BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,802 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Oddity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blaze Pizza is absolutely horrible. The pizza crust is very thin, but mostly it lacks taste. It reminded me of a tv dinner pizza; actually, it was like eating a cardboard pizza.

Hungry Howie's is kind of similar to Blaze. Go there instead. Now, if you want good pizza go to RX Pizza downtown. It truly is the BEST pizza in town.
Cyp0111
possibly the first time I've heard someone recommend Hungry Howie's, it is what I would call an "oddity"
KidDoc
AG
Oddity said:

Blaze Pizza is absolutely horrible. The pizza crust is very thin, but mostly it lacks taste. It reminded me of a tv dinner pizza; actually, it was like eating a cardboard pizza.

Hungry Howie's is kind of similar to Blaze. Go there instead. Now, if you want good pizza go to RX Pizza downtown. It truly is the BEST pizza in town.
Blue Baker is pretty darn good as well. But RX is the best IMO. Cafe Eccel is pretty great too.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oddity
Hey, I'm no fan of Hungry Howie's. But, it is far superior to Blaze Pizza and cheap too. Blaze Pizza was very disappointing yet typical.

Me and my lady went one night and stood in line for over an hour for what is possibly the worst pizza I've ever had. I hadn't been that disappointed since Fuego's.

Edit: I stand corrected, I hadn't been that disappointed since Freebirds. Without question the most overrated place in town.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I've actually enjoyed Blaze the times I went. Obviously, Rx is better, but it is a totally different experience and I don't think the two should be compared.
TXCityGirl
Ate at Blaze for the first time yesterday and we liked it. Crispy, thin crust, price is great for as many toppings as we like to add ($8.25). They have many beer choices and great juices, but no wine or spirits.
halibut sinclair
Blaze is excellent - love the thin crust. I used to recommend Rx Pizza highly, but we had a bad experience there a few weeks ago. Will give it another try, though.
K2T2
Oddity said:

Hey, I'm no fan of Hungry Howie's. But, it is far superior to Blaze Pizza and cheap too. Blaze Pizza was very disappointing yet typical.

Me and my lady went one night and stood in line for over an hour for what is possibly the worst pizza I've ever had. I hadn't been that disappointed since Fuego's.

Edit: I stand corrected, I hadn't been that disappointed since Freebirds. Without question the most overrated place in town.
Jeez...Why would you wait in line for OVER AN HOUR for what's essentially the Chipotle of pizza?
Rex Racer
AG
If you guys want some GREAT pizza, and you're going to the Belk Bowl, visit Rosario's Pizza in Concord. It's in the Food Lion shopping center at 5303 Poplar Tent Road, Concord, NC.

My wife and I eat there every time we go visit her family. That place is just AMAZING. Best pizza I have had in my entire life.
Oddity
Well, I wanted to go to Shiriz Shish Kabob instead, but she said No. That was why.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is Urban Bricks like Blaze?
Look Out Below
AG
Yes
SpartanAg1618
AG
Yes. Blaze is far superior though, in my opinion.

Blaze >> Urban Bricks

Blaze also has thick crust, for those who do not like thin, and I personally think it is some of the best thick crust pizza in town.
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Totally agree. Blaze is a superior product. Their sauce tastes better and I apprciate a crispy, thin crust. Their dining area is also more likely to be clean and less noisy than UB.

Idk how UB gets their thin crust to be as floppy and soft as it is. They say it gets more crunchy as you add more toppings. Not the case with Blaze. Their simple pie gets as crispy as any other pizza.
LastHamlet
AG
K2T2 said:

Oddity said:

Jeez...Why would you wait in line for OVER AN HOUR for what's essentially the Chipotle of pizza?
Reading is hard. Obviously he wouldn't have stood in line for OVER AN HOUR if he knew he was going to be disappointed.
redd38
AG
Why would you stand in line for an hour at ANY restaurant?
CactusThomas
AG
redd38 said:

Do you even hipster, bro?
Oddity
Because my girlfriend wanted to go. Happy wife (girlfriend) happy life.
KidDoc
AG
redd38 said:

We in Aggieland are really lucky with this actually. When I visit the metropolis cities I'm always annoyed how long the wait is for good places.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cyp0111
Most townies are brain dead towards reality.
Counterpoint
AG
Oddity said:

Slamming Blaze, Freebirds, AND Fuego in one post seems like a troll, but I know what you mean!
Kitten With A Whip
Cyp0111 said:

Most townies are brain dead towards reality.
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a "townie?"
meezermom
Church truck (forgot the name already) in the parking lot of the Aggieland Fitness Dome ... anybody know if they might be moving in?
mgreen
Ironically I ate at Blaze Pizza an hour ago and was coming to post how good it was. Loved the crust, red sauce and the roasted garlic was amazing. Service was great.
Geralt of Rivia
S
What is the parking at Century Square like now? I probably missed the update. Do you still have to pay after your first 10 minutes?
mAgnoliAg
AG
redd38 said:

This is a very common occurrence if you ever leave BCS. I've waited 3 hours for a restaurant before.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wade Winston Wilson said:

What is the parking at Century Square like now? I probably missed the update. Do you still have to pay after your first 10 minutes?
No, and with the students gone you may actually find a parking spot.
Cyp0111
They backed off the pay parking thing
Justin2010
AG
Cyp0111 said:

possibly the first time I've heard someone recommend Hungry Howie's, it is what I would call an "oddity"
Hey guys,

I am the Marketing Manager for Hungry Howie's BCS.

If you're not a fan of the pizza in general - we all have different tastes, so no hard feelings.

But if you have a negative view of us because of a negative experience at one of our stores, etc, please shoot me an email so we can see about getting you a little pizza on us and hopefuuly change your mind.

Justin @ justinbaileydesign dot com

Merry Christmas!
Oddity
Free pizza you say. Did I mention how much I adore your food? In all seriousness, what I was most surprised about HH when I first went was the quality and price of the food.

It's definitely in my top 5 of late night food options in BCS.
Justin2010
AG
Oddity said:

Free pizza you say. Did I mention how much I adore your food? In all seriousness, what I was most surprised about HH when I first went was the quality and price of the food.

It's definitely in my top 5 of late night food options in BCS.

Blue parachute! Shoot me an email and I'll hook you up!
snaglepuss
Haven't gone to this thread in a few days...the whole page 66 is a critique of pizza. What happened to coming and going?
PS3D
There is a new strip center between the old Taste of China building and the AutoZone that I've seen nothing about.
Captn_Ag05
AG
What is going in it?
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

What is going in it?
Not sure, but it was in the New Development list in January 2017 with no details other than "A Proposed New Lease Space for College Station Shopping Center. It looks like a wide but shallow building. I'd guess a small liquor store but that's just a guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.