*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,169 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love this scene

Formerly tv1113
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
STOP PUNCHING ME IN THE NOSTALGIA BALLS DISNEY!!!!!!!
Madmarttigan
AG
If this sucks I am going to be so very disappointed. Lost most interest in marvel and Ashoka I hope rekindles my Star Wars hype.
Formerly tv1113
Al Bula
AG
I think I'll catch up on this show via the various wikis/sources out there.

After the sequels completely bungled the clone wars I was never thrilled about a cartoon that was a half assed attempted to put some context around what was always meant to be a throwaway line.

Just can't see investing time in a supposedly important character that was added only to appeal to females.

jeffk
AG
Definitely keep us updated on your important work
hunter2012
AG
Ahsoka was a character nearly a decade before dei was a thing. I'm more irritated by diversity for its own sake than most Americans but Ahsoka wasn't written to be a "strong female character" or a Mary Sue. In fact she was written to be a foil for Anakin, a brash, headstrong, and impulsive teenager. She has some serious flaws in the early seasons of Clone Wars that she has to work through. There's a handful of episodes that really develop her.

Even in the late season and rebels she makes mistakes(I would argue that her wanting to redeem Anakin ultimately leads to Kanon's death). She's also stubborn towards Maul and will not reconsider Maul's conviction that Anakin is the key towards the fall of the Jedi.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, the show really does an outstanding job developing some complex characters. Same with Rebels.
JAggie2007
AG
Not to be that guy but I wonder what they're gonna do if Ray Stevenson's character survives this season? I know this is the franchise that did CGI Luke & Leia but I think that would be pretty expensive for a show to do for extended periods of time.
jeffk
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

What color are ahsoka's lights bets in the Mandolin?

Funny autocorrect, but the answer is white. They are the redeemed kyber crystals from an Inquisitor's lightsaber.

Old post so sorry for the quote, but I wonder if that last Tales of the Jedi episode is supposed to show us where she got the inquisitor crystals.
The Porkchop Express

hunter2012
AG
jeffk said:

AliasMan02 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

What color are ahsoka's lights bets in the Mandolin?

Funny autocorrect, but the answer is white. They are the redeemed kyber crystals from an Inquisitor's lightsaber.

Old post so sorry for the quote, but I wonder if that last Tales of the Jedi episode is supposed to show us where she got the inquisitor crystals.
They explain in the book, as that scene was effectively the climax of it. Yes, she took the red crystals from the inquisitor's blade and purified them back to the light side which in turn makes the light sabers white instead of the usual blue or green.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Red Five
AG
I just finished Rebels for the first time and even though it got a little weird with the wolves and world between worlds and all that, the last season was gripping. I think Clone Wars and Rebels are 2 of the best things Star Wars has ever done.

Also cool to realize that the shot in the Ahsoka trailer where Sabine is on Ezra's tower and the ships are flying overhead looking out toward the city on Lothal was an exact remake of the last scene of Rebels (although Sabine's hair was different).
redline248
AG
I keep seeing tv spots for this show that say "streaming soon" and I can't remember when it actually starts
sburg2007
August 23rd
PatAg
AG
Madmarttigan said:

If this sucks I am going to be so very disappointed. Lost most interest in marvel and Ashoka I hope rekindles my Star Wars hype.
Andor?
Madmarttigan
AG
PatAg said:

Madmarttigan said:

Andor?

I don't get why people don't understand that Andor just doesn't build the hype train for a lot of people.

It's a story we largely know the end to and while its production value and acting are some of the best in the Star Wars universe I just don't give a crap about the overall story.
Formerly tv1113
jokershady
AG
Madmarttigan said:

PatAg said:

Madmarttigan said:

Andor?

I don't get why people don't understand that Andor just doesn't build the hype train for a lot of people.

It's a story we largely know the end to and while its production value and acting are some of the best in the Star Wars universe I just don't give a crap about the overall story.

The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

The Porkchop Express said:

The Porkchop Express
New commercial, maybe the most hair-raising one yet for me. They're using Anakin's dialogue from the Tales of the Jedi animated mini-arc that came out earlier this year. I'm not sure if that's Matt Lanter's voice or they had Hayden re-dub them, but boy does it hit!

jokershady
AG
I'm pretty dang sure that's Hayden!!! He's supposed to be in this show so it makes sense for his voice to be used here
sburg2007
I'm jacked for this. I refuse to be let down again!
jeffk
AG
I concur. We just watched that Tales episode the other day and that sounded different.
The Porkchop Express
Just hearing the real Anakin saying "Ahsoka" can carry me through a couple more days of the wait.
PatAg
AG
Madmarttigan said:

PatAg said:

Madmarttigan said:

Andor?

I don't get why people don't understand that Andor just doesn't build the hype train for a lot of people. me

Helped you out. Reasonable opinion to have. I just really hope Ashoka is actually well done.
The Porkchop Express
On my 50th rewatch of a 30-second commericial, I noticed she's wearing the blue uniform of the New Republic similar to that we see Matt Lanter's character wearing in the season 1 Mando episode with Bill Burr on the prison break.

jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS
AG
That was awesome.
The Porkchop Express
jabberwalkie09 said:

The scene at 4:04 is from the new series, not from the Mandalorian - Morgan Elsbeth and Michael Biehn and the rest of the outpost having a confrontation with her face to face. When we see her at the beginning of the Season 2 Mandalorian episode, Biehn and Elsbetha are looking down at her from an overhead platform. So that gives u little hint of some of the time line.

And in this scene, first I thought it was a stunt double up on her right, but that person is much thinner and more petite than Rosario Dawson, which probably means she's having a flashback, possibly in the World between Worlds, to her young self during the Clone Wars.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Regarding the 2nd image, there's some rumors out there regarding this. That appears to confirm those rumors.
hunter2012
AG
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but it came out a while back that a big reason why Anakin was denied the rank of master was the requirement that a Knight train a Padawan completely to the point they they become a knight. Given Ahsoka's exit from the order, it makes his promotion denial complete BS and based on a rule technicality. They even offered to make her a knight by way of apology for expelling her from the order. By the end of clone wars Ahsoka was probably a stronger and better duelist than most of the knights in the order. It makes sense since Anakin was given the toughest missions and Ahsoka the teen soldier would be right there in the thick of the toughest battles and duels... and survived. She went toe to toe with Maul, something only Obi-won was really able to do. Anyway, just a little extra context since the show will explore the master/apprentice relationship between Ahsoka and Anakin.
Grimey
This is the first I've heard of any flashback Ahsokas... but it would be pretty cool if Clone Wars Ahsoka was played by Ashley Ekstein.
The Porkchop Express
jabberwalkie09 said:

Regarding the 2nd image, there's some rumors out there regarding this. That appears to confirm those rumors.
Looks like there's plenty of smoke about it. Not a lot of great sources, but WInter is Coming has been a long-time GoT site for news and they say it's one of the Velayryon girl as young Ahsoka.

https://winteriscoming.net/2022/12/23/house-of-the-dragon-star-savannah-steyn-may-play-young-ahsoka-tano/

Mathguy64
AG
After the mess of Obi-Wan, Lucasfilms and Disney are for me betting everything on this show. It ties Clone Wars, Rebels and some very well established characters together. They have to get this writing right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.