*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,099 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tbh, that senator was so over-the-top that I was fully expecting a reveal that he's an Imperial and working with Gideon.

That could still be coming, I suppose.
bobinator
AG
He would be more believable as a Littlefinger type, playing both sides behind the scenes to his own advantage, nobody sure what side he's truly on or if he even has enough conviction to actually be on a side, but his character has nowhere near that depth. Just cartoonishly antagonistic.
maroon barchetta
The Porkchop Express said:

When Ahsoka shuts down the hologram of Anakin and says, "He was a good Master." I really wanted Huyang to say, " Well, unless you are under ten years old."

I was hoping for that but Huyang isn't as saucy as K2.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I think they missed an opportunity to show corruption within their new republic. The only reason that senator would be so dumb is if he is doing some under the table deals with Morgan.
Eh, I was leaning more toward blind ambition and ineptitude over corruption. I likened it back to our government to a certain degree where reps and senators sometimes make a lot of noise before they make a run for a higher office. His line of thinking makes sense from the perspective of a galaxy that is pretty war weary at this point, dismissing threats that the larger galaxy would be saying "why should we care" type of perspective. Why would a gov official in Maine necessarily care about what is occuring in Texas, New Mexico, or California?
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

Before I forget (for the 12th time) it's pretty obvious senator d-bag is an imperialist, right? We know from Mando S3 that they are working in the background of the republic, and we also know from Bloodline (a Leia novel) that some are in the senate.
That or he is just the "bury your head in the sand" senator representative. My take on all of the 'politics' stuff is the senate is just filled with power hungry people. They resent all the people like Hera for their accomplishments in the Rebellion, and resent the power they hold because of it. Thats a pretty common trope, and also just common IRL.
PatAg
AG
If Filoni is getting a movie, I kind of hope they find a way to make any sort of return to the galaxy take place AFTER the sequel trilogy. It would leave a lot more room for an original story to be told, instead of being constrained by them.
Hagen95
AG
Are you disparaging the infamous Senator Binks again?
The Porkchop Express
PatAg said:

If Filoni is getting a movie, I kind of hope they find a way to make any sort of return to the galaxy take place AFTER the sequel trilogy. It would leave a lot more room for an original story to be told, instead of being constrained by them.
His movie is supposed to be the culmination of all the characters he has created / assisted with, meaning Mando, Grogu, Bo-Katan, Ahsoka, and the Rebels' crew. It's only 9 ABY right now. TFA doesn't start until 32 ABY. That is pretty unlikely to happen, although I understand your sentiment.
bobinator
AG
It's not really constrained by the sequels anyway. They don't really have to connect this with that. They could, but they don't have to.
jabberwalkie09
AG
bobinator said:

It's not really constrained by the sequels anyway. They don't really have to connect this with that. They could, but they don't have to.
It would be better if it wasn't connected to the ST. Not connecting directly to it would keep the franchise's fanbase of being even more polarized than it currently is imo.
The Porkchop Express
The YouTube reactor Kyle Katarn made a great observation that Baylan is what Qui-Gon might have been if he hadn't died on Naboo and gone on to train Anakin, fight in the Clone Wars, and see it all go to hell.
bobinator
AG
This isn't that important because she's not a central character, but as good as Baylan's character has been, hers is extremely weak and his relationship with her is confusing at best. He trained her to be "something more" but then just like cuts her loose and goes on his own? She just looks constantly confused and surprised.
KCup17
AG
New Republic is about as inept as Jimbo using timeouts
LB12Diamond
AG
bobinator said:

This isn't that important because she's not a central character, but as good as Baylan's character has been, hers is extremely weak and his relationship with her is confusing at best. He trained her to be "something more" but then just like cuts her loose and goes on his own? She just looks constantly confused and surprised.

He gave her opportunities to react differently to everything he was telling her.

"Your ambition drives you in one direction."

Thus, her focus on power, ambition is not aligned to whatever he's looking for at this time. If she had reacted differently, maybe he would have asked her to join him.
jeffk
AG
NGL, I was hoping Ezra's force-jitsu would look a little cooler.
The Collective
AG
Not my favorite episode - wife even called out the effects when Ahsoka landed. Why not look at that end product and decide to go a different direction?
OnlyForNow
AG
Do we know the origin of the SSD in the opening of TFA?

