*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,176 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grimey said:

This is the first I've heard of any flashback Ahsokas... but it would be pretty cool if Clone Wars Ahsoka was played by Ashley Ekstein.
AT the very least she should be voiced by her
jabberwalkie09
AG
Mathguy64 said:

After the mess of Obi-Wan, Lucasfilms and Disney are for me betting everything on this show. It ties Clone Wars, Rebels and some very well established characters together. They have to get this writing right.
Given that this is written and directed by Filoni and that Filoni did TCW, Rebels, and was involved in Mando I'm really hoping he did this right. The biggest "if" imo is the question around how well this will be directed. IIRC Kevin Kiner who did the soundtracks for TCW, Rebels, and Bad Batch is doing the soundtrack for Ahsoka. To some degree this is arriving at "getting the band back together" territory. I doubt we will get Ashely Eckstein unless its a voice over but maybe a supporting character.

As someone who watch Rebels and TCW, I think people will have to overcome their bias in Eckstein and Vanessa Marshall's voice acting of the characters.

Edit: As a reminder, Kevin Kiner gave us this from Rebels for "Into the Star Cluster":

BenTheGoodAg
AG
Kiner has a lot of good ones.

The Porkchop Express
Ahsoka directors revealed

[ol]
  • Dave Filoni: Episodes 1 & 5
  • Steph Green: Episodes 2 & 3
  • Peter Ramsey: Episode 4
  • Jennifer Getzinger: Episode 6
  • Geeta Vasant Patel: Episode 7
  • Rick Famuyiwa: Episode 8
  • [/ol]

Steph Green directed the 2nd episode of BOBF - the one where he gets into Sandpeople society. Also directed episodes of The AMericans, American Gothic, Bates Motel, Preacher, Luke Cage, Watchmen, and the Man in the High Castle among others.

Peter Ramsey is director of the first Spider-verse movie, and directed the Mando episode where the Mandalorians fought the pirates on Nevarro

Jennifer Getzinger has directed episodes of Orange is the New Black, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Westworld, and Outlander

Geeta Vasant Patel:has directed episodes of the Mindy Project, Dead to Me, the Magicians, and the fantasyic House of the Dragon episode "The Lord of the Tides" which features not only the time jump, but the moment where Viserys walks into the throne room like a boss and takes over the proceedings

Rick Famuyiwa was exec director of Mando Season 3 and directed from Season 1 "The Child" and "The Prisoner", Season 2 "The Believer", and the Season 3 opener as well as the last 2 episodes "The Spies" and "The Return'

Mathguy64
    AG
    It's not the director. It's all about the writer. Alfred Hitcock couldn't have directed the crap known as BoBF and ObiWan
    redline248
    AG
    hunter2012 said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but it came out a while back that a big reason why Anakin was denied the rank of master was the requirement that a Knight train a Padawan completely to the point they they become a knight. Given Ahsoka's exit from the order, it makes his promotion denial complete BS and based on a rule technicality. They even offered to make her a knight by way of apology for expelling her from the order. By the end of clone wars Ahsoka was probably a stronger and better duelist than most of the knights in the order. It makes sense since Anakin was given the toughest missions and Ahsoka the teen soldier would be right there in the thick of the toughest battles and duels... and survived. She went toe to toe with Maul, something only Obi-won was really able to do. Anyway, just a little extra context since the show will explore the master/apprentice relationship between Ahsoka and Anakin.
    I've never heard this, and I'm not sure where it "came out.." but that's baloney, imo. The reason they didn't make him a master is b/c they never intended to put him on the council.
    The Porkchop Express
    First three episode run times reported at 54, 42, and 35 minutes long.
    redline248
    AG
    35!? That's gonna be more like 29 and a total rip off!
    jokershady
    AG
    whelp.....get to look forward to watching these every saturday now with 3 kids in public school and my oldest not getting home until around 8-9 pm every night depending on gymnastics practice.....

marking my calendar on when i need to be avoiding this thread like the dang plague.....

sburg2007
    That's rough we get basically a movie worth of run time on day 1 then a sitcom second week.
    redline248
    AG
    Watch it without them. Then watch it again
    hunter2012
    AG
    I've also heard the speculation that the reason why Mace told him to wait in the council chambers is because they planned on promoting him to master after they arrested/disposed of Palpatine.
    bluefire579
    AG
    None of this speculation matters because he took care of it himself

The Porkchop Express
    redline248 said:

Im waking my super fan up at 2 a.m. to watch the first 2 because school doesnt start for a week after.

