***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

268,819 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie_3
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

AccidentProne said:

Quote:

Fans are already hesitant about this new stadium and there is significant negative feedback about it.
Where are you seeing this? My experience thus far has been fantastic. People are very excited.

If you say "comments on Facebook, Instagram, etc." I will jump through my computer and slap you
Facebook, twitter, TexAgs, Thanksgiving. jk.

Admittedly, the closer it gets, the more interest there has been, but you can't deny the negative feedback of turf, roof, and historical love for RBiA.

Have you not seen any reservation or negative comments just about the turf?
The initial reaction to the turf was somewhat negative, yes, but I think that was due mostly to lack of knowledge. Most people hear "turf" and automatically think about the old astroturf and how it plays like concrete. Our turf will be unlike anything we've seen. There's a reason Arizona is using it, we are using it, and Miami is now installing the exact same product. And I'd be willing to bet it won't be long before Houston makes the change, too.

I've not had any negative comments regarding roof. I've received the "baseball is meant to be played outdoors" comment, but then that is immediately followed up with " but I'm glad I'll actually be able to attend or re-sell games during the summer months." I view that has a net positive.
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
What I remember hearing from Arizona's players they sure didn't seem to think it was wonderful. It may not be the old concrete AstroTurf but it's still turf which is always inferior.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
I believe we are also using a different padding than what AZ is using under their turf
Aggie_3
I'm still going to attend some games this year damn excited about the new stadium for sure. But I am don't with our management and owners this off-season has been a slap in the face to us as the fans that have been loyal to this team through thick and thin.
DannyDuberstein
AG
People will check out the shiny new toy in 2020. It's 2021 and later for the real risk of backlash.
DallasAg 94
Rossko
AG
AccidentProne said:

I believe we are also using a different padding than what AZ is using under their turf
Do you know if they have made more intelligent decisions regarding the streets and intersections on game day? The worst thing about the old park was having to wait to cross the street as a pedestrian because the roads were open to vehicles all the way to first pitch and beyond. The traffic logistics have always been terrible in Arlington.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'll believe it when I see it, RE: the turf being so grand and all.

Color me a skeptic, though.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
Rossko said:

AccidentProne said:

Do you know if they have made more intelligent decisions regarding the streets and intersections on game day? The worst thing about the old park was having to wait to cross the street as a pedestrian because the roads were open to vehicles all the way to first pitch and beyond. The traffic logistics have always been terrible in Arlington.
Two VIP parking lots on the West and East sides of the stadium. These lots are reserved for long-term suite holders and home plate club season ticket holders. These lots touch the stadium

Two General Season parking lots - Lot B and Lot R. Lot B is on the north side of the stadium and will touch the stadium. Lot R is on the south side of the stadium and is across Cowboys Way. There will be a walkway from the lot and pedestrian bridge that cross the street. So there will be 4 lots now with unimpeded access to the stadium.

Lots B and R will also have reserved parking spaces
94chem
The new stadium costs roughly the same amount as a world scale petrochemicals process unit. If it was built for free with other people's money, even a poorly performing asset would make a ton of money for the owners. There would never be any driver to debottleneck or improve the technology.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Rossko
AG
AccidentProne said:

Rossko said:

AccidentProne said:

Two VIP parking lots on the West and East sides of the stadium. These lots are reserved for long-term suite holders and home plate club season ticket holders. These lots touch the stadium

Two General Season parking lots - Lot B and Lot R. Lot B is on the north side of the stadium and will touch the stadium. Lot R is on the south side of the stadium and is across Cowboys Way. There will be a walkway from the lot and pedestrian bridge that cross the street. So there will be 4 lots now with unimpeded access to the stadium.

Lots B and R will also have reserved parking spaces

Thanks for the update. Will there be any type of pedestrian bridge crossing over Randol Mill? That street will probably be jam packed with traffic if it is left open.
Rossko
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

With the Springs signing, it may be time to look at RP, so see where we are ...

The following 5 are under contract, so they are likely on the 26.
Jesse Chavez: $4.0M
Leclerc: $2.75M
Montero $1.75M
Goody: $915K <- picked up off waivers from Cle
Springs: $585K

With expanded roster, looks like we could go with 7-8 RPs. This will help if JD decides to use the "starter" role.

RH-RP (3)
Jesse Chavez (35): 48G, 4.85 ERA, 1.333 WHIP, 78.0 IP, 72 K
Leclerc (25): 70G, 4.33 ERA, 1.325 WHIP, 68.2 IP, 100 SO
Goody (27): 39G, 3.54 ERA, 1.279 WHIP, 40.2 IP, 50 SO

LH-RP (2)
B Martin (24): 51G, 4.76 ERA, 1.444 WHIP, 62.1 IP, 62 SO
Springs (26): 25G, 6.40 ERA, 1.887 WHIP, 32.1 IP, 32 SO

So, we need 2... maybe 3 more
Montero (28-R): 22G, 2.48 ERA, 0.966 WHIP, 29.0 IP, 34 SO
Farrell (28-R): 9G, 2.70 ERA, 13.1 IP, 12 SO
Clase (21-R): 21G, 2.31 ERA, 1.114 WHIP, 23.1 IP, 21 SO

Bird (26-L): 12G, 7.82 ERA

Anyone I am missing?

If you are a legit SP... you want a great BP. One thing that dramatically changes a SPs ERA is whether or not inherited runners score. If you have a guy that can come in and strike guys out, like Leclerc, you increase the odds of stranded runners.

That bullpen needs some arms. I just don't believe they are available.
Clase is for sure on the 26. I didn't see you mention Evans, Barlow, St John or Weickel who should all factor in the pen for 2020. Evans and Barlow could make the 26 out of spring.
DallasAg 94
94chem
Clase, Montero, and LeClerc are a dynamite trio on the back end. If you can't strikeout 10+/9 IP in today's game, you have no business in the 8th inning or later of an MLB game. Exceptions possible for situational lefties, but you know what I mean.
Mr Gigem
AG
Holy **** the stadium is on fire
Visor Guy
AG
Stadium is on fire apparently?

https://www.facebook.com/brian.glenn.984/videos/10215838648824814/
DeangeloVickers
AG
Nm
DeangeloVickers
AG
Mr Gigem
AG
Hope that doesn't set the construction timeline back
Cappo
AG
Good think the old ballpark still can be played in!
hph6203
AG
They should have helicopters with water for this kind of thing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Baseball gods pointing out the mistake of inside baseball on plastic grass.
DannyDuberstein
AG
In all seriousness, when I was by there last week, it still looked like a ****load of work left to be ready for April.
94chem
Lamar HS is pretty close by. They can probably seat the current season ticket base
Mr Gigem
AG
Video I just saw makes it seem like it's pretty isolated
Spaceship
AG
Yeah I'm sure it's isolated in the sense that the facility is really large, but it's a significant fire for sure.
Baseball Gods

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.