*****Star Wars: Ahsoka*****

171,103 Views | 2193 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by double aught
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If what I saw was the same thing for episode 3 I believe this'll cover all the clips from all the Ashoka trailers we've seen so the last 5 episodes will be 100% new stuff never seen from a trailer
sburg2007
ArmyAg2002 said:

I think Ezra will take the place of the Joruus C'Both character from the Thrawn Novels.

Give me all of this. That would a helluva way to go.
The Porkchop Express
sburg2007 said:

ArmyAg2002 said:

I think Ezra will take the place of the Joruus C'Both character from the Thrawn Novels.

Give me all of this. That would a helluva way to go.
After Ahsoka is over we should do a separate thread going through the Heir to the Empire novels chapter by chapter or something to that effect. That is some master story telling and introduced, what, 8-10 indelible EU characters

Thrawn
C'Baaoth
Pelleaon
Mara Jade
Talon Kardde
all of Kardde's guys and the other smugglers - Mazzic, Niles Ferrier, Gillepsie
Shada Dukal
Rukh and the Noghri
Borsk Fel'ya
Gam Bel Iblis

What a visionary Zahn was back then.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Was I the only one disappointed to see Rukh in Rebels? In my head the Noghiri were more like little gray badass Yoda's except one solid muscle and with a mouth like an angler fish. Maybe just slightly taller than a Yoda.
Red Five
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Was I the only one disappointed to see Rukh in Rebels? In my head the Noghiri were more like little gray badass Yoda's except one solid muscle and with a mouth like an angler fish. Maybe just slightly taller than a Yoda.
One of the most disappointing aspects of rebels, IMO. As much as they got right with Thrawn they got wrong with Rukh.
The Porkchop Express
Red Five said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

One of the most disappointing aspects of rebels, IMO. As much as they got right with Thrawn they got wrong with Rukh.
They should have left him alone, too much back story to try to cram into a very limited role.

That scene in Heir to the Empire when the main Noghri realizes who Leia is ... still gives me the chills.

Assuming Thrawn's in a movie in the next few years, that would be a great ending with Rukh, although all of us nerd 'readers' would spoil everyone else the minute we saw a Noghri in a trailer.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Agree on Rukh. He wasn't nearly as fearsome or effective as I expected the Nogri to be. Instead of being a henchman who fights (and cannot kill) the rebels, Rukh should have been some borderline unstoppable assassin who Thrawn used to kill key rebels or messengers to mess with the rebel plans.

For example, maybe a rebel ambassador negotiates a treaty somewhere, then Rukh assassinates them before they can share the news and so the treaty falls apart and the rebels spend an episode dealing with it.
The Porkchop Express
Aggie_Journalist said:

Agree on Rukh. He wasn't nearly as fearsome or effective as I expected the Nogri to be. Instead of being a henchman who fights (and cannot kill) the rebels, Rukh should have been some borderline unstoppable assassin who Thrawn used to kill key rebels or messengers to mess with the rebel plans.

For example, maybe a rebel ambassador negotiates a treaty somewhere, then Rukh assassinates them before they can share the news and so the treaty falls apart and the rebels spend an episode dealing with it.
I always love that part in Heir to the Empire where Luke tries everything he can not to kill them when he fights them in that museum, but when they leave him no choice, he takes out like 12 of them in a few seconds.
sburg2007
I believe you mean Lady Vader.
redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

I always love that part in Heir to the Empire where Luke tries everything he can not to kill them when he fights them in that museum, but when they leave him no choice, he takes out like 12 of them in a few seconds.
DERAIL INCOMING!!!

This same guy you're talking about, trying to avoid killing hostile enemies...would grow up to come within seconds of killing his own goddam nephew
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
redline248 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

DERAIL INCOMING!!!

This same guy you're talking about, trying to avoid killing hostile enemies...would grow up to come within seconds of killing his own goddam nephew
But Kylo had a bad dream. Luke = Big Brother.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
Madmarttigan
AG
Please stop reminding us of every terrible plot point from those movies.

Luke who obviously strongly believes in the power of redemption as shown with his father immediately goes to murder his nephew over a vision.
Formerly tv1113
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

DERAIL INCOMING!!!

I mean, he should have killed him. That dude's BS ultimately killed Han, Luke, and Leia.
bluefire579
AG
Glad we're getting a new episode tonight so we can stop these ridiculous derails and go back to real discussion about how there are too many chicks in the show
Madmarttigan
AG
Ehh tomorrow it will be a discussion on how blue skinned men are always made to be the villain by Hollywood
Formerly tv1113
cbr
AG
bluefire579 said:

Glad we're getting a new episode tonight so we can stop these ridiculous derails and go back to real discussion about how there are too many chicks in the show
correction, too many 'not hot' chicks.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Really hoping they nail the casting and look of Thrawn

Madmarttigan
AG
In all seriousness is tonight the episode we first get a glimpse of Thrawn?
Formerly tv1113
TCTTS
AG
I'm betting it's not until the halfway point of the season or so. Some people even think it won't be until the last couple of episodes.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm betting it's not until the halfway point of the season or so. Some people even think it won't be until the last couple of episodes.

This would be my bet as well. Second half of season for sure.

Do we know if Ahsoka is meant to be 1 season or more?
TCTTS
AG
I'm pretty sure Filoni or Kennedy has spoken about the potential for a second season, prior to the eventual Avengers-style movie, should this first season be successful.
jabberwalkie09
AG
New clip.

The Porkchop Express
jabberwalkie09 said:

New clip.

I hate to be this nerdy this early, but wouldn't you want the person who can use the Force and "see things before the happen" on the guns?
cbr
AG

jabberwalkie09 said:

New clip.

I hate to be this nerdy this early, but wouldn't you want the person who can use the Force and "see things before the happen" on the guns?
rather have that person flying the ship, frankly.
The Porkchop Express
For transparency's sake, I've got you on ignore. But I'm sure you said the exact opposite of what I said.
cbr
AG

For transparency's sake, I've got you on ignore. But I'm sure you said the exact opposite of what I said
you got something right
gougler08
AG
8pm central release?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I believe that's correct
jabberwalkie09
AG
And here we go!
Saxsoon
AG
Hera just shat all over that senator. And Jacen!
Saxsoon
AG
Okay that was pretty badass of Ahsoka.
Saxsoon
AG
They look incredible in live action!
twilly
AG
Well everybody knows what those things are now!
Saxsoon
AG
twilly said:

Well everybody knows what those things are now!
Yeah there was no ambiguity about those guys
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fun episode, if way too short.

That new planet is pretty cool looking.

And they're sure hinting at Jacen as a Jedi...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.