*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,111 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jokershady said:

The Porkchop Express said:

For me, it makes total sense that she's stoic. She's trapped somewhat by her decades of experience as a survivor and as someone who had gone through incredible pain. At this point in her life, the only other person in the galaxy she knows for sure follows the Jedi teachings is the son of her former Master and arguably best friend, who she walked away from, only to have him fall and betray everything she believed in, and that she thought he believed in.

She rightfully walked away from the Jedi and while she was away, her Master as a child - Plo Koon died - and her master as a teenager - Anakin - seemingly died, and the clones that were so loyal to her and had such a great relationship with her, turn on her, with Rex the only one to fight off the effects of Order 66.

She goes into hiding but she can't escape being a Jedi so eventually she gets back into the game, aligns with Bail Organa, and finds that the Jedi aren't all gone, because there is Kanan and bonafide Padawan in Ezra. They do great work together for a bit, until she realizes the monstrous truth that Anakin is still alive. She has to confront and fight him, barely escapes with her life, has to deal with Maul yet again, and then whatever happens in the WBW causes her to not be there when Kanan dies and Ezra vanishes. She feels like she's failed again.

Then it seems like she's keeping Sabine from being on Mandalore during the Purge, and has failed another friend/student. And while she's gone from the galaxy doing who knows what, Yoda and Obi-Wan and Anakin all die, and Bail Organa dies as does all of Alderaan.

I would love even a short story from Yoda or Obi or Bail's POV during the OT, haunted by their thoughts of how close they were to Palpatine, how many times they shared the room, and never realized what was going on, and what a weight that must be. Ditto for Ahsoka. It must have a Dumbledore / Tom Riddle level of guilt to it.

Baylan is right, death and destruction follow her, even when she tries to do good.

Thats a really interesting idea and would be awesome if Andor S2 went in to this a bit.
Maybe I'll write it myself. I've had another short story idea kicking in my head for a long time, but that one is pretty interesting as well. Maybe one story from all 3 of their POVs.
The Collective
AG
Just in case there is any thought that Ahsoka going on the offensive was out of character.
The Porkchop Express
The Collective said:

Just in case there is any thought that Ahsoka going on the offensive was out of character.

Ashley Eckstein vs. Sarah Michelle Gellar is my kinda party.

PatAg
AG

When Ahsoka directly references Thrawn as "Heir to the Empire" that's a shiver down my spine that's 30+ years in the making.

Knowing that I'm going to see Thrawn and surely Gillead Pellaeon with him, in a few days or a few weeks, as real characters is just amazing. Knowing that a Sabine / Ahsoka/ Ezra / Hera reunion is coming up as well is beyond what I ever thought I'd get for those characters. I figured a Disney+ 90-minute animated movie at some point; nothing like this, with Anakin thrown in as the cherry on top.

It's the heart of Star Wars that keeps beating through that makes it all special to me, and I'm certain to some of you as well. Man, do I love this stuff.

Just cutting post down to respond to a specific part. This is another perfect example of how well Filoni is handling this so far, IMO.
Because I feel the same way about that line, BUT I like that the scene doesn't require the viewer to have any knowledge of the books to still understand what is being communicated.
So for the book readers, you are saying "hell yes!"
Anyone else will think "that's an interesting phrase, but I guess that means if Thrawn comes back he would take charge of the empire, and thats bad for the Republic based on how scared they all seem of him"
The Porkchop Express
Now he's REALLY legit.

Thrawn: The LEGO

The Porkchop Express
Cool cameo from Episode 4 - this X-Wing pilot

Is Brendan Wayne, one of the main guys who plays Mando.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I need episode five.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
That looks like Cad Bane cosplaying as Thrawn
jeffk
AG
It's the same minifig head.
sburg2007

Cool cameo from Episode 4 - this X-Wing pilot

Is Brendan Wayne, one of the main guys who plays Mando.

WHAT?!?! Pedro Pascal isn't the Mando?!?! /s
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I need episode five.
I heard something today from my friend who works somewhere who does some stuff that told me three little words about something in the episode that are going to melt our brains, and he says that's just a little bit of it.

I'm going to spoiler tag it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down here so you don't accidentally swipe it.

