*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,143 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It means YOU SHALL NOT PASS
redline248
AG
I would caution people to not get too caught up in theories that center around Clone Wars episodes. That Mortis arc with the father, brother and sister is such a deep cut and was very polarizing. I will be surprised if Filoni drags that into this show.

Or really much of anything else from TCW.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

The theory that makes the most sense to me is the one presented toward the end of the New Rock Stars video I posted last night. I can't remember the names of the (ancient?) father/daughter/son trio that oversaw/oversees the World Between Worlds, but the theory is basically that the son is pretending to be Anakin, since he's supposed to be the opposite of the daughter, and the daughter's essence or Force spirit or whatever was transferred to Ahsoka (or her owl?) way back when (or whatever the hell happened that I can't remember from the recap video I watched weeks ago).

It was the Mortis Arc from TCW. I didn't like that arc when it originally aired because I've always been of the opinion that not everything in the Star Wars Universe needs to be explained. However, it's becoming more obvious that arc is becoming more important. Iirc the daughter gave her life to resurrect Ahsoka which is why we often see Morai around Ahsoka. So in one way it's nice to see things tied together and in the other it wasn't my favorite arc from TCW they would be referencing.

I rewatched the episode arc from Rebels where Ezra pulls her back into the World Between Worlds saving her from Vader. I think it's heavily implied that Morai uses the World Between Worlds to travel between planets. I'm not sure how else Morai would just suddenly appear on different planets. If that's the case, I think Ahsoka will be using the World Between Worlds to get to her destination. Which means the next episode is likely going to have a lot of flashbacks, if it's the son then he's definitely going to mess with her using those.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

I would caution people to not get too caught up in theories that center around Clone Wars episodes. That Mortis arc with the father, brother and sister is such a deep cut and was very polarizing. I will be surprised if Filoni drags that into this show.

The mural of them from Rebels was literally the key for accessing World Between Worlds on Lothal. It wouldn't surprise me if they're involved some how but not directly referenced, just implied.

I agree with you though that we shouldn't get so caught up that our expectations won't be met or can't be met.
redline248
AG
I forgot about that part from Rebels.
gougler08
AG
redline248 said:

Yeah that arc was a lot to process / I'm not sure I ever truly processed it all, but as noted that was how Ezra got in to the World between Worlds to begin with so they definitely could play
The Collective
AG
Ahsoka the white returns at Sabine's hour of greatest need.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The Collective said:

Has Ahsoka yelled. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS?"
Belton Ag
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

The Collective said:

Has Ahsoka yelled. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS?"
No but she pensively said "You… shall… not pass."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Star Wars and Lord of the Rings
The Collective
AG
Really hoping Auralnauts' next YouTube is Hera got Back
The Porkchop Express
Ahsoka's already starred in a TV show with Saruman the White, so why not?

Aggie_Journalist
AG
There have been some decent hints toward the 3 entities in this show so far

The starting temple with the map had 3 figures on the wall, 3 orbs on the wall, 3 puzzles to solve

The map had 3 keys to rotate and opened 3 ways

Etc.

But it's those 3 figures on the wall from the very start that have me suspecting we might see more on that front before the season ends. At first I thought it was just a nod to them (which it might be), but now that we're full-on world between worlds and Anakin is there, this show is clearly not afraid to boldly push into how weird Star Wars can get. Anything feels possible now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't stop laughing at Anakin at 19:07.
bobinator
AG
I don't think I talked about it on here because I was late to watch the first couple of episodes but since someone else brought it up, that scene when she was leaving the city reminded me a lot visually and especially audibly of when we first meet young James Kirk in the JJ Abrams Star Trek.

TCTTS
AG
I mentioned the exact same thing after it aired. Loved that vibe.
Belton Ag
AG
Sea Speed said:

Holy crap i started this immediately after finishing Andor and it is so bad. I made it to the part where Sabine is running away from the ceremony. That whole scene was taken directly from some japanimation show right? I turned it off because the whole thing seemed so terrible. Does it get any better? Woof.
I like you as a poster and think we'd get along pretty well IRL so I'm going to trust you're not a crazy person like some of the others who've posted on this thread.

Yes, there are some scenes that are lame, but I'm surprised you think it's overall bad. There are so many good moments and a couple really good characters introduced that make it completely worth watching. I think you should keep watching, I think you'll come away with a different opinion.
redline248
AG
Top 3 reasons to keep watching

Hera's ass
Huyang
Decent action
Sea Speed
AG
I think binging andor then jumping straight to this was probably a bad move, but this just felt really cheesy so far. I didn't like the anime vibe at all. I will finish episode 1 and see how it fares. I've downloaded them all so far for viewing while I'm at work so i may end up watching them all, but I've had she hulk sitting in my downlads for months after watching episode one and just can't bring myself to waste the time.

The Sabine ren scene seemed just as wacky as those morons in Boba fett though so it was like they didn't learn anything over at Disney.

I had a positive impression of ahsoka from mandalorian though, which is really the reason I am giving this a shot. Reading the andor thread there was nothing but complaining about obi wan so if that show is that hated by star wars fans and this one is on that level, I dont want to waste my time.

Oh and I appreciate the assumption that I am not crazy.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

One can never be too sure on here.

It's best to not compare this to Andor though. They're not in the same league (so far anyway, hoping the next episode changes that).
PatAg
AG
Sea Speed said:

I think binging andor then jumping straight to this was probably a bad move, but this just felt really cheesy so far. I didn't like the anime vibe at all. I will finish episode 1 and see how it fares. I've downloaded them all so far for viewing while I'm at work so i may end up watching them all, but I've had she hulk sitting in my downlads for months after watching episode one and just can't bring myself to waste the time.

The Sabine ren scene seemed just as wacky as those morons in Boba fett though so it was like they didn't learn anything over at Disney.

I had a positive impression of ahsoka from mandalorian though, which is really the reason I am giving this a shot. Reading the andor thread there was nothing but complaining about obi wan so if that show is that hated by star wars fans and this one is on that level, I dont want to waste my time.

Yes coming from Andor to this did not do the show any favors.
What do you mean "anime vibe" lol. Maybe you just watch too much anime if that is your frame of reference.

This show is definitely better than Obi Wan or Book of Boba Fett, if that helps you decide to keep watching or not.
Hopefully you arent just another person trolling for no reason.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CvnpaYtNVba
The Porkchop Express
On a somewhat different subject, every time I go to Hollywood Studios, I gaze longingly at this artwork in the gift store by the Star Tours ride.

Last time I was there, I finally decided I was going to ask what it cost. It was loud as hell in there and I thought the lady said $9,000.

"NINE THOUSAND!" I replied in a shocked voice.
"No, no!" she said with a laugh and a smile, giving me a reassuring look. "It's only $5,000."

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I could almost buy my own ship for that!
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I could almost buy my own ship for that!

Who's gonna fly it, kid?
Mathguy64
AG
maroon barchetta
It's better with the sound muted.
redline248
AG
maroon barchetta said:

It's better with the sound muted.
I would watch more of her on mute
jokershady
AG
Was hoping we'd get to see the world between worlds!! Great episode and once again the story so far is moving forward and there doesn't seem to be much wasted time now that we're heading somewhere.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
It's like they have been erased from existence
Madmarttigan
AG
Somebody cleaned house, didn't even think it got that bad
jeffk
AG
More pristine than the uniform of a new Republic officer in here now.
Madmarttigan
AG
Why are imperial uniforms sharp and tailored but new republic looks like it came freshly pressed from Walmart
The Porkchop Express
Madmarttigan said:

Somebody cleaned house, didn't even think it got that bad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.