*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

170,920 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I'll just be happy to see force users, again. Never watched the cartoons and don't plan on it, so I hope they give us some backstory, or i'll just go find a YouTube video and spend half an hour catching up.

The only thing that tempers my expectations is how horrible the sequel trilogy is, and how they basically ruined the legacy of the Jedi up to Rise of Skywalker. Why am I to care about the Jedi if I know the greatest of them becomes a useless nobody on an isolated planet, and there really isn't any other group of organized Jedi?

If you are wondering if the Jedi legacy has been ruined, boy are you going to identify with Ashoka.
XXXVII
DallasTeleAg said:

I'll just be happy to see force users, again. Never watched the cartoons and don't plan on it, so I hope they give us some backstory, or i'll just go find a YouTube video and spend half an hour catching up.

The only thing that tempers my expectations is how horrible the sequel trilogy is, and how they basically ruined the legacy of the Jedi up to Rise of Skywalker. Why am I to care about the Jedi if I know the greatest of them becomes a useless nobody on an isolated planet, and there really isn't any other group of organized Jedi?

Once they fire Kathleen Kennedy, I hope they re-write an alternate universe to make the sequel trilogies just a side story that's no longer cannon.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
The Porkchop Express
DallasTeleAg said:

Worked out OK for this guy.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
hunter2012
AG
XXXVII said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Once they fire Kathleen Kennedy, I hope they re-write an alternate universe to make the sequel trilogies just a side story that's no longer cannon.
The rumor is that the world between worlds of rebels episode creates that alternate timeline and the Mandoverse is in the new one, and that that Favrou and Filoni have every intention of rewriting the sequel trilogy. I'd be happy to call one the Kenedy-erse and the other the Filoni-verse. I can tell you already which one is better.
Madmarttigan
AG
XXXVII said:

DallasTeleAg said:

This would please me greatly
The Porkchop Express
Screen caps!

Star Wars News Network refers to this as Jedi Temple ruins.

I should not be this happy seeing the little guy, but I am!

This is an actress named Ivanna Sakhno who the site calls Ray Stevenson's character's apprentice.

Mon Mothma busts out a new jacket after 35 years.

My nerd cup runneth over.

Morgan Elsbeth (Diana Lee Inosanto) who fought Ahsoka in Mando Season 2

Site says Ray Stevenson's character's name is Baylan. Definitely is standing in the World Between Worlds.

Best look at Hera.

Hot Sith

Briefest of glimpses of the star of Rebels, Ezra Bridger, who wisely started trying to get with Sabine about 10 minutes after he met her.

An inquisitor? WHy is Ahoska fighting him at the Port of Houston?

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Worked out OK for this guy.

Did it?
hunter2012
AG
Quote:

Briefest of glimpses of the star of Rebels, Ezra Bridger, who wisely started trying to get with Sabine about 10 minutes after he met her.

Well it looks like she's wearing his jacket in the trailer and she lives in the same tower that he lived in so it appears she feels the same(at least by the end of Rebels).
wangus12
AG
XXXVII said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Ultimate power move by Filoni if he does that
DallasTeleAg
Would be awesome, but it would never happen. All the little girls have to have the all powerful Rey, so they can feel validated and empowered.

Would love for us to start with Luke opening his eyes and the audience realizing the sequel was all a premonition he has if he were to go through with trying to kill Kylo Ren, so he doesn't and we can rewrite everything.
redline248
AG
hunter2012 said:

Quote:

Well it looks like she's wearing his jacket in the trailer and she lives in the same tower that he lived in so it appears she feels the same(at least by the end of Rebels).
I think by the end she was ready to jump that ship to hyperspace
YouBet
AG
hunter2012 said:

XXXVII said:

DallasTeleAg said:

The rumor is that the world between worlds of rebels episode creates that alternate timeline and the Mandoverse is in the new one, and that that Favrou and Filoni have every intention of rewriting the sequel trilogy. I'd be happy to call one the Kenedy-erse and the other the Filoni-verse. I can tell you already which one is better.
Have been preaching this for many pages. Probably the first, actually.
redline248
AG
I will be the first to say that while I greatly dislike the story of the sequels, I also hate the idea of using time travel to "rewrite" them. World between worlds was a good cartoon device, but I am really hesitant about it's potential for live action or impact on the movies.
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

