*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,118 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moral High Horse said:

Batzarro said:

5. I am rooting for Thrawn and the Nightsisters to wreck shop in the New Republic. Hoping for some epic space battles with Tie Defenders.

I'm interested in Thrawn's proposed policies as well. Let's hear the guy out. Sounds like he knows what he's doing. I mean really: was the Empire that bad?

I'm telling you, there's nothing wrong with a little order.
The Porkchop Express
One time I watched the first few episodes of a show and I didn't like it, so I turned it off.
The Porkchop Express
Based on the way the New Republic appears to be running things in Season 3 Mando and this show, Thrawn will be in charge in a couple of weeks.
Mathguy64
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Based on the way the New Republic appears to be running things in Season 3 Mando and this show, Thrawn will be in charge in a couple of weeks.

And then dead in 5 years or less when Palp clones start coming on the market.
The Porkchop Express
Mathguy64 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

And then dead in 5 years or less when Palp clones start coming on the market.
I think it's 23 years from where the timeline is now to when TFA starts. That's more time than between ROTS and ANH.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Sea Speed said:

Moral High Horse said:

Batzarro said:

5. I am rooting for Thrawn and the Nightsisters to wreck shop in the New Republic. Hoping for some epic space battles with Tie Defenders.

I'm interested in Thrawn's proposed policies as well. Let's hear the guy out. Sounds like he knows what he's doing. I mean really: was the Empire that bad?

I'm telling you, there's nothing wrong with a little order.
Oh boy, here's a nice can of worms for y'all ... if you haven't seen already

redline248
AG
I will not stand for this "was the empire so bad?" garbage.

The first time we see the empire they are:

Choking/snapping the neck of a prisoner
Slaughtering whole truckloads of Jawas
Killing innocent old people and burning down their house
Blowing up a peaceful planet to prove a point
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This. Revisionist history.

However, I will hear arguments for Count Dooku. Especially after seeing his Tales of the Jedi episodes.
jeffk
AG
Smells like boot-lickers in here.
Belton Ag
AG
Just because the New Republic is hot garbage and pretty much deserved to be rolled doesn't mean the Empire was even halfway decent.
bluefire579
AG
I see we've finally reached the point where people are siding with the literal space Nazis
jokershady
AG
bluefire579 said:

I see we've finally reached the point where people are siding with the literal space Nazis
well, they do sell WAY MORE TOYS than the other side
tk for tu juan
Moral High Horse
KCup17
AG
Sorry if already discussed. But I think we see Thrawn absolutely wreck the New Republic. The New Republic will win the battle/war but they will be crippled to the point in which we see the First Order come onto the scene.
The Porkchop Express
KCup17 said:

Sorry if already discussed. But I think we see Thrawn absolutely wreck the New Republic. The New Republic will win the battle/war but they will be crippled to the point in which we see the First Order come onto the scene.
Definitely agree, and it will lend credence to their decision to disarm because they keep promoting him as "The Last Grand Admiral" meaning they'll think the threat of the Empire is completely gone when he's defeated.

If they're smart (which doesn't appear to be the case a lot), they'll use Mando S4 and Ahsoka S2 (if that happens) to have Thrawn consolidating power, taking systems, running the show, and have him dominate the first half of the Filoni movie like Thanos did in Infinity War.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwqmYCSOBmw/
ChipFTAC01
AG
jbryan10 said:

For BES and others out there, I love nod to Rebels: "the blade emitter is too narrow"

Caught that as well and chuckled.
YouBet
AG
Some great episodes and some not-so-great episodes. Finale was the latter.

Things I haven't seen mentioned:

• Baylan clearly has a line on something on this planet that is supremely powerful. So how in the world does Thrawn and/or the Witches not know about this, never mention it, and not to try to capitalize on it?
  • Is it me or did Stevenson look like complete crap in this final episode? He did not look healthy at all. Maybe I'm projecting that because we knew he had died after this but to me he physically looked bad vs the other episodes. Just a damn shame he died because he was awesome in this.

Also, I agree with a few others that Thrawn isn't necessarily evil. I recently Zahn's original trilogy for the first time and Thrawn in those books was out for himself. He was using the Empire every bit as much as the Emperor was using him. He wanted order and respected enemies that matched his intelligence and cunning.

And I think having him be overweight was absurd and out of character. A personality as disciplined as Thrawn would not let himself get that out of shape. Don't care if it's been 10 years. There are plenty of older people in fantastic shape.
jeffk
AG
They way some of you guys react to Thrawn not being noticeably built is interesting to me. He wasn't morbidly obese or even mildly fat by my standards. He looked normal.
Sea Speed
AG
jeffk said:

They way some of you guys react to Thrawn not being noticeably built is interesting to me. He wasn't morbidly obese or even mildly fat by my standards. He looked normal.

I completely agree. That said, we are conditioned to see bigger people as normal these days due to how fat everyone is. But yea, dude wasn't fat.
YouBet
AG
jeffk said:

He was absolutely mildly fat. Your perception of what is fat has clearly been skewed by the morbidly obese that now run rampant in this country.
jeffk
AG
lol. I know the white uniform isn't the most flattering but y'all are something else.
YouBet
AG
jeffk said:

lol. I know the white uniform isn't the most flattering but y'all are something else.

Not my fault the character is based on someone who is thin, practices a martial art, and is a genius level strategies who is uber disciplined.

Don't cast someone who is overweight if that's the character. Otherwise, it wouldn't have mattered. Or maybe the costume person in charge sucks at their job.
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

Mads could have spent 6 weeks with a private workout guru. Or they could have belted him in a corset.

It wasn't a great look IMHO.
jeffk
AG
Just another failure to cast someone hot in this show.
Madmarttigan
AG
The further out I get from this show I just really think they had poor dialogue for Ahsoka and Sabine. They made Sabine the worst actor of the show (or maybe she is just bad) and they somehow took all personality from Dawson which is someone I usually like. They were both just dull/bland characters and caused a lot of the show to really lack personality/character.

Then you give a bland zombie stormtrooper finale that explains none of the cooler Baylon storyline and it really just feels so meh.
bearamedic99
AG
I wonder if Dawson was caught up in mimicking cartoon Ashoka and then the presentation of a calm Jedi and that is why she felt flat to you.

Is there a season 2 planned? Will it be released prior to the movie with Thrawn?
The Porkchop Express
Thrawn might be fat bit I'd much rather bang him than any of the uggo chick's on that show! Also, if cbr thought that Ariana Greenblatt needed to lose 20 pounds to play Ahsoka imagine how his head exploded when doughy ass thrawn waddled across the hangar deck of the Chimaera for the first time
TXAG 05
AG
Classic Texags. Thrawn has bit of a gut and is classified as a fat blob. I know Porkchop is joking around.
Belton Ag
AG
What an interesting turn of the thread.
jeffk
AG
*return*
Moral High Horse
eat a salad thrawn
The Porkchop Express
Belton Ag said:

What an interesting turn of the thread.
I knew it wasn't going to be good when I saw there were 9 new replies to a show that ended more than a week ago!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.