*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,106 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So lazy, but also hilarious and kind of even badass. As if he's too busy policing the galaxy to pose for another damn poster...

Madmarttigan
AG
Watched part of the episode again and man losing Ray Stevenson sucks. I think, outside of Andor, Baylon is shaping up to be the best played and most interesting Star Wars villain we've had in the Disney Star Wars era.

He seems like he has Thanos like intentions, and I'm interested to see what they are.
bobinator
AG
She would know immediately if she was talking to the real Anakin or not. She could sense his presence in the force so acutely that she was able to previously piece together that he was Darth Vader.

I could maybe see a scenario where this thing tries to guide her down some path and then she does a "there's just one problem, you're not Anakin Skywalker" type thing so that maybe the audience doesn't know right away, but she should know.
bobinator
AG
since we've got days to burn here, what are our actual possibilities?

1) What we're seeing is real, Ahsoka has somehow actually been transported to the world between worlds and is interacting with Anakin Skywalker's spirit, which can assume a corporal form here somehow.

2) What we're seeing is sort of real, Ahsoka has actually been transported to the world between worlds and is interacting with some kind of alternate version of Anakin Skywalker - maybe a trick of the dark side, maybe an alternate timeline version (I think this is least likely)

3) What we're seeing is sort of real, but it's happening in Ahsoka's head - call this the 'Harry and Dumbledore at King's Cross' version I referenced a couple page back. She is actually speaking with Anakin through the force, but they aren't actually in the world between worlds.

4) None of it is real at all, and it's all in Ahsoka's head.

Others?
The Porkchop Express
Not sure what the answer is, but there's definitely going to be a scene where some 'real version" of Anakin, whether it's this one or a Force Ghost, tells her, "When you meet my son, tell him I love him." or something else that melts the Internet's tough outer shell and causes sobs from here to the Corporate Sector and back.
jeffk
AG
I think it's #3. Whatever happens with her and Anakin will take almost zero real world time and will end with her waking up as she hits the water down below the cliff or washing ashore as the shuttle flies off to the ring ship.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea either, but I do think Ahsoka will hop on a Purgill to get there. I don't think it'll be as simple as taking a portal.

Maybe hops in one's mouth like Pinocchio?
redline248
AG
There is also a shot in one of the trailers of Padawan Anakin. Will this next episode be it and we have a sort of Force Ghost of Jedi Past take Ahsoka on a journey of learning?
The Porkchop Express
If the Nightsisters had a Stonehenge on the planet that can open the map, and the purgills also live on that planet, then surely there is some sort of ancient conveyance vehicle somewhere on the planet to take them from one to the other. Or the Purgills wrap themselves around the Ghost and the remaining X Wings and jump them there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248 said:

There is also a shot in one of the trailers of Padawan Anakin. Will this next episode be it and we have a sort of Force Ghost of Jedi Past take Ahsoka on a journey of learning?
Honestly, an entire episode of past memories like this will be good by me. It's fan service to the max -- don't care. Give it to me.

Clone Wars era Anakin in live action. Maybe her meeting Luke. Seeing where she was during the Battle of Endor. Etc.

Hell, this might even be how we get Baylan's backstory.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I totally forgot about the Ghost. Good call.
bobinator
AG
I was stunned Zeb wasn't with the pilots because once Jacen was on the ghost I was sure that's where that was headed. Getting the band back together before they blast off to the other galaxy.
PatAg
AG
I feel like they showed us the purgills in live action for a reason beyond "this looks cool", right? They must find a way to chase after them to the new galaxy.
bobinator
AG
For me the only question is whether the Purrgil are going to grab them with their tentacles or hold the ship inside its mouth Finding Nemo style.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, this is probably way too out there, but any thoughts on the other galaxy possibly being our same galaxy, but an alternate timeline? Some spacetime shenanigans where the Purgill are actually traveling between multiverses.
bobinator
AG
edit: nm, wrong analogy.

I really hope it's not some sort of bizarro galaxy where it's the same but different.

Your comment made me think of like a Planet of the Apes situation though that actually has been hinted at some where Ezra and Thrawn are trapped somewhere in time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sort of. Like maybe when Ezra pulled Ahsoka into the WBW, it created an alternate timeline where she lived instead of died. And at that moment, the "other galaxy" popped into existence, which only Purgill could access. (And maybe that's the original / sequel trilogy timeline.)

Admittedly it doesn't make a lot of logical sense, but hell, I figure one of my damn theories might hit.
bobinator
AG
I do agree that surely something weird is going to happen. It's going to be the letdown of all letdowns if they just skip a galaxy over and arrive at some planet and there are Thrawn and Ezra solving crimes in some kind of buddy cop type thing. (Kidding about that part but you know what I mean.)

There's got to be some kind of something. Whether it's forward or backward in time, or possibly the force works differently there (which could lead to Sabine being able to wield it?), who knows, but surely something.
The Porkchop Express
Zeb flies a y-wing so that would be a dead giveaway.

The shot of anakin in the one ahsoka commercial is from the flashback they did in the Obiwan series.