Live. Action. Siege of Mandalore flashback.
C@LAg
told me three little words

that is 6 words.

you suck at math.
The Porkchop Express
C@LAg said:

that is 6 words.

you suck at math.
he told me three words.
I chose to write more than three.
You, good sir, suck at reading comprehension.
C@LAg

C@LAg said:

that is 6 words.

you suck at math.
he told me three words.
I chose to write more than three.
You, good sir, suck at reading comprehension.
no, because your 3 words are utterly irrelevant without at least the last word, and it could be argued to two preceding words are necessary as well. It is obvious he mentioned those three for you to make your statement.

so i restate. accurately.

You suck at math.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You know I'm not going to look.

"Patience. You must learn patience."

I'll never understand spoiling yourself on this stuff.
maroon barchetta
I am Groot
The Collective
AG
Hera's noble end
jeffk
AG
Chopper embraces hate
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You know I'm not going to look.

"Patience. You must learn patience."

I'll never understand spoiling yourself on this stuff.
Losing 7 weeks of your life in a coma can change your perspectives on waiting for stuff.
ABATTBQ11
AG
**** you bro
Sea Speed
AG
Just finished episode 4. Half this show is cattyness between the three main new republic females, then wtf was the general doing bringing her kid out to try and find these evil people trying to bring back one of the worst people in the galaxy? Also, space whales? Really?

The two bad jedi types are the best characters in the show.
The Porkchop Express
Excellent stuff from Peter Ramsey, director of Episode 4, about how Hayden played the end reveal.

"He's a really sweet, low-key guy," Ramsey said. "He was pretty happy about being there after all this time. It had a lot of meaning for him."
As fans of The Clone Wars animated series know, Ahsoka and Anakin have a long, complicated history, going back to Ahsoka's teenage apprenticeship in that series and leading up to their painful confrontation in Rebels. But again, this is a different Anakin, one before the events of Revenge of the Sith, and Ramsey had a certain strategy of evoking a tenderness out of Christensen.
"We just talked about what it's like for him to be seeing Ahsoka after all this time, that it's a reunion for them," he said. "And I just told him, 'it's like you haven't seen your daughter in two years. She'd gone off to college and you're seeing her again and she's like a different person but still your daughter.' "
That note of direction, as Ramsey added, had a bit of extra meaning given the fact that Christensen has a young daughter of his own.
"On the Rosario side of it," he continued, "she knew what it meant in the story and it was just about selling the idea that she was waking up somewhere really having no clue as to what was going on, not understanding 'am I dead? Am I alive? Am I where I think I could be?' And the way that expression changes at the very end when she sees him and says his name is so sweet and it was just like her turning back the person she was the last time she saw him."
jeffk
AG
Sea Speed said:

Just finished episode 4. Half this show is cattyness between the three main new republic females, then wtf was the general doing bringing her kid out to try and find these evil people trying to bring back one of the worst people in the galaxy? Also, space whales? Really?

The two bad jedi types are the best characters in the show.

Putting small children in mortal danger is one of the central themes of the genre.
The Collective
AG
I think the explanation is Hera is a single parent, and she trusts no one.
jeffk
AG
Childcare costs, man.
The Porkchop Express
Jason can probably fly the ship as well as anyone at this point. And he is the son of a Jedi.
Belton Ag
AG
I mean, who among us with kids hasn't been there, am I right?

Kind of like the time I had to drag my toddler daughter along to poker night when my wife was called into work one evening.
The Porkchop Express
Belton Ag said:

I mean, who among us with kids hasn't been there, am I right?

Kind of like the time I had to drag my toddler daughter along to poker night when my wife was called into work one evening.
Once I had my growth spurt to gianthood around age 14, my dad used to take me with him to work at estate sales as his "muscle" for people who tried to steal stuff or rip him off.
Sea Speed
AG
Also is he a foundling? How tf does she have a little Hispanic kid?
The Porkchop Express
Sea Speed said:

Let me break it down for you.

GreasenUSA
AG
Sea Speed said:

He's actually Spanish.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gameday.
maroon barchetta
I was excited about game day this past weekend, too.
Orome
AG
I like this guy's takes. Valid criticism and praise.

Madmarttigan
AG
He has good points except for the marrok stuff, Ashoka should have handled him with ease. She has a history of handling inquisitors easily.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.