan based on the hair….but the saber he's using appears orange and not red….

Course I won't know until Friday but there ya go
twilly
AG
He could probably spin the ship. Most 9yo future Jedi can do that in the SW universe.
Sea Speed
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Sea Speed said:

Also is he a foundling? How tf does she have a little Hispanic kid?
Let me break it down for you.

So we have to have watched a cartoon to know why she is lugging this little ******* child around?
Belton Ag
AG
Sea Speed said:

Sea Speed said:

So we have to have watched a cartoon to know why she is lugging this little ******* child around?
You don't need to watch a cartoon to know how babies are made.
bobinator
AG
Two folks that are completely different SPECIES hook up and have a child that's almost completely human except his hair is green and we're worried that he's too hispanic looking?
Sea Speed
AG
Belton Ag said:

Sea Speed said:

Sea Speed said:

You don't need to watch a cartoon to know how babies are made.

Fair enough, I've had enough practice to know better.
Sea Speed
AG
bobinator said:

Two folks that are completely different SPECIES hook up and have a child that's almost completely human except his hair is green and we're worried that he's too hispanic looking?

I legit just thought it was some random adopted kid. The fact that its supposed to actually be hers is mind blowing to me quite honestly. I know you have to have beaucoup suspension of disbelief but that is just absurd.
jokershady
AG
bobinator said:

with the green hair I thought he was Irish….
Belton Ag
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, did Hera have a gardener at some point?
bobinator
AG
It's Star Wars, it's fine. Star Wars is actually usually at its best when it's like "is that vital to the plot? No? Then don't worry about it" and at its worst when it starts trying to explain stuff.
Sea Speed
AG
Also in a universe where almost everyone has some wild ass name besides Luke, how does that kid end up named Jason?
Belton Ag
AG
Yeah last time people started to question characters lineage we wound up with midichlorians.
bobinator
AG
C'mon, his parents were Star Wars Millennials, it's actually Jacen
The Porkchop Express
Sea Speed said:

Also in a universe where almost everyone has some wild ass name besides Luke, how does that kid end up named Jason?

It's an homage to Jacen Solo from the EU
Sea Speed
AG
And now for some discussion about terrible decision making. The captain in one of the opening scenes who fully believes Chad and Stacey are lying to him about being jedi just let's them come on to his ship anyways. Like bro, you can talk to them without letting them board your ship. While I've never been a captain of a starship, I've been captain of a sea going ship, and I won't let some strange craft come within a mile of me, let alone one come cozy up beside me, especially if I think they could be freaking pirates.
The Collective
AG
Belton Ag said:

bobinator said:

Yeah, did Hera have a gardener at some point?

More like, does she have a maidservant?
jabberwalkie09
AG
bobinator said:

It's Star Wars, it's fine. Star Wars is actually usually at its best when it's like "is that vital to the plot? No? Then don't worry about it" and at its worst when it starts trying to explain stuff.

Basically. Of the things people complain about in Star Wars where we have ronin space wizards, two different species having a kid or the kid being too [insert ethnicity] doesn't seem like something to really latch onto and complain about.
jeffk
AG
Sea Speed said:

And now for some discussion about terrible decision making. The captain in one of the opening scenes who fully believes Chad and Stacey are lying to him about being jedi just let's them come on to his ship anyways. Like bro, you can talk to them without letting them board your ship. While I've never been a captain of a starship, I've been captain of a sea going ship, and I won't let some strange craft come within a mile of me, let alone one come cozy up beside me, especially if I think they could be freaking pirates.

It's an old Jedi code.

Open fire!
jokershady
AG
Sea Speed said:

And now for some discussion about terrible decision making. The captain in one of the opening scenes who fully believes Chad and Stacey are lying to him about being jedi just lets them come on to his ship anyways. Like bro, you can talk to them without letting them board your ship. While I've never been a captain of a starship, I've been captain of a sea going ship, and I won't let some strange craft come within a mile of me, let alone one come cozy up beside me, especially if I think they could be freaking pirates.
the captain should have heeded these words from 'ole Luke…..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.