*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,145 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What a fat ass
redline248
AG
It's a little funny to me that we have people criticizing the live actors for not looking enough like the cartoon models, when back in like 2008 or whatever some of us were critical of the cartoon models not looking enough like the real life actors (Dooku, Obi-Wan).

Yeah, cartoon Ahsoka has bigger eyes and a narrow face, but who cares! lol
jabberwalkie09
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Maybe the caskets are a bunch of dead warriors who will be raised into an army of Marrok's?
I think this is probably it. Remember Marrok's armor was rusting or dirty as well. If he was in fact reanimated, then perhaps that is a clue that many of the troopers we saw in this episode were also reanimated corpses of death troopers by the Nightsisters we saw.
maroon barchetta
jabberwalkie09 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Maybe the caskets are a bunch of dead warriors who will be raised into an army of Marrok's?
I think this is probably it. Remember Marrok's armor was rusting or dirty as well. If he was in fact reanimated, then perhaps that is a clue that many of the troopers we saw in this episode were also reanimated corpses of death troopers by the Nightsisters we saw.

Thrawn did say their numbers were "dwindling". He would need troops loyal to him and lots of them.

Who better than his dead troops?
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

It's a little funny to me that we have people criticizing the live actors for not looking enough like the cartoon models, when back in like 2008 or whatever some of us were critical of the cartoon models not looking enough like the real life actors (Dooku, Obi-Wan).

And we keep on avoiding the obvious that live-action Chopper is a ****ing lardass.

redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

redline248 said:

And we keep on avoiding the obvious that live-action Chopper is a ****ing lardass.

50 gallon barrel of bolts
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
dave94 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

This probably got deleted because of the post it quoted, but young Ahsoka looked kind of like an oompa loompa. After more thought, I'm pinning it on the makeup and shape of her montrals and lekku. It looks like a blue and white rastacap.

Not really saying she needs to look like animated Ahsoka, but the way the makeup and costume work just doesn't work for me. Her head looks smooshed and deflated and it hurt doesn't really seem natural. I really don't understand why they can't do a better job here.
I rewatched that episode last night before the new one. I was thinking the whole time how great her look was, including the lekku.

Just differing opinions I guess.

It's not really the lekku but the montrals, I think, that really do it. Not just Ahsoka's, but all togruta's go up from the top of their head. Honestly they remind me of kudu. Young live action Ahsoka's go almost backwards from the back of her head. It makes her head look flat and almost like she doesn't have them at all.

Agree to disagree.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

redline248 said:

50 gallon barrel of bolts
That 50 gallaon barrel of bolts has probably one of the highest kill counts in Star Wars, definitely from the Ghost crew. That droid not only sabotaged an Interdictor Class Star Destroyer causing a series of events that led to its explosion but the gravity wells also collected the two light cruisers with it as well.
PatAg
AG
Before the trolling derail, someone brought up how this show is going to reintegrate Ahsoka and/or how it intersects with what Baylan Skoll's story.
I think they have set it up as both of them having the same belief, which is whatever the Jedi became at the end had veered from the 'true' path.
I suspect they have different views of how the Jedi should be, or how it should be improved, and that will lead to the remaining conflict.
I'm still not entirely sure why they gave them red lightsabers, because I feel like we are trained to think "Sith" when we see that.
I also suspected from the beginning that his character is intended to die, and that it won't ultimately matter for the story that Ray has died IRL. I don't expect it to be a Heath Ledger/Joker scenario, where the character cleary had more planned for it.
LeonardSkinner

redline248 said:

Lots of junk in that particular trunk.
LB12Diamond
AG
No idea what Chopper looks like.

I'm to busy watching a certain characters backside in scenes with them.
jabberwalkie09
AG
PatAg said:

I'm still not entirely sure why they gave them red lightsabers, because I feel like we are trained to think "Sith" when we see that.
I also suspected from the beginning that his character is intended to die, and that it won't ultimately matter for the story that Ray has died IRL. I don't expect it to be a Heath Ledger/Joker scenario, where the character cleary had more planned for it.