I will be the first to say that while I greatly dislike the story of the sequels, I also hate the idea of using time travel to "rewrite" them. World between worlds was a good cartoon device, but I am really hesitant about it's potential for live action or impact on the movies.
They're not going to rewrite the sequels. He used the winky emotion when he wrote it.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

redline248 said:

They're not going to rewrite the sequels. He used the winky emotion when he wrote it.
I know they aren't. I guess I should have said that as much as I didn't like the movies, I am not one who wants them re-done.

I still am really leery of what can happen with time travel in SW
Dro07
AG
Maybe they can force heal the time rifts
XXXVII
DallasTeleAg said:

Would be awesome, but it would never happen. All the little girls have to have the all powerful Rey, so they can feel validated and empowered.

Would love for us to start with Luke opening his eyes and the audience realizing the sequel was all a premonition he has if he were to go through with trying to kill Kylo Ren, so he doesn't and we can rewrite everything.

And he could be all like "the cost would be too great" in reference to Han and others being killed.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
TXAG 05
AG
Oh boy. This looks so good.

The world between worlds was one of the few things I didn't really care for in Rebels, so hopefully they don't go too overboard with it.
hunter2012
AG
I think the main detail with it is that Ahsoka was supposed to die to Vader on Malachor and that Ezra's interference in the world between worlds creates a different timeline. So they shouldn't have to use it again although it does appear that at least one duel happens there.
XXXVII
Does that mean a star wars multiverse is actually already part of the cannon, and therefore, my hopes and dreams of erasing the sequel trilogy could come true?
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
tk for tu juan
IThe Porkchop Express said:

An inquisitor? WHy is Ahoska fighting him at the Port of Houston?

It's going to be a short fight since that character is already halfway through with cutting their leg off
jeffk
AG
Tis but a scratch!
TCTTS
AG
In 4K...

Ag Since 83
AG
XXXVII said:

DallasTeleAg said:

And he could be all like "the cost would be too great" in reference to Han and others being killed.
2015 spoiler tag. Nice.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Vader is Luke's father
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
PatAg
AG
Ray Stevenson being in this as a villain has so much promise, I've been a huge fan of his since Rome.
He has been in a mix of great stuff and garbage, be he is always compelling in his role.
Belton Ag
AG
PatAg said:

Ray Stevenson being in this as a villain has so much promise, I've been a huge fan of his since Rome.
He has been in a mix of great stuff and garbage, be he is always compelling in his role.
Yeah Ray Stevenson is always watchable, even in terrible movies.
tk for tu juan
jeffk said:

I bet Disney will have a "Get ready for Ahsoka" playlist on D+ at some point this summer.
A playlist of Ahsoka Essential Episodes is now on the Star Wars page of Disney+. They also have the 4K/Dolby Atmos version of the trailer
jabberwalkie09
AG

He voiced Thrawn in Rebels iirc.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Paint him blue and he looks perfect.
Mathguy64
AG
There had been a rumor it was going to be Benedict Cumberbach. Enough that he had to deny it.

Going with the voice actor is the good move.
Danger Mouse
AG
hunter2012 said:

XXXVII said:

DallasTeleAg said:

This is the way.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
The Porkchop Express
Lars had been denying it like Andrew Garfield style for 2 years.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
jokershady
AG
That is correct! So awesome they got his original voice actor to play Thrawn!
The Porkchop Express
Kevin Kiner announced to score the series with some assistance from Ludwig Gorrason.

Kiner - scored most of the amazing original music for Clone Wars and Rebels.

If you haven't watched the animated stuff. Here's a couple to really enjoy

Ahsoka Leaves - when she walks away from the Jedi Order when they try to promote her to Jedi Knight after she is falsely accused of a crime. Probably her most important moment of development.

Anakin and Ahsoka - when they fight while he's Vader

LG's "Ahsoka Lives" from Season 2 of Mando is also really beautiful.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.