More importantly, we all missed the micro-cameo of kanan Jarrus in the last episode. There is a tiny pic of him on Heras console on the ghost. Look it up on Twitter or io9

The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sort of. Like maybe when Ezra pulled Ahsoka into the WBW, it created an alternate timeline where she lived instead of died. And at that moment, the "other galaxy" popped into existence, which only Purgill could access. (And maybe that's the original / sequel trilogy timeline.)

Admittedly it doesn't make a lot of logical sense, but hell, I figure one of my damn theories might hit.

This is not an insult, just the opposite, but it's really weird to see you discussing rebels stuff after all these years.
TCTTS
AG
The theory that makes the most sense to me is the one presented toward the end of the New Rock Stars video I posted last night. I can't remember the names of the (ancient?) father/daughter/son trio that oversaw/oversees the World Between Worlds, but the theory is basically that the son is pretending to be Anakin, since he's supposed to be the opposite of the daughter, and the daughter's essence or Force spirit or whatever was transferred to Ahsoka (or her owl?) way back when (or whatever the hell happened that I can't remember from the recap video I watched weeks ago).
AverageJones
AG
My vote is that this week starts with a cold open directly from the beginning of the Heir to the Empire novel with Thrawn studying art in his office/throne room, then we figure out whatever is happening with Ahsoka after the opening credits
bobinator
AG
I do think this would be a cool way to approach it.
jeffk
AG
Have we talked about the ring spaceship possibly being used to tow Thrawn's SSD back to this galaxy? It reminds me of the Jedi fighter hyperspace boosters and I think that it'd be cool if that's how it was supposed to function on a larger scale.

Also, I really hope they don't reference the CW storyline of the Son (dark side) and Daughter (light side) here. It was kind of a weird side story to begin with and I think it'll be a bridge too far for most viewers.
The Porkchop Express
AverageJones said:

My vote is that this week starts with a cold open directly from the beginning of the Heir to the Empire novel with Thrawn studying art in his office/throne room, then we figure out whatever is happening with Ahsoka after the opening credits
That is the best idea I've heard!
And reading this comic again, I feel almost positive he'll refuse to call it the New Republic and insist on calling them "The Rebellion"

The Porkchop Express
Blink and you missed it picture of Kanan Jarrus on the dashboard of the Ghost.

bobinator
AG
jeffk said:

I think it'll be a bridge too far for most viewers.

This is where I'm at also
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AverageJones said:

How Lost Season 2 premiere...
Madmarttigan
AG
Hopefully they grabbed this guys version for the end of the episode next week

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

AverageJones said:

How Lost Season 2 premiere...

So damn good. I remember being so confused, wondering what in the hell was happening, but being thrilled at the same time. One of the all time best cold opens.

Also, it's crazy how good even network TV looked back then. I miss the days when everything was shot on film.
redline248
AG
Time travel, alternate time line or multiuniverse shenanigans will be a major disappointment for me (my phone wanted to type disaster which also works). Leave that in marvel, please.
Belton Ag
AG
bobinator said:

1) What we're seeing is real, Ahsoka has somehow actually been transported to the world between worlds and is interacting with Anakin Skywalker's spirit, which can assume a corporal form here somehow.

2) What we're seeing is sort of real, Ahsoka has actually been transported to the world between worlds and is interacting with some kind of alternate version of Anakin Skywalker - maybe a trick of the dark side, maybe an alternate timeline version (I think this is least likely)

3) What we're seeing is sort of real, but it's happening in Ahsoka's head - call this the 'Harry and Dumbledore at King's Cross' version I referenced a couple page back. She is actually speaking with Anakin through the force, but they aren't actually in the world between worlds.

Others?
5) Ahsoka is actually dead.
Ornithopter
AG
Belton Ag said:

bobinator said:

Others?
5) Ahsoka is actually dead.

6) Ashoka awakens with the soul stone in her hand
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Just caught up. Another great episode.

- I'm delighted that they're finding ways to surprise me, as they did with Ahsoka falling into the world between worlds. I'm guessing the next episode mostly takes place there and I cannot wait to see what they do with it.

- Anakin doesn't have any scars, but I don't think his force ghost did, either, when they edited it into the end of RotJ. I'm guessing this is the redeemed Anakin's spirit, though that would be new for World Between Worlds. If we lean into cartoon contentAnakin could be a manifestation of one of the 3 Jedi beings (father, son, daughter).

- Ray Stevenson is crushing it as Baylan. Such a shame he died before he could see how well this performance would be received. He's a character I want to see more from. Maybe we get his backstory someday.

- Agree that Morgan's actress is a weak link. She was cast in Mandolorian, so I wonder who that casting choice is on

- I hope we don't have any main characters travel to the other galaxy by Purgill, but I do think that's how the original night sisters came to the Star Wars galaxy. (Morgan says something in an early episode that strongly hints this.)

My current guess on how the season plays out is: Ahsoka catches up to others in new galaxy using world between worlds. The new Galaxy is the original home of the night sisters and full of low-level force users + Thrawn. The finale will be Thrawn returning to the current galaxy and devastating the rebel fleet, amping up the stakes for whatever comes next. But Ahsoka will kill Baylan or Morgan before the season ends.
TCTTS
AG
I don't know what this means, exactly, but it seems potentially relevant…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.