BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

685,388 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
gunan01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to Sweet Horse, a bubble tea place in the Kohl's shopping center today. Opened in January. Very delicious!
rc_cat
Demon 8 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Why do y'all suggest Trader Joe's for every vacant building around the area?

Isn't that where all the tree huggers and vegans shop?

If so, do not want. Don't California my College Station
Not a vegan and only a partial tree hugger, but a whole lot of my money would go to a Trader Joe's if one came here. Oh, and I've only been to California once. I'd even be happy with a Sprouts and would adore a Central Market. And, to complete the trifecta (quadfecta?) - Let's get a Costco here, too!
armymom
I would rather see a Trader Joe's in that space than a trampoline park.
bushytailed
AG
biobioprof said:

FlyRod said:

The Fusion Peru food truck has announced they are moving into a restaurant. Those are the only details I have.
Ever eat there? I've meant to but never got around to it. Plus I figured they wouldn't have my favorite Peruvian dish: the Pisco Sour.

West End Elixer makes them!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is the food truck park still going to be a thing?
Tailgate88
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Is the food truck park still going to be a thing?

Yes. I know the guy who is contracted to build it out. As with all construction in CS there have been delays but they hope to be open for football season.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Good deal! The last tweet (from April) indicated they were hoping for an early June open. I was worried it may have fallen through.
Stupe
S
carpe vinum said:

It sounds like Kroger to Greens Prairie at Arrington is pretty done from what I've heard.
That would absolutely suck, in my opinion.

From a franchise standpoint, why would they put it there instead of the east side of 6?
AggiePhil
AG
Yes! The new Mad Taco has a drive-thru window.
Tailgate88
AG
Stupe said:

carpe vinum said:

It sounds like Kroger to Greens Prairie at Arrington is pretty done from what I've heard.

From a franchise standpoint, why would they put it there instead of the east side of 6?

Not to mention the traffic nightmare. Which is already going to happen but a Kroger would have made it even worse.
kraut
AG
PS3D said:

CJHajda said:

Latest update from Economic Development Director for College Station

Finally, around Chimney Hill (about five and a half minutes in), she does cover new information not previously mentioned. The new Chimney Hill will be a strip center again (though she dances around actually calling it that) and mentions that the Republic will relocate out front, presumably to the old Chamber of Commerce site. The old Albertsons site is discussed...it's a little inaccurate to say exactly how much H-E-B bought in 2011 (there were three stores, not sites all over the state) but basically what we know before--H-E-B still has a lease there and between them and the building owner, they cockblock any new ideas the city has for usage. Still wonder why the city's rolling over and playing dead on this, a previous city council might've actually been proactive enough to try to buy the building back and market it to put an actual business on the tax rolls.

The city needs to stay out of the real estate speculation business.
Stupe
S
Yep.

There is no way that Greens Prairie isn't going to be expanded at some point.....but let's go ahead stick another huge shopping center in that area before we do that.
Captn_Ag05
AG
http://fatshack.com/college-station-tx-coming-soon/

Fat shack on Wellborn, opening later this summer.
95_Aggie
AG
I'll bet Carp's is waiting on the new Kroger.
RafterAg223
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Stupe said:

carpe vinum said:

Not to mention the traffic nightmare. Which is already going to happen but a Kroger would have made it even worse.
Both the Kroger and Margraves Ranch developers are going above and beyond what is required by the city to address and improve current traffic issues at Greens Prairie and Arrington. The traffic mitigation is required and is now public knowledge. It can be found on the CSTX website. These measures include widening Greens Prairie to 4 lanes, an expanded signalized intersection at GP and Arrington, a signal at the intersection of Castlegate Dr./Margraves Ranch property, an off site extended length decel lane off of highway 40 Southbound on to Arrington, extended decel lanes on GP and Arrington in to the retail development, and the list goes on. The traffic situation after full development will be better than existing conditions. Caprock Crossing will also be reconnecting Old Arrington to Greens Prairie in the near future. That should make the Nantucket and Indian Lakes folks very happy. It will also essentially erase most of the existing northbound traffic on Arrington. The HEB was way underbuilt when it came online and is a nightmare right now. Another grocery store is desperately needed to service this area. I've lived in Castlegate since 2002. There was nothing out here then. I also knew that wouldn't always be the case. The corner where Kroger will locate is a 30 acre Urban designated corner. I'd much rather have a Kroger Marketplace there than a hodgepodge of smaller retailers and fast food joints spread out over 30 acres.
jac4
AG
AggiePhil said:

Is it open?
atm86
AG
jac4 said:

AggiePhil said:

Is it open?
Not close.
RafterAg223
AG
atm86 said:

jac4 said:

AggiePhil said:

Is it open?
Not close.

Target date is Sep 1
deh40
AG
Looks like TX Burger on Wellborn is open.
Justin2010
AG
Quote:

I'd much rather have a Kroger Marketplace there than a hodgepodge of smaller retailers and fast food joints spread out over 30 acres.

Even if it means another big empty box that's less than 20 years old?
halibut sinclair
Anyone heard when All the Kings Men will be opening in downtown Bryan?
95_Aggie
AG
Yet more apartments coming
Love Gun
AGnCS said:

Yet more apartments coming

Where are we supposed to get all these people that are going to fill these and all the others?

We need Bryan to step up and start building some apartments for once. Oh wait. That would mean they'd have to tear down those old dilapidated structures, and they ain't having that
halibut sinclair
Demon 8 said:

We need Bryan to step up and start building some apartments for once.
This large new apartment complex just recently opened in Bryan:

http://www.cambervillas.com/
eloc62
Captn_Ag05 said:

UUUMMMHHH.... Fat Shack!!! -Homer Simpson.
eloc62
deh40 said:

any early reviews?
Tailgate88
AG
eloc62 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

UUUMMMHHH.... Fat Shack!!! -Homer Simpson.

http://fatshack.com/mobile-menu/
UmustBKidding
The ac repair truck has been there.every afternoon
redchapterjubilee
TX Burger in Wellborn. We went last night. Food was fine. The fries were especially good. Prices are competitive with Whataburger. Staff was friendly and were working HARD last night, as the place was full for a couple of hours. We'll go back for sure, but we live right around the corner from it. I dunno if it's special enough to attract people to come down that way if they don't already live down that way.
theycallmemrtibbs
Anybody try the new chinese/thai place between Zands and Carter Burger? I think it's called Hometown.
duffelpud
AG
Quote:

As with all construction in CS there have been delays but they hope to be open for football season.

2021 Football Season?
Eliminatus
AG
deh40 said:

Damnit! I thought y'all were shorthanding Texas Burger from the Permian Basin. Been waiting for weeks! Complete killjoy for me when I googled the hours and discovered TX burger is not Texas Burger....
armymom
TX Burger
deh40
AG
eloc62 said:

deh40 said:

any early reviews?
Went tonight. Wasn't impressed, would rather have Whataburger.
D_Wag97
AG
The city needs a new P&Z commission and council if they think it's a good idea for the Kroger. Those updates will do nothing to mitigate the traffic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.