*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,102 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a playlist on D+ already and someone posted a link on the previous page as well I think.
AliasMan02
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I'm really interested to see where and what Hera is when Ahsoka starts. Is she still a general in the New Republic? Is there still a fleet? Is her son actively part of the Ghost squad? Also, something I had forgotten since Rebels, she possibly has the biggest grudge of all of them (other than Ezra) about Thrawn; he imprisoned her dad and stole her family cultural heirloom and I don't think she ever got it back.

Hera is, in fact, a NR General.
The Porkchop Express
AliasMan02 said:

I'm really interested to see where and what Hera is when Ahsoka starts. Is she still a general in the New Republic? Is there still a fleet? Is her son actively part of the Ghost squad? Also, something I had forgotten since Rebels, she possibly has the biggest grudge of all of them (other than Ezra) about Thrawn; he imprisoned her dad and stole her family cultural heirloom and I don't think she ever got it back.

Hera is, in fact, a NR General.
Right but they strip their military down to almost nothing, I wonder if she's getting de-commissioned or she goes AWOl or something because by the thought of the trailer, it seems like a pretty small crew is going Thrawn-hunting.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
AliasMan02
AG
Yeah Alphabet Squadron takes her to 5 ABY, so a year after Jedi. That's the same year as the Rebels epilogue.

I think they're still debating the full elimination of the Republic fleet in Bloodline, which was 28 ABY.

I could see Hera resigning her commission to go hunt Thrawn.
AliasMan02
AG
So, given all the Rebels/Ahsoka crossover, I think I have a new Tales of the Jedi wish.

Give me an episode of selfish drunken Kanan backstory. I think they could dedicate an arc to it like they did Ahsoka and Dooku last time and do three if they wanted... Caleb Dune IMMEDIATELY after Order 66, a drunken Kanan struggling with his morals, then Kanan meets Hera and starts to turn it around.

Some of that is in the Rebels prequel book, A New Dawn, which isn't very good but has some value as backstory fodder. Also the Kanan comic which I haven't read all of.
The Porkchop Express
I watched 4 Rebels' episodes yesterday including the World between Worlds. Ezra and Ahsoka agree that they can't change the past and they can't get their masters back there.

It makes me consider that Ahsoka may be going to the World between Worlds to stop someone else (Baylan in the preview) or Thrawn himself from using it.

I think Ahsoka might be tempted by visions inside those portals, just as Ezra was - particularly since we know Hayden Christensen is in it, we might see some live-action "what ifs" - Ahsoka trying to intervene when Anakin turns on Mace Windu, or even her arriving at Mustafar ahead of Obi-Wan to try and stop him.

She promises Ezra that she'll come find him when they split up and she returns to Malachor at the end of the episode. Wherever she is from then to the point where she re-encounters Sabine is one mystery.

Perhaps she encounters Baylan in the World between Worlds and learns he's trying to use it to allow Thrawn and whatever forces he's building up in the unknown regions to travel back to the time before ROTJ, allowing the Emperor to avoid getting killed and defeating the Alliance as planned.

If Ahsoka stops Baylan there, that would lead her to pursue Thrawn / find Ezra wherever they are and then have to try and stop Thrawn out there.

And no, despite this, I actually don't have too much time on my hands.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I just hope they borrow as much plot from Heir to the Empire as possible. I want to see Thrawn 5 steps ahead of everybody.
Thanks and gig'em
PatAg
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

I just hope they borrow as much plot from Heir to the Empire as possible. I want to see Thrawn 5 steps ahead of everybody.
100%
The Porkchop Express
Aggie_Journalist said:

But, it was so artistically done.

Will there be other Noghri since Rukh died in Rebels?
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
hunter2012
AG
wangus12
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

If Disney makes him some bumbling buffoon, I will lose it.

The Porkchop Express
You dont' get that caliber of actor to be a buffoon.

I'd say we'll probably also get our first Star Wars D+ era romance with Sabine and Ezra reunited.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Dro07
AG
I don't think Sabine goes for Ezra's type.
wangus12
AG
She was starting to finally give in at the end of Rebels till Ezra ghosted her in typical Gen X fashion
hunter2012
AG
wangus12 said:

She was starting to finally give in at the end of Rebels till Ezra ghosted her in typical Gen X fashion
Yeah, he rode off instead on a whale... typical Gen X
redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

What does it say that I honestly don't remember this happening?

By the way, Domhall probably feels equally screwed by the sequels as Boyega
ChipFTAC01
AG
redline248 said:

wangus12 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

What does it say that I honestly don't remember this happening?

By the way, Domhall probably feels equally screwed by the sequels as Boyega

Me either. Is that the leader of the New Empire guy?
AliasMan02
AG
General Hugs
The Porkchop Express
AliasMan02 said:

General Hugs
RIchard E. Grant (guy who kills Hugs) could have made a pretty great Thrawn, he was a bad-ass alt-Loki.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
hunter2012
AG
Wes Chatham from the Expanse is confirmed to be in cast.

If he's half as good in his role as he was as Amos Burton then we're in for a treat!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
redline248
AG
I hope he gets to play a completely calm and rational character
Dro07
AG
hunter2012 said:

If he's half as good in his role as he was as Amos Burton then we're in for a treat!