But yeah, I don't wait for my family to watch them. They prefer sleep over Star Wars? That's on them.
    tk for tu juan

hunter2012
    AG
    This had some news including directors. It does appear that Sabine will receive training of some sort from Ahsoka, though it never said in rebels that she was force sensitive. I guess I had assumed that she was simply a weapons expert which included lightsabers.

jokershady
    AG
    redline248 said:

it's a family event in our house. Plus I do have more fun watching it with them for the first time.

I'd rather do that than constantly pretending to be surprised when something happens and they're watching it for the first time.

On top of that they've gotten pretty good and picking out Easter eggs and little tie-ins while watching so we'll be pausing and rewinding when they see stuff that are nods to other things inside Star Wars
    redline248
    AG
    Then carry on, my man. Kudos to you
    The Porkchop Express
    tk for tu juan said:

Really looks like she's fighting the Inquisitor in the same forest where she meets Mando / Grogu. Would be interesting if she decided to send them to Tython at the end of the episode in Mando Season 2 because she suspected or felt that an inquisitor was coming and didn't want Grogu at risk.
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    The Porkchop Express said:

jeffk
    AG
    Bunch of LEGO sets for the series are out now. Not sure if they're spoilery, but they do list some characters and vehicles we haven't seen in the previews yet. I could see the way the Sabine minifig looks in one of the sets might be a spoiler for some.
    The Porkchop Express
    Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    AliasMan02
    AG
    I'll get over it but...
    I'll be mildly annoyed if they make Sabine Force sensitive. They've gone to that well so many times. They need to find a new hammer to drive these narrative nails.
    redline248
    AG
    Agree.
    Mathguy64
    AG
    We are made to think in ROTS that the Jedi are all but erased. Turns out force users are a dime a dozen.
    The Porkchop Express
    Ahsoka hype has reached refrigerator calendar hype levels at the Chop House.
    TCTTS
    AG
    With one week to go, my eight-episode, Ahsoka-focused Rebels watch begins tonight, which I've never seen before. I'm just going with the eight episodes Disney+ recommends. They suggest a ton of Ahsoka-focused episodes of The Clone Wars as well, but I don't have that kind of time. Plus, I did watch those final four Clone War episodes way back when that everyone suggested (though I hardly remember what happened in them).
    Mathguy64
    AG
    The last 4 episodes of Clone Wars are some of the best SW content ever. And 100% Ahsoka centric.
    jeffk
    AG
    There's a couple of Tales of the Jedi episodes you should watch. They're short.
    redline248
    AG
    I'm gonna reply further, but I don't think it's a spoiler to talk about this.

It will actually be pretty dumb...b/c Kanan felt the force in Ezra almost immediately. How long was he doing missions with Sabine before Ezra showed up?
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    Are those listed anywhere or directly in the app?
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    Also in case anyone's interested, I had a note I made for myself back when I got ready for Obi-Wan, aside from the final arc of the Clone Wars, the big one is:

Ahsoka's Exit arc, S5 Eps 17-20
    TCTTS
    AG
    Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are those listed anywhere or directly in the app?

Yeah, go to the Star Wars tab, scroll down, and one of the horizontal playlists listed is "Ahsoka Tano Essential Episodes." It starts out with a ton of episodes from The Clone Wars, but then has eight Rebels episodes, and ends with her two live-action episodes from The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    Cool, thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.