I'm pretty certain Baylan and Shin's sabers are orange. I suspect you may be right about Baylan though.
wangus12
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Morgan said she'd seen how extensive the Catacombs were, so they are emptying out a crypt. Definitely caskets in my mind
redline248
AG
I'm a little taken aback at the couple of people that completely missed the fat chopper jokes.
bobinator
AG
The orange lightsabers were an odd choice. Without a red one to compare them to in the scenes they're in, they definitely look red.
The Porkchop Express
bobinator said:

The orange lightsabers were an odd choice. Without a red one to compare them to in the scenes they're in, they definitely look red.
In a recent interview snippet from the ScreenRant+ TikTok, series creator Dave Filoni explained why he gave Shin and Baylan's lightsabers a striking orange hue instead of the aforementioned red. "That was very intentional," he said when asked about the color. "I didn't make them like just a stark red. I remember as a kid that Vader's lightsaber kind of fluctuated from visual effects to visual effects, being a little bit more orange. I didn't want to go like straight up orange, but it's identifying a little bit of something, maybe to kids, that they might not straight up be what you think they are in the beginning."
bobinator
AG
I know it's intentional, I just think it's odd. If you didn't look up online that they were orange, I think you'd think they were red. Not a big deal though, it's pretty clear anyway that they're not like evil-evil.
bobinator
AG
Do we think Thrawn makes it out of this galaxy?

Trying to theorize the end game here and it feels to me like whatever Baylan is after is going to be used against Thrawn, major clash happens, bad guys all destroyed, Sabine and Ezra decide to stay in this galaxy, show ends with Ahsoka returning to the normal galaxy. Something like that?
The Porkchop Express
bobinator said:

Trying to theorize the end game here and it feels to me like whatever Baylan is after is going to be used against Thrawn, major clash happens, bad guys all destroyed, Sabine and Ezra decide to stay in this galaxy, show ends with Ahsoka returning to the normal galaxy. Something like that?
I think 100% he makes it out, and is the villain in Filoni's movie that combines this show, Mando, and who knows what else.

And likely ends with him defeated, Mon Mothma de-militarizing the fleet because the last Grand Admiral is dead, and the last shot is Snoke smirking, or Palpatine creating him, or something like that.

Interesting to think that Jacen Syndulla is a few years older than Ben Skywalker at this point.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think, in order to keep him from leaving they will have to destroy the Eye of Sion, probably Sabine's decision, and they will all be trapped there.

Whatever Baylon has going on will be fodder for future Ashoka seasons.

They will figure out some way to communicate back, and that will be how things tie together, IMO.
The Porkchop Express
veryfuller said:

I think, in order to keep him from leaving they will have to destroy the Eye of Sion, probably Sabine's decision, and they will all be trapped there.

They will figure out some way to communicate back, and that will be how things tie together, IMO.
I want to know where the Eye of Sion is going to fit on the Chimaera to get it back to the galaxy.
ABATTBQ11
AG

veryfuller said:

I want to know where the Eye of Sion is going to fit on the Chimaera to get it back to the galaxy.

They're gonna tie a rope to it and pull it back
bobinator
AG
Oh yeah, I forgot about his movie. He's super escaping.
bobinator
AG

Quote:

Interesting to think that Jacen Syndulla is a few years older than Ben Skywalker at this point.

The timelines of characters that don't intersect are hard to keep track of. Like you or someone else pointed out in this thread and Ezra and Luke are almost exactly the same age and that absolutely blew my mind.
bobinator
AG
Just around part of it right? Presumably they've been building the two to link together.
kdm_01
AG

bobinator said:

I think 100% he makes it out, and is the villain in Filoni's movie that combines this show, Mando, and who knows what else.

And likely ends with him defeated, Mon Mothma de-militarizing the fleet because the last Grand Admiral is dead, and the last shot is Snoke smirking, or Palpatine creating him, or something like that.

They all get home but something new follows them. The connection between the galaxies is renewed and post-sequel material deals heavily with a joined Ezra/Rey/students and the new extra-galactic threat.
It will be a shame if they choose to do away with Thrawn in just the next two episodes.
Moral High Horse
Better than ezra was just down the block. Convenient.
jeffk
AG
Do you think the hermit crab people had clothes before Ezra showed up?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Maybe they're just going to take the engines off the Eye of Scion and put them on the Star destroyer

Or the star destroyer will fit within the ring
Flashdiaz
AG
It's going in the ring
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's what she said.
jeffk
AG
Flashdiaz said:

It's going in the ring

Yeah it's basically a giant Jedi star fighter hyperspace ring.
The Porkchop Express
Grand Admiral Cholesterol

The Porkchop Express
A whole new world

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.