Kallus!!! It's gotta be
jabberwalkie09
AG
Dro07 said:

hunter2012 said:

Kallus!!! It's gotta be
He's supposed to be playing Thrawn's right hand man but I could see Chatham with Kallus' mutton chops.

https://gizmodo.com/star-wars-ahsoka-wes-chatham-casting-eli-vanto-1850327606
The Porkchop Express
Pretty good recap of Thrawn for people who haven't read books or watched Rebels.

https://www.fandom.com/articles/star-wars-thrawn-ahsoka
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
hunter2012
AG
This one is pretty good, be sure to see episode 5 of tales of the jedi(Practice makes perfect) after clone wars, while it is chronologically correct it has major spoilers for clone wars season 7.

The Porkchop Express
Four-minute interview with Thrawn, says you won't know Thrawn's true motivation until the very last scene of the show.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
Interview with Filoni on directing, episode lengths, and what you should watch before watching Ahsoka.

Writing: Dave Filoni is not only the showrunner, but also the sole writer of all eight episodes. This will be the first time Jon Favreau is not heavily involved in the writing of any of the New Republic-era shows, as he's only an executive producer.

Episode length: "That's an interesting question. I would say it's pretty relative when you do this kind of work. One thing Jon and I are very adamant about is we try to cut it down and strip it down to keep it moving. It's definitely a faster and more intense rule than George has. My episodes have actually started pretty long, you know, because I wrote them all, so they are a little different. Probably, relative to other stuff that I've written and done, like the episode "The Jedi". If it's gotta be tight and fast because I need the action to work, it's gonna be shorter, but I would say they are in the same range as The Mandalorian episodes… Maybe on average a little longer, but I honestly I don't know where they are right now, in the most recent cuts that I've done, but I would say it's in the same range."

What to Watch: ""I would start, probably like the episode 'Jedi Knight', where the sad thing happens to Kanan. Even if you didn't understand what that was, it would propel you forward. If you just watched season 4, you'd be set. You can start with that and you get that these Rebels are fighting this tyrannical Empire and that would get you everything and everybody you need. You don't need to do the entire gamut of Rebels, but you should. Once you watch that, you'll be like 'Well, I'm gonna watch it all.' […] Yeah, I've been very aware when writing these things that you don't need to have seen any of it; not that I don't want you to, I want you to, but you don't have to."
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG

Writing: Dave Filoni is not only the showrunner, but also the sole writer of all eight episodes. This will be the first time Jon Favreau is not heavily involved in the writing of any of the New Republic-era shows, as he's only an executive producer.

On one hand, I'm nervous that they're giving yet another series to *one* writer, instead of utilizing a traditional writers' room, but at least Favreau isn't steering the ship this time, and is essentially sitting this one out.
AliasMan02
AG
I just finished my Rebels rewatch and I would like Ahsoka to start immediately, please.
Mathguy64
AG
Ha. I just finished rewatching S3.5 - S7 of clone wars. All to refresh all of the Maul, Ahsoka, Bad Batch and final stuff with Rex and Order 66.

All to set up Ahsoka.
hunter2012
AG
This is his shot if he wants to take the creative torch in a positive direction. I hope he can pull it off.

Additionally I would highly recommend watching the Episode III / Clone wars siege of Mandalore arc or Fulcrum Cut. It's about 4.5 hours but it's the best way to connect Ahsoka's to the movies/live action. Some of the scenes are spliced back to back so well that it would appear to be a studio cut. Really builds up a lot of "what if" situations where Anakin could have been saved from being Vader here and there. It shows that after Anakin, Ahsoka was probably the closest to learning about the Sith conspiracy.

At the very minimum, the Rogue Jedi and the Seige of Mandalore arcs are a must to understand/appreciate Ahsoka.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

On one hand, I'm nervous that they're giving yet another series to *one* writer, instead of utilizing a traditional writers' room, but at least Favreau isn't steering the ship this time, and is essentially sitting this one out.
I am a bit in the same boat as you. On one hand, I think he's earned this. At the same time he's still pretty new to live shows.

However, Ahsoka is his baby and I can't imagine a scenario where he f-cks up her story.
Red Five
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ha. I just finished rewatching S3.5 - S7 of clone wars. All to refresh all of the Maul, Ahsoka, Bad Batch and final stuff with Rex and Order 66.

All to set up Ahsoka.
I just finished S6 of Clone Wars and about to start S7 (first time!). Told my wife I wasn't going to force her to watch all of Clone Wars, but I am going to make her watch the episodes recommended on the D+ Ahsoka viewing list and we are going to watch all of Rebels.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

I am a bit in the same boat as you. On one hand, I think he's earned this. At the same time he's still pretty new to live shows.

However, Ahsoka is his baby and I can't imagine a scenario where he f-cks up her story.

Yeah, hopefully the passion comes through and really focuses his writing, making up for his lack of live action showrunner experience. I'm optimistic for sure, and glad he's finally getting his big swing. It just couldn't have hurt to still let him be the showrunner, and have final authorship on all the scripts, while *also* having three or four other writers help out and to bounce ideas off of.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.