Is it possible it's the Chimera?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Important detail, or just an Easter Egg?

Flashdiaz
AG
List of people misused by the sequel trilogy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bluefire579
AG
The Porkchop Express
OnlyForNow said:

Do we know the origin of the SSD in the opening of TFA?

Is it possible it's the Chimera?
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jakku

That's the Ravager.

The Chimaera is not an SSD.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
Any guesses on how the finale will go down?

I'm guessing the net result is Thrawn, his army, and the night sisters depart for the main galaxy
Ahsoka, Sabin, and Ezra are left behind, but hint at riding some whales back
And I have no idea what will become of Baylon or what action set pieces we might expect. But I hope his mission is finally revealed and his storyline concluded.
Thrawn seems annoyed with Morgan. I wonder if she gets left behind to fight Ahsoka. (The actress isn't great, so Ahsoka killing her would be nice…)

It did annoy me last episode that the imperial fighters stopped chasing Ahsoka's ship. If they maintained pursuit, the ship could never pick up Ahsoka and she would pose zero threat to Thrawn

But they broke off. So Ahsoka got on her ship and has an opportunity to attack Thrawn

That's not a very Thrawn-like mistake.
KCup17
AG
I think Baylans motivations are integral to the culmination of this season's finale. It's going to tie in in some big way. Just not sure yet what that is.

To me it's pretty apparent that Ahsoka, Sabine, and Ezra don't succeed in preventing Thrawn from coming back.
Mathguy64
AG
Three ways the gang gets home.

1. On the Chimera either by stealing it, hiding in it or a prisoner on it.
2. Jonah style.
3. Finding a way to get in the World between Worlds. And that means she loses her T6.
ABATTBQ11
AG
He doesn't care about Ahsoka. He's planning on leaving as soon as his fighters and troopers are back.
C@LAg
The Porkchop Express said:

The Chimaera is not an SSD.

that's not an imperial SSD.

THIS is an Imperial SSD

https://www.seagate.com/products/gaming-drives/special-editions/beskar-ingot-drive/#Overview

C@LAg
Mathguy64 said:

2. Jonah style.
3. Finding a way to get in the World between Worlds. And that means she loses her T6.
or.... Live action Lolth-Wolves.

LB12Diamond
AG
Would that make them lose her droid?

Also, if that were an option. Wouldn't Ezra had already done that one.
Mathguy64
AG
C@LAg said:

Mathguy64 said:

2. Jonah style.

That's how they find the WBW. Ezra phones Kanan the Loth Wolf who teleports to them and shows them the WBW portal.

10% chance it happens. 95% chance they discussed in the the writers meetings.
C@LAg
LB12Diamond said:

Would that make them lose her droid?

Also, if that were an option. Wouldn't Ezra had already done that one.
No Jedi temples (which he is attuned towards).

But maybe something older and different. Like what B-dawg is looking for.
C@LAg
Mathguy64 said:

C@LAg said:

Mathguy64 said:

2. Jonah style.

That's how they find the WBW. Ezra phones Kanan the Loth Wolf who teleports to them and shows them the WBW portal.

10% chance it happens. 95% chance they discussed in the the writers meetings.
well, it took both Kanan and Ezra to open the Jedi Temple.

Maybe it takes 2 force sensitives to open whatever they find here?

So had to wait for Ahsoka or B-man.
Saxsoon
AG
I got weirdly choked up seeing 3P0. Great episode with some incredible choreography. I am still not sure what is and isn't getting wrapped up next week. I would not be shocked if their return is delayed for another season.
Marsh
AG
Interesting tidbit establishing a bit more of the time line. SIAP

In response to Xiono's questioning of the existence of the Imperial Remnant, Teva asks: "What about the conflict on Mandalore?" Xiono replies that Gideon was a "warlord" acting on his own, seemingly referring to his onslaught on Din Djarin and the Mandalorians in the season finale of The Mandalorian season 3.

So, this seems to confirm Ahsoka takes place after the Mandalorian season 3, right?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Either directly after or concurrently to some degree. If concurrently or not long after S3 Mandalorian, perhaps it would answer the question for Ahsoka might not have reached out to Luke at this point if she assumed he was teaching Grogu.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.