BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,527 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sawemoff94 said:

What we really need in terms of wing bars is a Pluckers. My favorite wings restaurant bar none!
The next one that is opening is in Cypress area so they are creeping closer. They are amazing though. Started by a few t-sips so not sure if they have Aggieland as a priority.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePhil
AG
KidDoc said:

What is going in on Birmingham rd in College Station near the Texas ENT/Allergy? It looks like it will have a drive through.

A bank
FlyRod
Stafford Theatre up for sale. Hope they don't close as well.
nashvilleaggie11
WHAT? That's big news.
redd38
AG
FlyRod said:

Stafford Theatre up for sale. Hope they don't close as well.
It's my understanding that it's just the building that Stafford is in. I would imagine they would keep Stafford there.
nashvilleaggie11
I'm not sure about that....

http://www.cortiersrealestate.com/listing/17003302-106-south-main-street-bryan-tx-77803-3242/
PS3D
nashvilleaggie11 said:

I'm not sure about that....

http://www.cortiersrealestate.com/listing/17003302-106-south-main-street-bryan-tx-77803-3242/
If the video shot for Lyle Lovett's "This Old Porch" is to be believed, the whole building is more or less new, by the 1990s you can see only the brick facade remained.

Also, the New Development list this week does in fact show the proposed H-E-B at 2818 and Wellborn, in case there was any questions.
MsC2012
AG
Where in the new development list? I don't see it.
CDub06
AG
http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=2313

Specifically: https://maps.cstx.gov/pdspublic/NDL%20Drawings/SP2017-000013.tif
MsC2012
AG
Thanks. I don't see it under March.. Unless i"m blind lol
CDub06
AG
It's listed under: Stratus Retail Development (SP2017-000013): A Site Plan for a Commercial Retail Development.

Though I'm not sure how that Balcones extension is going to work with the existing church parking lot. I'd like to see that detailed a little more.
MsC2012
AG
Very true! Thanks!!
Scotch
AG
Going from memory only, I think Balcones will be a tight fit, but doable.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yea?
ChampsAg
https://www.facebook.com/events/295839464166280/?ti=as

710 San Jacinto Lane
Bryan, Texas 77803
bcstx06
ChampsAg said:

https://www.facebook.com/events/295839464166280/?ti=as

710 San Jacinto Lane
Bryan, Texas 77803
Actually, I think that location is or was owned by a relative of the people that own the one at Holleman and Welsh and has been open for a while now.

The new, new location of the Remnant from Nawlins will be in the old Butler's Location:
1416 Groesbeck
Bryan, TX 77803

It will be a dine-in/takeout restaurant.
Tailgate88
AG
So is there still a location at Welsh and Holleman in the gas station?
ChampsAg
Remnants of New Orleans has removed the grand opening event from Facebook as of 20 minutes ago
BlueMiles
AG
Deleted mis-information.
rmarshall2014
AG
sawemoff94 said:

What we really need in terms of wing bars is a Pluckers. My favorite wings restaurant bar none!

Pluckers would do really well here. Blows BWW/Hooters/Wing Stop/Wings N More out of the water
carpe vinum
AG
BlueMiles said:

I think I read that Butler's had been experiencing break-ins, and a local company (ASC?) was trying to help them. That was a while ago, though, and I might be remembering it wrong.
I know a bit about the Butlers, and as much as I love the food, the robbery stories could conceivably be embellished. No doubt in my mind the cooking is authentic, the management is a bit suspect in my opinion.
I look forward to trying the new place also.
BlueMiles
AG
You know more than I do about it. Thanks for commenting.
momlaw
AG
Butler's was owned by County Constable Isaac Butler.

This article in The Eagle is about Ms. Helen's Cafe is the one that was burglarized and the community, including ASC David rallied to support August 2016.
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks, momlaw.
mazag08
AG
rmarshall2014 said:

sawemoff94 said:

Pluckers would do really well here. Blows BWW/Hooters/Wing Stop/Wings N More out of the water

As someone who frequented Wings N More and now frequents pluckers, I'd say that's false. Wings N More has a great menu and the wing n tender combo sets them apart. Pluckers is awesome though. Both could thrive. BWW would suffer more than wings n more.
KidDoc
AG
mazag08 said:

rmarshall2014 said:

sawemoff94 said:

As someone who frequented Wings N More and now frequents pluckers, I'd say that's false. Wings N More has a great menu and the wing n tender combo sets them apart. Pluckers is awesome though. Both could thrive. BWW would suffer more than wings n more.
The quality and size of the wings at Wings & More is awful relative to Plucker's. I wish I could buy wings for home cooking from the Plucker's supplier. I don't like chicken tenders much so cannot compare those. I do like W&M more than BWW but they really have tiny wings and limited flavor options.

Damn now I have a hankering for wings.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gunan01
AG
Have to agree with Kiddoc. Wings N More is poor quality wings when you compare to Pluckers. IMO the wings at Pluckers are a higher quality than any wing place in BCS.

But there is no point in arguing about this because Pluckers will never come.
KidDoc
AG
gunan01 said:

Have to agree with Kiddoc. Wings N More is poor quality wings when you compare to Pluckers. IMO the wings at Pluckers are a higher quality than any wing place in BCS.

But there is no point in arguing about this because Pluckers will never come.
Why do you think "never" ? Because they are t-sips?

Honestly I'm pretty excited for the Cypress opening that isn't too far. The current Houston location kind of stinks the parking is awful and it is too small.
meezermom
Does anyone have any news on Pappadeaux? Will it possibly be happening sometime this century?
jja79
AG
I think it's supposed to finish when the road construction at Rock Prairie and Longmire is finished.
EvenPar
AG
You can make sure it doesn't close all you need is a little more than half a MIL.
Cancelled
AG
College station: "we need more handheld chicken restaurants! "
Tailgate88
AG
queso1 said:

How about we make a law to close two for every new one. Also banks, nail salons...
Prescient
Tailgate88 said:

queso1 said:

How about we make a law to close two for every new one. Also banks, nail salons...
....taco places...
MiMi
S
Dominos sign is up at Towerpoint. In the new retail building next to the Verizon store.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.